Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I tend to lurk on their forums from time to time and I got to say this is possibly one of the funniest responses in awhile; This is what Daxxari has stated for those who rolled on a PVP realm and are crying about being ganked multiple times by a obviously higher level player

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This is going to sound weird, and while I do empathize with the frustration that's being expressed in this thread, this conversation still warms the cockles of my black little heart.

Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

Life on a PvP realm can be nasty, brutish and short. Justice is in very short supply. Every action you take in the world carries with it an added level of risk, from questing, to hunting down profession materials, to simply traveling from place to place. You can be attacked at any time, sometimes by an overwhelming force. Of course, the shoe can also be on the other foot, and you'll be able to turn the tables on your attacker, or find clever ways to delay them or escape from them. Some will become roaming slayers, seeking out enemies to destroy.

In short, the experience on a PvP server is different. We want it to be different, and that includes everything from honorable conflict on the field of battle to horribly despicable ganking. It's all part of the fabric that makes a PvP server what it is.

Let the blood be spilled.
    Full Source - > http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0822467?page=1

What do you think about it? Oh and I think It's awesome DEAL WITH IT hahahaha!!! Okay your turn ~

I think it's idiotic and yet another example of a blue showing they have no clue what is going on in their game. In fact, from most of the replies blues give I'm guessing most of them barely even play, if at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Can you show me where it says that if you choose a PvP server, you're giving your promise to Blizzard that you won't complain about what kind of PvP you get?
    When the "kind of PvP you get" is the type specifically promised in the server type descriptions and PvP realm policy, yes. It's not so much that you shouldn't be allowed to complain, but your complaint is of the same kind as going to a restaurant, ordering a steak, and then complaining because your meal isn't vegan.

You making a choice in ignorance of reality does not mean that those who offered the choice are at fault when reality asserts itself and you're faced with the consequences of that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I think it's idiotic and yet another example of a blue showing they have no clue what is going on in their game. In fact, from most of the replies blues give I'm guessing most of them barely even play, if at all.
    Read two posts up from your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Read two posts up from your own.
    Has nothing to do with my post. I'm talking about the blues, not some crappy manual that I've never even seen (since WoW has been sold in tons of different ways including single CD holders, no manual or anything, gotta love how people assume that what they've gotten and seen is the same as everyone else).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    My opinion?

It might have helped cut down on the people complaining if they had done something like offer optional server transfers before they put CRZ in place.
    and what would that change? pvp is pvp...it is saying here is a free transfer because there are more people on your server now that can kill you? People know what they were getting themselves into...can't roll on pvp server then be shocked that pvp happened

OT...yea deal with it or xfer to pve is 1000% correct answer...people want to have the "option" of pvp but not ganked by 90s? well roll on PVE and go to contested zone, tag yourself for pvp and pvp to your heart's content...or do a bg

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    When the "kind of PvP you get" is the type specifically promised in the server type descriptions and PvP realm policy, yes.
    Your argument is quite ridiculous. You're basically saying that what "PvP realm" means is that Blizzard just has to have PvP, and there are no further constraints on the game design that a customer is allowed to ask for. While I can see that this situation would be very convenient for a game designer (since it sets a very low bar for their performance reviews ), I do not see why any customer should put up with it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    and what would that change? pvp is pvp...it is saying here is a free transfer because there are more people on your server now that can kill you? People know what they were getting themselves into...can't roll on pvp server then be shocked that pvp happened

OT...yea deal with it or xfer to pve is 1000% correct answer...people want to have the "option" of pvp but not ganked by 90s? well roll on PVE and go to contested zone, tag yourself for pvp and pvp to your heart's content...or do a bg
    I'll do you a favor, you pay to transfer all of my characters away from my realm and I'll stop complaining about what you seem to think is 'good PVP'.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    and what would that change? pvp is pvp.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    Your argument is quite ridiculous. You're basically saying that what "PvP realm" means is that Blizzard just has to have PvP, and there are no further constraints on the game design that a customer is allowed to ask for.
    Yes. Because that is what a PvP server is.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...-server-policy

If you want further constraints on PvP, then PvE servers exist to serve that purpose.

It isn't Blizzard's fault you chose the wrong server because you didn't understand the server type distinctions.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 11:56 AM ----------

I'll do you a favor, you pay to transfer all of my characters away from my realm and I'll stop complaining about what you seem to think is 'good PVP'.
    Or you could accept the responsibility for your own mistakes rather than demanding Blizzard change all PvP realms to PvE because you didn't understand the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    (since WoW has been sold in tons of different ways including single CD holders, no manual or anything, gotta love how people assume that what they've gotten and seen is the same as everyone else)

You may not have looked hard enough ... every time you installed the game, there was an option to read the manual in PDF format.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    What I personally liked this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7393479775 ... Where someone replied:

I am so sorry for these people, but ... Read the fucking manual ...

I knew I liked you

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 10:00 AM ----------

If you want further constraints on PvP, then PvE servers exist to serve that purpose.

It isn't Blizzard's fault you chose the wrong server because you didn't understand the server type distinctions.

Or you could accept the responsibility for your own mistakes rather than demanding Blizzard change all PvP realms to PvE because you didn't understand the difference.

Yeah... I like you too

Non sequitur. Yes, that is what defines a PvP server. No, that doesn't define what a customer is allowed to ask for.

Do learn the difference between these two concepts.

Try applying your reasoning to PvE. If a server provides an environment with which a player can interact, is the player then not allowed to complain about precisely what that environment is? Of course not. If a player is handed a raid, is he not allowed to complain about the details of the raid? Of course not.

So, if a player is handed a PvP game, is he not allowed to complain about the context and details of the PvP? OF COURSE NOT.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2012-12-13 at 05:04 PM.

Actually, not my mistake, the difference wasn't made clear.

I say let them ask all day. After 8 years, Blizz has made pretty clear what will happen on a PvP server. All CRZ did was enforce what will happen on a PvP server. It will never change and for that, I am glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post

You may not have looked hard enough ... every time you installed the game, there was an option to read the manual in PDF format.
    Even then, why would I look there for a piece of information I didn't even know I was looking for? And how about the information that doesn't exist in those manuals like the gouging prices for server transfers?

Actually, not my mistake, the difference wasn't made clear.
    What part about Player vs Player is unclear?

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 10:08 AM ----------

Even then, why would I look there for a piece of information I didn't even know I was looking for? And how about the information that doesn't exist in those manuals like the gouging prices for server transfers?
    It's called research on the WoW website. Just cause you didn't feel like reading the fine print doesn't make Blizzard wrong Just means you are more likely to do some RESEARCH in the future and REVIEW things before you jump face first into the empty swimming pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Non sequitur. Yes, that is what defines a PvP server. No, that doesn't define what a customer is allowed to ask for.

Do learn the difference between these two concepts.
    Blizzard already offers what you're asking for. It's called "a PvE server".

To reword my prior analogy, you're going to a restaurant, ordering a steak, and then when you're served a lovely piece of medium-rare meat, you're disgusted that anyone would eat animal flesh, and demanding you get the fresh leafy greens you actually wanted. When people point out that what you actually wanted was "a salad", not "a steak", you're saying the customer should be able to order and get whatever they like, and that steaks shouldn't exist because eating animals is "bad". Everyone who likes steak wants you to stop trying to ruin it for everyone else, and to learn what you're ordering rather than complaining when your own uninformed choices end up not being what you actually wanted.

The issue isn't that there's nothing on the menu for you. It's that you're being obstinate and refusing to actually pick what you actually want, and trying to force everything else to change to your whims. You want to play on a PvE server, so go play on one. This isn't rocket surgery. There's no reason to ruin the PvP server experience for everyone who enjoys it just because you don't want to face the consequences of your choices.

Blizzard already offers what you're asking for. It's called "a PvE server".
    Stop with the transparently ridiculous nonsense! These folks who are complaining rolled on PvP servers, presumably because they wanted PvP of a kind. They are complaining that the PvP changed to a kind they don't like. If they had wanted PvE, they would have rolled on a PvE server.

complaining about getting ganked on a pvp realm is like complaining about getting a tan when going to the beach.

what do people seriously expect?

The issue isn't that there's nothing on the menu for you. It's that you're being obstinate and refusing to actually pick what you actually want, and trying to force everything else to change to your whims. You want to play on a PvE server, so go play on one. This isn't rocket surgery. There's no reason to ruin the PvP server experience for everyone who enjoys it just because you don't want to face the consequences of your choices.
    Exactly. If Blizz gives one bonehead a free xfer then everyone will want one, and then there will be lawsuits and loss of income from paid services. They are not gonna slaughter a cash cow just because Timmy wants a new leather jacket