Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right because every gay man is super gay and every straight woman is super girly and every straight man is super macho.
    I'm straight and I'm pretty fabulous. Most of my gay friends are more fabulous than me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    im going to have to disagree with you.the law says that i can marry my 2nd cousin,but that does not make it right.people still think marrying your 2nd cousin is wrong and looked down on.just because the law says its ok does not make it ok or morally right.so there's more to "gay marriage" then it being against religions.

i have the right to be happy you say,wrong again.lets say "for example" i want to marry my 1st cousin because we get along great and love each other.we take steps to make sure we do not have any kids.no tell me why we cant get married?simple answer its wrong and more so morally wrong.same can be said for gay marriage,religion is only one argument against it.
    and next we'll marry turtles and all that Jazz.
    New arguments please.
    Morals aren't dictated by religion- they're dictated by you not being a shitty human being.

ust because the law says its ok does not make it ok or morally right.
    Morals are incredibly subjective. We have laws to try and retain objectivism.

Quote Originally Posted by Infjustice View Post
    Morals aren't dictated by religion- they're dictated by you not being a shitty human being.
    That argument actually falls apart under scrutiny, disregarding the religion part (fill in any blank there). What if I think killing people is moral and right and good? Who are you to argue that I'm a shitty human being? What If I think non-killers are shitty human beings?

There needs to be a moral standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    and next we'll marry turtles and all that Jazz.
    New arguments please.
    lmfao-your not making any good points,but i did.thats why you come out and say marrying turtles,is that your best argument?you want gay marriage right?im against for other reason "like i stated" and that has nothing to do with religion. i will re post what i said so you can read it again.and this time you tell me why i cant marry the person i want to.not a fuckign turtle but another human being.

the law says that i can marry my 2nd cousin,but that does not make it right.people still think marrying your 2nd cousin is wrong and looked down on.just because the law says its ok does not make it ok or morally right.so there's more to "gay marriage" then it being against religions.

i have the right to be happy you say,wrong again.lets say "for example" i want to marry my 1st cousin because we get along great and love each other.we take steps to make sure we do not have any kids.no tell me why we cant get married?simple answer its wrong and more so morally wrong.same can be said for gay marriage,religion is only one argument against it.

im going to have to disagree with you.the law says that i can marry my 2nd cousin,but that does not make it right.people still think marrying your 2nd cousin is wrong and looked down on.just because the law says its ok does not make it ok or morally right.so there's more to "gay marriage" then it being against religions.

I have no idea what you're trying to say. The funniest thing about this mess of a post is that it's still legal to marry your first cousin in more states than it's legal for homosexuals to marry(including California, the state in the post you quoted).

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    That argument actually falls apart under scrutiny, disregarding the religion part (fill in any blank there). What if I think killing people is moral and right and good? Who are you to argue that I'm a shitty human being? What If I think non-killers are shitty human beings?

Your post makes no sense. Let's look to the Netherlands, a country where atheism is very popular to the point you have Christian Atheist priest. I don't see that country calling apart... Morals aren't dictated by religion, that argument doesn't fall apart at all.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:45 PM ----------

lmfao-your not making any good points,but i did.thats why you come out and say marrying turtles,is that your best argument?you want gay marriage right?im against for other reason "like i stated" and that has nothing to do with religion. i will re post what i said so you can read it again.and this time you tell me why i cant marry the person i want to.not a fuckign turtle but another human being.

the law says that i can marry my 2nd cousin,but that does not make it right.people still think marrying your 2nd cousin is wrong and looked down on.just because the law says its ok does not make it ok or morally right.so there's more to "gay marriage" then it being against religions.

You're against gay marriage why exactly? Please tell us your ridiculous reason for being against me wanting to marry someone.

Exactly, but there's not one. There's no flowchart for everyone to follow.
    But, one person's opinion doesn't make a moral good, which is where that argument falls through.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:46 PM ----------

That's pretty subjective. I thought your opinion was trash. But of course you'd think it was a valid argument. Slippery slope arguments are like that. Same argument against polygamy.
    Everyone has a right to be happy, as long as you're not hurting the rights of others.

Exactly, but there's not one. There's no flowchart for everyone to follow.
    But, one person's opinion doesn't make a moral good, which is where that argument falls through.
    Which is why Rights > Morals every time.

Your post makes no sense. Let's look to the Netherlands, a country where atheism is very popular to the point you have Christian Atheist priest. I don't see that country calling apart... Morals aren't dictated by religion, that argument doesn't fall apart at all.
    It does, yes. Not saying it cannot work, as long as everyone agrees. If a society cropped up where everyone agreed that sacrificing babies was good and right, their society wouldn't fall apart.

killing people infringes on their agreed upon "natural rights". 2 people getting married infringes on no one.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the saying goes, "Your rights end where mine begin".
    Wiping is Fun! ™

There is no such thing as absolute morality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I have no idea what you're trying to say. The funniest thing about this mess of a post is that it's still legal to marry your first cousin in more states than it's legal for homosexuals to marry(including California, the state in the post you quoted).
    your saying gays have the right to maru who they want and the right to be happy,correct?im saying i want the same rights and they should be applied to everyone,not just gays.dont you agree?or do you only think gays should be allowed to marry who they want to?

2nd of all no you can not marry your first cousin,you can only marry your 2nd cousin.but dont people have the right to be happy?that whay gays say when they say they have the right to be happy.so tell me why is it still looked down on if you marry your 2ed cousin?if i want to marry my first cousin why cant i,if we dotn have any kids?its MORALLY wrong and should not be allowed,same as gay marriage.

26 states, more than half, allow first cousins to marry.

7 states have gay marriage.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:50 PM ----------

your saying gays have the right to maru who they want and the right to be happy,correct?im saying i want the same rights and they should be applied to everyone,not just gays.dont you agree?or do you only think gays should be allowed to marry who they want to?

2nd of all no you can not marry your first cousin,you can only marry your 2nd cousin.but dont people have the right to be happy?that whay gays say when they say they have the right to be happy.so tell me why is it still looked down on if you marry your 2ed cousin?if i want to marry my first cousin why cant i,if we dotn have any kids?its MORALLY wrong and should not be allowed,same as gay marriage.
    IN TWENTY SIX STATES YOU CAN MARRY YOUR FIRST COUSIN.

So basically your argument against gay marriage is "If I can't marry my first cousin, they shouldn't be allowed to marry who they love either."

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:45 PM ----------

You're against gay marriage why exactly? Please tell us your ridiculous reason for being against me wanting to marry someone.
    read my post and stop trying to avoid my comment.i already gave you an example of why im against gay marriage.its the same reason why im againt 1st cousins being allowed to marry "and they cant'".

do you think its ok for me to marry and have kids with my 2ed cousin?or is that morally wrong in your mind?answer that for me atleast,ok?

2nd of all no you can not marry your first cousin,you can only marry your 2nd cousin.
    You and your first cousin will be happy to know that you can indeed get married today in 26 states of the United States.

I hope the ceremony is nice.

read my post and stop trying to avoid my comment.i already gave you an example of why im against gay marriage.its the same reason why im againt 1st cousins being allowed to marry "and they cant'".

do you think its ok for me to marry and have kids with my 2ed cousin?or is that morally wrong in your mind?answer that for me atleast,ok?
    Wait are you trying to get it's morally wrong for me to marry a man I love.

Let's get this straight now. If you fuck your first cousin, I don't give a shit, because it's your private business. If you're not out there hurting people I don't care if you fuck your first cousin. Fuck your long lost mother for all I damn well care. I simply do not care what other people choose to do if it bothers them.

I read a story about a man who found his mother after years and they fell in love and they're a couple. I think it's pretty messed up, but I simply do not think it's my place, or any one elses place, to say. "Stop that because my morals say you shouldn't do that."

And first cousins ARE ALLOWED TO MARRY IN 26 STATES. Repeating that they can't over and over makes it no more true than it was 5 minutes ago.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-12-08 at 10:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

and why is homosexual love morally "wrong"?

Oh and by the way; you can marry your first cousin in California (and most of the US besides)
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    26 states, more than half, allow first cousins to marry.

7 states have gay marriage.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:50 PM ----------

IN TWENTY SIX STATES YOU CAN MARRY YOUR FIRST COUSIN.

So basically your argument against gay marriage is "If I can't marry my first cousin, they shouldn't be allowed to marry who they love either."
    so again do you think it ok for cousins to marry and have kids?why in only 25 states can first cousins get married?everyone should be allowed to right,no matter what state they live in.or do you think only gays have that right?

if i live in a state that does not allow me to marry my cousin,thats against my constitutional rights,correct?just like gay marriage.