Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Just throwing this out there because I don't see it mentioned above in the "Everyone takes a pillar" strategy (the most viable strategy, obviously) If your tank has any DoT (Thrash, Diseases, Bleeds, whatever) they should stand at Elegon and unleash these so they cover every Spark when it comes out. Because tank DoTs are so overpowered this expansion it can make things a lot smoother if you have weaker DPS in your ranks. (BP/FV from a Blood DK hitting Pestilence or talented Blood Boil at the start of each wave is phenomenal.)
    This advice is great, but I will say that Roiling Blood (or maybe just pestilence in general, but I haven't tried it on it's own) is incredibly unreliable on spreading diseases from Elegon to the Charges. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, I'd say far more often it doesn't. Unless someone has some super-secret optimal position or something for getting them to spread, because I haven't found one.

My raid's frost dk is able to spread his diseases for every single spark during phase 2. He ends up with around 10 mil dmg on the sparks by the end of the fight while the rest of us are around 5 mil dmg on sparks. So I guess it can be done - just have no idea how (I play a moonkin).

If you have a war tank, the transition can be easily handled. The warrior uses his Mocking Banner to get ALL the adds while the other tank goes to Elegon as soon as the platform appears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    If you have a war tank, the transition can be easily handled. The warrior uses his Mocking Banner to get ALL the adds while the other tank goes to Elegon as soon as the platform appears.
    This is what we do also, After Warri taunts everyone has to be inside and go nuclear, if the adds reach the tank it will be way to much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    No it's not, we just kill them one by one on each side, from back to front (front being console).
    grats on doing the fight with a suboptimal strategy for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Just throwing this out there because I don't see it mentioned above in the "Everyone takes a pillar" strategy (the most viable strategy, obviously) If your tank has any DoT (Thrash, Diseases, Bleeds, whatever) they should stand at Elegon and unleash these so they cover every Spark when it comes out. Because tank DoTs are so overpowered this expansion it can make things a lot smoother if you have weaker DPS in your ranks. (BP/FV from a Blood DK hitting Pestilence or talented Blood Boil at the start of each wave is phenomenal.)
    Shadow priest's Cascade or a warlock's Soul Burn SoC helps too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    This advice is great, but I will say that Roiling Blood (or maybe just pestilence in general, but I haven't tried it on it's own) is incredibly unreliable on spreading diseases from Elegon to the Charges. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, I'd say far more often it doesn't. Unless someone has some super-secret optimal position or something for getting them to spread, because I haven't found one.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=43548/glyph-of-pestilence

Deleted
    As mentioned killing the pillars around the same time will reduce the number of adds you get.

In addition, to get the adds down quickly what we do is we meet up in the centre at the console. As soon as the platform appears, we stun/trap/etc the adds in place (which are all grouped together since we all met up at the same place) and hop onto the platform and get the damage buff then AoE them down. This makes both your tanks free, so one can pick up the boss asap, and the other is free to pick up the protector spawn which happens pretty quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way my guild does it is.

split the dps so there is 3 on each side. Put the lowest dps on each side on the first pillar(closest to the console) and have the other two start at the one in the back(farthest away from the console) this way the back pillars go down first, but since they are still linked to the front. They will not recede into the ground and give Elegon the buff.

Then the 2 dps on each side switch to the middle and burn it down. It will usually go down roughly the same time as the front pillar. They all go down together this way and you get as little time as possible with Elegon having multiple buffs.

Haven't wiped on him since we started doing it this way.

Derp, thanks. My DK is my alt and I play him pretty sparingly so I haven't really considered glyphs as much as I should.