Thread: Imp CS back!

Imp CS back!

Form Blue Tracker:

We use PTR as a time of iteration to try out a lot of changes and see which ones work out or not. We think the time has come to revert some of the PvP nerfs that we made for noble reasons, but which aren't working out. Specifically, we wanted to remove blanket silences and shift the game back more towards casting and interrupts. We think the continual arms race between instant spells, silences and silence immunity isn't good for the long term health of PvP. It is a shift we still plan to make, but we don't think patch 5.2 is the right time to make it. There are a great deal of instant spells and we don't think it is fair or reasonable to remove them all and force so many players (many of whom might not even participate in PvP) to re-learn their class mid-expansion.

Warlock
    - We are reverting the removal of Spell Lock.

Mage
    - We are reverting the removal of Improved Counterspell.

Deleted
    Mage back to op yay.

Thankfully... it was next to impossible to kill a healer on the PTR (especially those who knew wtf they were doing).

The link for those who want the sauce.

That being said

I also want to reiterate that we see very little PvP participation during the PTR. This isn't really too surprising since it takes a sizable time commitment and a critical mass of skilled players to really generate good Arena or BG testing.
    Do they know BGs (both pugs and rBGs) don't work on PTR? Its silly to say "no one is doing pvp on PTR" when its not even possible to do pvp on PTR. I know arenas work, but its really BGs that we want.

Maybe someone with an inside loop to Blizz can let them know BGs don't work and that is why they aren't getting any PvP data.

On a separate note, if they are reverting the blanket silence changes, how do they plan to combat the very real situation where you just cannot get a cast off in pvp? The solution to that issue is going to deeply effect the mage class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    Do they know BGs (both pugs and rBGs) don't work on PTR? Its silly to say "no one is doing pvp on PTR" when its not even possible to do pvp on PTR.
    LOL
    Blizz derping

Thankfully... it was next to impossible to kill a healer on the PTR (especially those who knew wtf they were doing).

That being said

Do they know BGs (both pugs and rBGs) don't work on PTR? Its silly to say "no one is doing pvp on PTR" when its not even possible to do pvp on PTR. I know arenas work, but its really BGs that we want.

Maybe someone with an inside loop to Blizz can let them know BGs don't work and that is why they aren't getting any PvP data.

On a separate note, if they are reverting the blanket silence changes, how do they plan to combat the very real situation where you just cannot get a cast off in pvp? The solution to that issue is going to deeply effect the mage class.
    This will probably be the case for the entirety of this expansion.

this made my day, and im not laughing at blizz

That being said

pvp also include dueling, they did mention "very little"

@ op its nice to see some blanket silence coming back (doesnt really matter in pve since most bosses are immune to blanket silence :P)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Except for rogues it's pretty even across the board as far as representation goes in RBGs. If you want your class to be balanced you're going to have to suck it up and do some arenas and provide some actual useful feedback. If however you want to bitch about being OP/UP continue bitching that you can't do RBGs on the PTR.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...90038641192960

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "also want to reiterate that we see very little PvP participation during the PTR" erm WHAT?you know that we cant PvP on PTR atm"

I can't remember how many major patches I've been through. A dozen? This is an eternal issue not a 5.2 issue.
    It's still very silly that PvP is not available on 5.2 PTR but apparently he's very aware that it is broken and he was talking in general terms rather than of the current PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...90038641192960

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "also want to reiterate that we see very little PvP participation during the PTR" erm WHAT?you know that we cant PvP on PTR atm"

I can't remember how many major patches I've been through. A dozen? This is an eternal issue not a 5.2 issue.
    It's still very silly that PvP is not available on 5.2 PTR but apparently he's very aware that it is broken and he was talking in general terms rather than of the current PTR.
    I agree. i see this more as an about face than a legitimate point.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Except for rogues it's pretty even across the board as far as representation goes in RBGs. If you want your class to be balanced you're going to have to suck it up and do some arenas and provide some actual useful feedback. If however you want to bitch about being OP/UP continue bitching that you can't do RBGs on the PTR.
    dafa..?

What are you going on about? Some randoms be in our forums, randoming up our threads. I mention that there are no BGs on the PTR and all of a sudden I'm labeled as going around "bitching about mage underepresentation in rBGs"? wtf are you smoking? And where pray do tell was I 'bitching about being UP/OP'?? Are you reading the same thread we are???

This isn't about rBG representation or comparative statistics between classes. Its about rBG testing, and no, I really don't give two sh!ts what 'class' representation is in rBGs. Thats not even wtf we are talking about in this here thread. SO no thanks, I don't think I need to 'suck anything up' /rollseyes
    ~Completely weird~

Though now that you mention it, SPEC representation for the 3 mage specs is completely out of whack in pretty much every single facet of PvP. This is the mage forums you see, hence we discuss mage specs.

Currently in rBGs, if you're a mage, you spec frost or you go home. I really don't give a fuck if you think that's fine or not. And/or if you think that such observations are relevant or not.

And for the record, I have done a TON of arena testing on the PTR AND already provided my feedback, some of which, I'm almost positive, was used when considering to revert the imp cs change.

How my comment about BGs not working got twisted into me b!tching about mage representation in your mind is going to be a mystery for me to comprehend for a while now though.

Deleted
    Good. It was a bad decision to remove it while leaving hundrets of instants (primarily heals) still in game.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Good. It was a bad decision to remove it while leaving hundrets of instants (primarily heals) still in game.
    And let hunters and spriest keep theirs.

Good reverted change I say.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    enjoying the harem in Den of Mortal Delights
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Mage back to op yay.
    this.
    blizzard loves you like their own childs...

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDarkslayerx View Post
    this.
    blizzard loves you like their own childs...
    This isn't about mages. If you read the notes warlocks keep their blanket silence too.

This is about blanket silences in general and their effect on PvP.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    A radical suggestion, but perhaps giving DPS casters interrupt immunity for their damage spells with a cast or channel time. The only spells that would be interruptable in such a situation are crowd control, and of course heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    A radical suggestion, but perhaps giving DPS casters interrupt immunity for their damage spells with a cast or channel time. The only spells that would be interruptable in such a situation are crowd control, and of course heals.
    That is radical, and would likely lead to some serious imbalance. An Arcane mage could pop everything and melt your butthole off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    That is radical, and would likely lead to some serious imbalance. An Arcane mage could pop everything and melt your butthole off.
    We might actually see some people playing Arcane in PvP then.

But Zomg has a point. PvP is in a ridiculously stupid state given the proliferation of interrupts, overabundant crowd control, and ridiculously strong instant cast heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.