Poll: Which class deserves a 4th spec?

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Personally, I'd like to see the pure DPS classes done away with and if not adding a 4th spec, at least tailoring one of the three to be something else.

Rogues could have their Subtlety switched to an avoidance tank spec.
    Warlocks could have their Demonology switched to a tank spec with metamorphosis. They could also maybe get a 4th spec of a healing tree using dark magics to heal. We already have a few examples from the shadow priest spell set. Those could easily be expanded on. In addition, warlocks already have siphon life and drain life.
    Hunters could have their Beast Master spec switched to a pet tanking spec.
    Mages could have their Arcane spec switched to healing tree with time and reverse damage as their focus.
    Shaman I think are the biggest argument for a tank spec. Back in Vanilla WoW, Shaman could off tank fairly well. Seems easy to bring back some of those talents and expand slightly on them.

Then, there's no excuse of "I can't find a tank or healer!" By doing that, every class would have the option of at least two roles. There would then be 9 tanks and 8 healer specs in the game to work with.

On a personal side note, I would love to see priests get a holy DPS spec. I'd personally push for a fourth spec in that case, as Disc and Holy are quite different in play style.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Druids are the go-to Hybrid class, it's fitting that it got the 4th spec. Did I like it? No not at all, not really much I can do though, just accept the loss and continue to enjoy my spec.
    Quoted for truth

hunters so they can have another subpar dps spec

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I just want Frost tanking back.
    DW frost tanking was fun, sure blood was better in ICC, but frost was fun.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    All of them. Every class should get a fourth spec, and the specs should be used to give classes something that they used to be able to do but no longer can, or something completely new.
    Nice post Kathranis! Judging by my experience in other games it would benefit a lot the characters!

Talking for my class witch is Warlock, Blizzard already gave us DA "unofficial" tanking but trough a single glyph so its only natural that this evolves into a 4th spec.

About the only class that might have a long-standing claim to a fourth spec is the shaman, which was able to (sort of) tank as Enhancement back in Vanilla. Rockbiter Weapon is the last vestige of that legacy. A mail tank that defends using earth and stone powers would be pretty cool in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Honestly, I think Monks need a Crane Spec.
    Monks/Paladins both need a Spell caster DPS spec. I hate having to carry ret gear around.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Which ones?
    All Affli DoTs, Shadow Bolt, most of the other shadow stuff including curses. Lorewise, Warlocks were pretty much Destruction only when WoW was made. It's also the reason both had Death Coil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    All Affli DoTs, Shadow Bolt, most of the other shadow stuff including curses. Lorewise, Warlocks were pretty much Destruction only when WoW was made. It's also the reason both had Death Coil.
    And where have those skills been used on necromancers before? Necromancers in WC3 had Unholy Frenzy, Cripple and Raise Dead.
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/undea...romancer.shtml

New. Spec. For. ALL! Not necessarily a new role for all though.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

These are all really horrible ideas no offense. The one and only reason Druids got a fourth spec was a response to design that was made in vanilla with forms, it was blizzards own fault and since the new talent system worked perfectly for all the other specs EXCEPT druid they had to find a way to implement the new system and keep all the forms that have been present in the class balance for 8 years.

It's not favoritism it's called logic. Stop being crazies and tune down the tinfoil.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman tank spec would be the most logical.

A hemomancer spec for DKs would be cool: Plate caster with off heals and life draining magic with a bit of shadow and frost for taste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    These are all really horrible ideas no offense. The one and only reason Druids got a fourth spec was a response to design that was made in vanilla with forms, it was blizzards own fault and since the new talent system worked perfectly for all the other specs EXCEPT druid they had to find a way to implement the new system and keep all the forms that have been present in the class balance for 8 years.

It's not favoritism it's called logic. Stop being crazies and tune down the tinfoil.
    This
    (what I said but better xD )

1. Shaman tank spec (They use shields, they have a bunch of tank abilities, they just need dedicated talents for it to be possible)

2. A Holy ranged DPS Tree for Pallys (shockadin)

3. A holy ranged DPS tree for priests (simply because they have a bunch of useless holy damage spells with no purpose other than early leveling.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And where have those skills been used on necromancers before? Necromancers in WC3 had Unholy Frenzy, Cripple and Raise Dead.
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/undea...romancer.shtml
    indeed! I think some people are just stubbornly overproud when it comes to accepting they are wrong. Allow me to ask those bold enough to check THIS and say they are the same as Warlocks when it comes to gameplay and lore

10+ Year Old Account
    having gone through most of the these threads, i can see either an avoidance tank for a rogue or a true 'support' class like a bard that can both buff allies and debuff enemies. i wouldnt mind seeing a buffed up atonement dps spec for priests who dont want to go shadow to dps.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    One advantage of giving every class the ability to DPS, tank, and heal is that it might actually improve the ratio of tanks to heals to DPS (for queuing purposes), as well as improve the average player's knowledge of HOW to tank/heal/DPS (so they don't immediately point fingers whenever things go wrong).

OK, ignore that second part... average players will always point fingers.

... and the first part doesn't really work for lore/logic purposes either: hunter healers, for instance, just don't make sense. This definitely wasn't a "wish" on my part; more an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Death Knight blood healing, or adding blood dps back.
    I voted DK bring back blood DPS so I can actually stand to play my DK again. I miss good Ol Armor Pen Blood Raping people.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I voted DK bring back blood DPS so I can actually stand to play my DK again. I miss good Ol Armor Pen Blood Raping people.
    If you get blood DPS back, I want Bear DPS back... i.e.- feral. They need to just reintegrate Guardian and Feral and eliminate this goofy theorycrafting about 4th specs for all classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    If you get blood DPS back, I want Bear DPS back... i.e.- feral. They need to just reintegrate Guardian and Feral and eliminate this goofy theorycrafting about 4th specs for all classes.
    Bear was never a viable dps option.