Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Optional content is optional. If you don't want to do dailies, don't do them.
    Well fuck u bro, u need to do dailys to get valor gear and the bonus loot tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    The good news is most of those don't require grinding if it's just a profession alt.

Tailor: Golden Lotus (Spellthread) - Honored
    Leatherworking: Golen Lotus (Armor Patch) - Honored
    Enchanting: Shado-Pan (Weapon Enchants) - Revered; August Celestials (Bracer Enchants) - Revered
    Blacksmithing: The Klaxxi (Belt Buckle) - Honored
    Alchemy, Inscription, Engineering and Jewelcrafting are all discoveries.

Based on your situation you'll need to grind Shado-Pan (Revered) and August Celstials (Revered) on your Mage and Golden Lotus (Honored) on your Hunter. By the time you hit 90 you should be Honored with The Klaxxi so no grinding on the Warrior.

Don't forget the bulk of the blacksmithing patterns are at Klaxxi revered, the JC mount requires Order exalted, the tailoring bag requires AC exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the 100% rep buff its a joke. You get so much rep while doing levelling there is only few days of dailies left. My mage was almost exalted with klaxxi at 89. Its also into revered with shadowpan at 87.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    Well fuck u bro, u need to do dailys to get valor gear and the bonus loot tokens.
    So you don't get vp from 5mans, lfr, scenarios and challenge modes? Also the bonus rolls are a reward for putting in the time to do the dallies. You are never ever at any point forced to do dailies. Sorry blizz rewards people for putting in a little extra effort?
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2012-12-08 at 03:45 AM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by errosync View Post
    You're considering quitting over something that has existed since day one, but is in a much better iteration than day one or even expansion one? I honestly have no words for this.
    People can get tired of it, even if it's been there since day one, more so if it's been there for a long time in fact.

Eventually you get bored of the same old, the improvements and little twists they throw in can't keep it entertaining for everyone for ever. And this goes for everything, not just dailies and not just WoW.
    The tedium catches up with you eventually and it starts to get too boring. Or maybe you never liked dailies and now they're taking too big a part of the content. Or maybe the other content is losing it's appeal as well and across the board you are just plain getting bored after a long time playing, and the situation with the dailies isn't helping them. 'You' of course can be any individual, I'm not pointing at anyone in particular.

And some people like the game because they play it a certain way, throwing alternatives at them on how they could do it and make it work is nice, but that doesn't necessarily make it more enjoyable for them.

I'm currently trying to get Exalted with every faction (at least Klaxxi, Shado Pan, Golden Lotus and Shieldwall) so the fact that my previous main has been through most of this already would seem to be a distressing detail. Strangely enough, it's not. I enjoy them. Without dailies I'd be playing other games all day and only coming on to raid and log out.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-08 at 05:51 AM. Reason: grammarz
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    This is pretty much why I quit wow for now. I really can't be arsed to do dailies. Untill they release the tabard system or something else to get rep I am pretty sure I wont come back.

I've not "done dailies" since the Island. Not sure I've really felt the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post

You seriously don't need to do dailies. I don't understand why everyone thinks they do.

I grinded dailies hardcore for the first 10 days of the expansion and got sick of them. Then I decided to actually be smart and take them a step at a time. I choose to only do a faction or two a day, if any at all. And looking at my main, I hardly got ANY upgrades from the factions themselves. Seriously, I got an epic ring and epic shoulders that didn't even come close to requiring Exalted with anything. You do not need them for gear.

Dailies are not mandatory. Right now I am comfortably doing the enjoyable new Krasarang dailies everyday, and I am still able to keep up with my 90 tokens to get my 3 bonus rolls for week. There are far too many things in the game that grant valor points for gear upgrading and such. Scenarios, dungeons, dailies, raids, LFR, and even pet battle dailies. Nothing in particular is mandatory. I am enjoying it. Quit thinking that dailies are the only option, because they aren't. And don't think that you have to do every single faction's dailies, everyday. Because you don't.

5 Valor per daily and you're all calling that the only way to get Valor points? How about you do a random scenario. It gives 8 dailies-worth of valor. Or one section of the LFR, which is worth 18 dailies-worth of Valor points. People need to get over their "I have to do 100 dailies a day" mentality and learn to get valor from other sources.

The dailies aren't what is making people quit the game out of frustration. It's the player's inability to pace yourselves and do different forms of valor-granting content that is making you quit and get mad. It's your fault.
    Last edited by Penguintamer; 2012-12-08 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc0d85328399; 2014-07-12 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctues View Post
    snip
    And you probably won't be posting here again.

Deleted
    Nope /10chars?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    And you probably won't be posting here again.
    It was something refreshing, though, something I wasn't really anticipating ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc0d85328399; 2014-07-12 at 03:13 AM.

People should stop mentioning belt buckles. As has been pointed out several times, you do not have to regrind rep on your alt to get the belt buckle or the epic blacksmith recipes. You can get way into revered just from normal questing once you get the alt rep buff.

Deleted
    Yeeeeah-no you do not need to do it. First off, You could do HC's that get you some good gear, and all blue items from rep vendors can you buy without being anything.
    You can buy gear from the AH, or have people make it for you, blacksmiths / leather workers or tailors.
    From senarios, there is a chance for good blues, And epic's. So no, i also fouth about haveing to do daliy agian, and i decied, i will rather have to farm a milion dungeons, queing only as dps, then having to grind rep agian

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    you don't have to do dailys ... /troll out
    Funny I came to this frightening realisation as well.
    Great minds think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    The new +rep items actually help a LOT. Maybe not as much for something like Golden Lotus / Celestials, but for Klaxxi / Shadow-Pan, the change is noticable. I just ran my paladin alt through Dreadwastes / towlong over the last couple of days, and hit revered with both Klaxxi and Shadow-pan without even needing to do a single daily.
    Getting Shado-Pan revered without dailies needs extra rep buffs though. Non-humans can't do it. Or maybe if they use the 10% event buffs all the time. My alt got to about 8000/12k honored.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc0d85328399; 2014-07-12 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    In Cata, the best Engie scopes in the game required MF rep. In MoP, they're off the trainer.

Even today months into MoP, the largest gem/inscription/mining bags in the game are only available to characters who have grinded out MF rep.
    I stand corrected, forgot about the scope completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Dailies are not mandatory. Their are optional content for people that enjoy open world mmo-rpg gameplay.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"