Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Haven't read all the posts in this thread but Blizzard have said many times (quite recently too) that they at this point see no point in making a WoW2, there is no point in re making essentially the same game just so they can improve the graphics when they can more easily improve the graphics engine every expansion.

I dont think WoW will die and Blizzard would be very stupid to finish their cash cow in favour of upgrading graphics. If WoW does get to the stage where its subs are drastically low I think their move would be to make the game f2p, give the IP a rest for a while then return with a new RTS game followed by a new mmo but only after a good break and plenty of development time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Having some things in common and a somewhat similar style is one thing.
    Titan being Warcraft's universe in the future (à la Warhammer 40k), which is what OP is talking about, would be VERY Warcraft related, don't you think?
    Dude... What if Blizzard was making a 40K MMO O.o

Dark Millennium isn't an MMO anymore, so the idea is up for grabs now

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Dude... What if Blizzard was making a 40K MMO O.o

Dark Millennium isn't an MMO anymore, so the idea is up for grabs now
    There were and still may be hints that can lead one to determine what kind of game Titan will be. On there recruitment site for years they were looking for artists and devs that have FPS experience. They were looking for people who have experience with real-time advertising. Blizzard was rumored to be working on the Halo MMO years back. Official Blizz interviews have stated this is not related to any existing IP but a brand new IP and that this game is geared for a quick pick up and play sessions and is meant to not compete with WoW.

With those being out there, myself and many others think the game may be a first/third person shooter set in the modern day to future setting with in game ads. Not like the banner ads with the free NetZero, but like product placement, billboards, radio and TV ads in game. Titan is not the game many believe it will be. I could be wrong myself, but there is enough info out there that leads more in my speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Blizzard have said a gazillion times that "Project Titan" (still a codename I'd like to point out) is a brand NEW franchise. Besides "Cataclysm" was pretty much the "End of Azeroth" expansion.
    This, don't know how many times it has to be said..

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Blizzard have said a gazillion times that "Project Titan" (still a codename I'd like to point out) is a brand NEW franchise. Besides "Cataclysm" was pretty much the "End of Azeroth" expansion.
    THIS ^

Personally, I think the titan project will be a massive step into social media gaming.

It will be nothing like Diablo, WOW or starcraft but those games will be tied into it in some way.
    I wouldn't put it past it to even have a SIMS like functioning.

We have seen WOW and diablo and how they are mixing into battlenet and battlenets expansion in design and intergration with realID.

Were going to see a form of social media gaming that makes farmville look like a preschool project. I think blizzard has seen how many millions of people get tied into those types of games through social media outlets and are working on something along those lines to tap into that revenue stream.

It will be hugely tied into battlenet with social media like aspects.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-12-05 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necator View Post
    according to the leaked Blizzard release schedule, WoW's expansion #5 and Titan will be released almost simultaneously, which is in the
    end of 2013.
    There is a zero percent chance there will be a new expansion pack for WoW in 2013.

On topic, the Alliance and Horde have semi-joined forces to defeat major enemies before, such as the Lich King and Deathwing. It didn't exactly stick, however, and with a good reason: money. Blizzard knows that ending the War in Warcraft will basically be the end of the game because of the massive loss of interest in its playerbase. It'd be great to have in a movie or long-running TV show, but not something I expect to see here.