Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunting for food: Good. I'd like to try it some day myself. Nothing wrong with that.

Hunting for sport: Bad. Waste of meat, killing animals for no purpose.
    Putin khuliyo

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a pretty cost effective way to feed a family. A deer tag or a hog tag in my state isn't very expensive at all so for the cost of some commercially produced, hormone filled meat from the grocery store and some time spent in nature a person can put a lot of meat on their table. Most hunters I know eat what they kill and/or have it processed for a fee to make it into steaks/jerky/etc.

There is also the issue with over population of a given species leading to disease or degradation of plant life in a given area. This can be caused by foreign species being introduced (like feral hogs) or lack of natural predators. I don't think hunting is a bad thing if its controlled which is exactly why states have a DFG.

I wont hunt mainly because if I'm successful I have no where to put that much meat...but I'll gladly flip a few bills over to friends to pay for their tag in exchange for some venison steaks or jerky.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-12-09 at 01:26 AM.