Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Genocidal" is pretty close rephrase of his monologue that he gives in "Matters of Loyalty" quest. Check it out.
    Drek'Thar says: They ravage the land and destroy everything that they touch. How many lives have been lost to their vile poisons?
    Drek'Thar says: How many innocents have fallen before the Forsaken war machine?

I think what the alliance white knights are failing to realize on their "the horde is EBUL!" quest, is that most of the atrocities that the horde commited and you use to justify jaina's actions were ordered by garrosh, a very very bad orc. the horde has no choice but to obey, because garrosh punishes insubordination with death. even his fellow faction leaders are subject to this (see vol'jin). as a player I'm kind of tired of being threatened to death at every single thing I do. but we all know that the horde is getting increasingly dissatisfied by garrosh's leadership, and that will end up in a revolution to take him down.

jaina's actions right now are mirroring toned down versions of garrosh and arthas. they both had ways to justify their actions, but that didn't stop them from ending up as raid bosses for us to get phat lewts. and let's be honest, garrosh wasn't so bad at the start of cataclysm, and arthas wasn't so bad during the human campaign in WC3, so jaina still has a lot to snowball before her eventual redemption or death. sincerely, I'm hoping for the later.

(I have nothing against the alliance, since I play both sides. what I do hate is when the white knights start trying to brainwash people into thinking the alliance is the ultimate force of good and they are victims to the evil horde of skull rapists)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Broxigar saved all of you alliance filth, get on Orc level and damage a titan.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    "Genocidal" is pretty close rephrase of his monologue that he gives in "Matters of Loyalty" quest. Check it out.
    no, it's not. if it were, than every faction is genocidal. how many innocent wardens of her own people did tyrande's forces kill in order to reak her friendzoned guy out of jail? how many people died because of that when said friendzoned went crazy? how many innocent gnomes did mekkatorque kill and curse with his failed gamble to defeat the troggs, women and children included? how many innocent tauren civilians did the humans from theramore kill during the raid in taurajo, how many innocent men did the gilnean government feed to the scourge and the worgen by building a wall behind crowley's lands?

the forsaken fight with poisons. is that really that different from fighting with swords? I'm not saying they are right for goign to war, there's never a right side on war. but what would it be the difference between plaguing southshore and raiding southshore with swords, bows, staves and daggers? that is, besides the obvious drawbacks to the forsaken themselves, since the land is now useless and the dead turned into ooze and can't be used to raise new forsaken. there were enemies living on their lands, and they had to go, one way or another. they had 5 years to leave, they didn't leave. the forsaken went all out on them.

drek'thar abandoned their allies who helped them defending their little relief hut for so many years. hopefully, the dwarves will kick his ass
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    It wasn't the intention of the Alliance to expell the Sunreavers from Dalaran, it was Jaina's.

While Varian is trying to be a reasonable and good king willing to handle things differently than usual, Jaina has to be this emob*tch and ruin Varian's plan to get the Belfs into the Alliance just because she can't get over her city being destroyed..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Please point out where the Alliance used a biological agent on a joint military effort, blitzkrieged into Horde land murdering
    stoped reading here. blitzkrieged? go educate yourself!

as you are referring to WW2 what about the concentration camps the oh so glory alliance had? (caverns of time)

there is no good guy here

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So what you are saying is that the hordes only intention for entering Darnassus was to steal some Charmen toilet paper because they were out in Orgrimmar? So you can personally attribute their sneaking horde into Darnassus as something that would never lead to casualties of war?
    This is a fundamental question, who is in the end responsible, the one who delivers the weapon or the one that uses it. If you think someone getting someone a weapon and that guy kills someone with it is equally guilty, you are right if you don't believe then the fools only jeopardized their neutrality.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Alliance arent the good guys, their just as sick and evil as the horde.
    They have their moments, but can't really compete with the shit horde dishes out from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moco View Post
    as you are referring to WW2 what about the concentration camps the oh so glory alliance had? (caverns of time)

"Concentration camp" is place where you put innocent for no good reason. What happened after Second War were "Light Security Prisons for War Criminals". As opposed to "outright execution", I might add.

Yeah. People who repayed you with imprisonment because you fucking murdered thousands of them are obviously "bad guys".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    "Concentration camp" is place where you put innocent for no good reason. What happened after Second War were "Light Security Prisons for War Criminals". As opposed to "outright execution", I might add.
    thrall was taken as baby and put in one.

edit: after his parents were assassinated btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive seen the quest line and yes it was abit OTT but it got me thinking,is dalaran the allainces now? What happens when future horde players use dalaran for dailies and such do they get murked? Seems like blizz is shitting on their own doorstep with this one but also an added note of brutality,do the Stonetalon Mountains quest as horde.

SPOILERS

Not only do you annihilate a night elf outpost with a huge mana bomb,but garrosh also kills the general who ordered you to do it THEN grabs you by the neck and tries to throw you off a cliff,because apparently killing the tauren is not the horde way (/winks at garrosh and points to a picture of Cairne :P)

P.s I know it wasnt garrosh and the blade was poisoned by Magatha but still lolz

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    This would imply that only .1% of the Horde are Orcs, murderously insane forsaken, genocidal blood elves like Thalen Songweaver and those handful of trolls whom you are sure didn't give up cannibalism despite the moratorium on it.
    Your lack of WOW lore is disturbing. The Forsaken view the Horde as an alliance of convenience. They have no loyalty to Garrosh at all.
    Most orcs don't what Garrosh has become. The Trolls are loyal to Vol'jin. They are the ones who helped Thrall and the Orcs survive the harsh conditions in Durotar. They have no love for Garrosh.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

stoped reading here. blitzkrieged? go educate yourself!

Those were internment camps, not concentration camps. They did that because they decided against killing all the Orcs.

thrall was taken as baby and put in one.
    Thrall was found by Blackmoore, who happened to be commander of those camps and taken for Blackmoore's own plan of controlling captured orcs. Yes, it is hardly deniable that Blackmoore is selfish and cruel bastard. To everyone, not just orcs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Those were internment camps, not concentration camps. They did that because they decided against killing all the Orcs.
    why kill someone who can be your slave? let him do your shit and give him not enough to eat so he cant fight back.

yeah that was really nice.

wikipedia:
    "The Random House Dictionary defines the term "concentration camp" as: "a guarded compound for the detention or imprisonment of aliens, members of ethnic minorities, political opponents, etc.", and, the American Heritage Dictionary defines it as: "A camp where civilians, enemy aliens, political prisoners, and sometimes prisoners of war are detained and confined, typically under harsh conditions." "

I can't believe how upset some people are getting about wow lore.

I'll just leave this here http://i.imgur.com/a6MdB.png...
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    The Forsaken view the Horde as an alliance of convenience. They have no loyalty to Garrosh at all.
    Most orcs don't what Garrosh has become. The Trolls are loyal to Vol'jin. They are the ones who helped Thrall and the Orcs survive the harsh conditions in Durotar. They have no love for Garrosh.
    Minor correction the majority of the orcs stands firmly behind Garrosh, mostly older orcs disagree with him.

why kill someone who can be your slave? let him do your shit and give him not enough to eat so he cant fight back.
    yeah that was really nice.
    So, please state your opinion directly: would it be nicer to kill all orcs?

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people getting mad over video game lore. This is the most entertaining thread I've read in a very long time.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    Broxigar saved all of you alliance filth, get on Orc level and damage a titan.
    To be fair, Malfurion made the weapon. But of course, a weapon is useless without someone swinging it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina has gone down to Garrosh's level.

The same kind of people who thought Garrosh was a great warchief who represented the best for the horde, your just as clueless as now not seeing the path Jaina's on, its the same deal.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Jaina has gone down to Garrosh's level.

The same kind of people who thought Garrosh was a great warchief who represented the best for the horde, your just as clueless as now not seeing the path Jaina's on, its the same deal.
    Except Jaina has a reason. Garrosh is just a whiny lil girl who can't stand being in daddy's shadow.