Friends with prescription drug problems.

What do you guys see from friends that have problems with prescription drugs, and did you ever have a talk with that person about it and how did it go?

I know a few people that are addicted. Seems like they just get downright lazy and getting the fix is the only thought on their mind. They begin to isolate themselves and are only worried about themselves. I would say its the worst drug pandemic atm. (From my point of view.)

I know one guy who will spend $2000 dollars a month on pills a month. Yes, a month. He would snort his way through 120 pills a week. Its freaking crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    My good friend came clean recently about his addiction to pills. I could see the changes, but I honestly have enough problems of my own to pry into that stuff. He said that he had been throwing up blood because they had damaged his stomach so much. Said his doctor said that if he kept it up he would die.

Sadly, took a trip with him this weekend and it seems that he is back on them. I could really tell. I wanted to talk with him about it but his daughter was around. He is a responsible guy and very smart. I am guessing he has a very big problem since he has had no problems stopping drinking and weed in the past. I am worried.

He says that he goes so far as to avoid eating just so the pills have a greater effect. No idea how much money he spends, but I am sure it is upwards of $1000 a month. Very disturbing. I lost a little respect for him, and he is one of the people that I have always thought very highly of.
    I like sandwiches

That seems like how it is with people I know, I want to talk to them since we were good friends in the past, but his drug problem has made him distance himself from everyone and turn into one of them scumbags. It's a terrible thing.

Deleted
    What exactly are they addicted to? Benzos?

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    My good friend came clean recently about his addiction to pills. I could see the changes, but I honestly have enough problems of my own to pry into that stuff. He said that he had been throwing up blood because they had damaged his stomach so much. Said his doctor said that if he kept it up he would die.

Sadly, took a trip with him this weekend and it seems that he is back on them. I could really tell. I wanted to talk with him about it but his daughter was around. He is a responsible guy and very smart. I am guessing he has a very big problem since he has had no problems stopping drinking and weed in the past. I am worried.

He says that he goes so far as to avoid eating just so the pills have a greater effect. No idea how much money he spends, but I am sure it is upwards of $1000 a month. Very disturbing. I lost a little respect for him, and he is one of the people that I have always thought very highly of.
    Your post is extremely ironic considering your signature.
    Last edited by mmocd37a9a7d20; 2012-12-10 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    What exactly are they addicted to? Benzos?
    Right now its mostly Oxy's or opanas that I see.