Thread: dots refreshing

Deleted

dots refreshing

hey my dps as shadow is kinda low and i was wondering how you guy's are refreshing your dots ?

before expire
    after expire
    something els ?

do we still get a "proc buff" at the beginning of a fight, from a trinket, for the remaining of the encounter if you keep refreshing it before it expires like we use to or is that gone completly ?

Refresh dots just as they're about to fall off.

No, every time you refresh it takes a "snapshot" of your current buffs. The duration of the dot will all have that benefit, next time you cast it'll get a new set based on what you have at the time.

Recommendation, record some logs. Go to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-My-DPS-Thread
    Follow the posting guide and make a post for yourself, then someone will look at it and give you some advice.

Deleted
    Relay dots when they have between 0-2s left on their duration. Do not re-apply for int procs unless you have several lined up together (most likely 20s into the pull), but do re-apply when Bloodlust/Twist of fate become active. Similarly when they are about to drop off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    Relay dots when they have between 0-2s left on their duration. Do not re-apply for int procs unless you have several lined up together (most likely 20s into the pull), but do re-apply when Bloodlust/Twist of fate become active. Similarly when they are about to drop off as well.
    With int procs I think reapplying sw may be worth it if its duration is less than half left (more so if you are spec'ed into DI). Granted I don't do this as much as I should, I do feel it'd be worth it in some situations.

You should be refreshing your dots right before they expire. The reasoning is that when you dot a target with half a second left of its duration, that half a second is added onto the duration of the new dot. aka, you arent clipping it unless you re-apply the dot before the second to last dot tick goes off. The same holds true for mind flay. If you know you are going to cast another mind flay after the current cast is going to finish, refresh it after the second tick goes off and before the final tick goes off.