Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I went and added up the same(as close as I could get) parts and it came in at about $400, not really a deal

Not to mention some of the stuff I have been finding about that PSU makes me very very worried >_>
    Last edited by tielknight; 2014-11-28 at 06:59 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WhoawhoawhoawhoaWHOA.

That shit was $400~ on Black Friday! :O

I wonder how long this will last... >_>
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Until it goes out? It is very tempting to buy one atm...

10+ Year Old Account
    I KNEW I should not have bought these stupid Sennheisers.

All the beer was a necessity though, in comparison.
    "A flower.

If you don't mind the rather large rebate(and it being bundles with a Cloud Storage software), you can get a MSI R7 250X 2GB for $34.99. Today only + free shipping.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh wow, they must really want to get rid of that...

Also, can't help but say, I would not trust any company, much less going through TD.com for such a massive rebate on an otherwise cheap item...

If it's one of those "buy this $10 fan and get the full price back, or all but a penny back!" deals, then sure. But God damn... $100.
    "A flower.

Having done multiple rebates through them so far(almost all of them for the full-value of the item) I haven't run into any problems with them so far.

The rebate has a "requirement" where you have to set it to auto-renew and can only cancel it on the the 10th month of your 12-month sub that it comes with, but you can just cancel it right after you use the card as you are only limited to 1 rebate from them anyways so it's not like you will have to deal with them anymore

Last edited by tielknight; 2014-12-15 at 06:20 AM.

Last edited by tielknight; 2014-12-19 at 12:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only I had a need for an mSATA drive atm! That's a fantastic deal! >_<
    "A flower.

http://computers.woot.com/offers/22-...m_medium=email

Really good deal on this monitor, most at this price dont have an HDMI input nor do they include a DVI cable, this one has both.

I raise ye thread back from the dead!

So here's an incredible deal on a mechanical keyboard: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251876823366

I had used one of these years and years ago when I worked retail, they're solid little things. They're mechanical without plates (no idea what color switch), so they're quiet. Rated for 20 million keystrokes like most. The best thing I can compare the feeling to is a Model M without as loud of a clicky clacky sound. They still satisfyingly bottom out with a solid finish.

1. Yeah, it's ebay. Oh well.
    2. It's a POS keyboard, so a few things have odd placement, most notably the delete key.
    3. The seller obviously has no idea what their actual worth is, especially new. These things used to sell for $150+. They probably acquired them from a liquidating retail outlet.
    4. They're apparently new in box!
    5. You need a PS/2 port or adapter!

I ordered 2, I'll probably make a thread about it with pictures and feedback once I get them, if they're still available.

Last edited by glo; 2015-03-23 at 01:07 PM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I don't think they are mechanical....

Our K258 POS keyboard provides basic features for simple point of sale applications.
    Heavy-duty membrane switches, spill-resistant design, and a tough metal frame extend the life of the K258 under the most brutal conditions-without wasting valuable workspace.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    I don't think they are mechanical....
    Yeah, I saw that. It's just a misinformed supplier page, every other piece of documentation (which honestly, is a pain in the ass to find considering how old these things are) correctly show that they're mechanical.

Here's the random supplier page that they copy/pasted the misinformation from: http://www.legacyglobal.com/Unitech-K258

Here's a picture of an actual switch:

Turns out they're not cherry switches, but white ALPS (if you google the model number and "white ALPS", you further find proof that this is a mechanical board). Regardless, it's a freaking steal at $20 if they are indeed new in box.

EDIT: I'm not endorsing this saying "YOU SHOULD ALL BUY THIS RIGHT NOW!" I meant it more as a "hey, if you have $20 you can gamble with, you may win out" type thing. It is hard to believe that someone found "more than 10 available" of these things 23~ years later still brand new in the box. But, you never know!
    Last edited by glo; 2015-03-23 at 05:56 PM.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Just an update to the post I made a few days ago. The keyboards came today, and sure enough they're brand new in the original box still covered in the original packing material, which is also in flawless condition. These things have never been touched, likely kept in a closet for 23 years.

The keys are also original white ALPS, they're super tactile. I'll make a post later with pictures and maybe a sound video in the computer build thread. The guy still has a bunch available on the auction page!

EDIT: Posted pictures and sound in the build thread.
    Last edited by glo; 2015-03-27 at 09:21 PM.

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    I ordered one on Monday after your first post. I don't even have a use for it but you convinced me =P. Good to hear that it's the real deal. Thanks!