Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Meh - I'd rather just see the ability to knock players off their flying mounts. Then gankers can't run away like cowards.

Deleted
    Looks like people lack the ability to read and then comprehend what they are reading and are misinterpreting what was said in the OP.

Also, I see the worth in what he wants to achieve, but all it does is make it suddenly acceptable to gank lowbies. People will blame "Gank lowbie January" not CRZ for being ganked.
    It should be "Level your alt January" then any ganking that goes on is clearly the fault of CRZ allowing such douchebaggery to happen.
    Don't do the thing you dislike to bring attention to it.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ganking/corpse-camping lowbies is for pathetic losers who aren't up for a real challenge. I won't be joining. Because I am not lame...

Hah what a fool! N. STV is a 25+ zone, who goes there at 23?

I lol'd

I then lol'd again remember me and 3 mates are leveling horde alts and we probably won't touch them much till Janaury,

Then I remembered we were on Stormscale EU, I shit bricks.

Nah just kidding, but I like this thread idea, yes people are saying people do this all the time, but actually organizing it on two huge forums, will increase the amount of people doing it above normal levels,

Should be good shits and giggles when leveling! hiding behind a level 90 defending you
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Something is very wrong when people are playing on a PvP realm and acting as if people should be punished for dishonorable combat. Then again, since it's allowed the only thing left is making baseless assumptions about the ganker. He flew from Orgrimmar to Tanaris and killed me! He must be living in a cold basement.

You guys wouldn't last a minute in EVE Online
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I really don't think an event like this helps because its not high lighting the problem to Blizzard at all. Blizzard has been fully aware of the problem for 8 years. Yes CRZ makes it easier for bored max level players to find 'lowbies' but this isn't something completely new. I guess most new players rolling on PvP servers these days almost expect to lvl to 90 without seeing another member of the opposing faction. Way back when i leveled my character on a PvP server, the only times i ever saw or was killed by the other faction, was - wait for it, by max level players who one shot me.

I also don't think his supplied solutions really address the issue. That'll just make the world feel dead again, which although some people would love that, its really not great for the game. Since then you are just playing a single player game and sometimes group with others, only in an instanced setting.

Best all round solution is simply to make low lvls untargetable if there is a gap of say 10 levels.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Deleted
    No thanks, I prefer doing usefull things. But if I see you ganking lowbies I will happily kill you and move on

Quote Originally Posted by FraQture View Post
    Don't play on a PvP realm if you are gonna cry about getting ganked.....
    Pfft my friends are on a pvp realm.

But since all my characters there are above heirloom level I'm thinking of loading all my heirlooms on a character and transfering it to a pve server. Then I will just level my new characters there and transfer them when I hit level 85 (without their heirlooms).

But it seems that the lowbie ganking from MoP release times has disappeared mostly on the EU RP-PVP server, so it might not even be needed.
    Last edited by mmocd842740b60; 2012-12-12 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    "World PvP" and "Mindlessly-killing-players-who-have-no-interest-in-fighting-you-because-the-67-levels-of-difference-would-become-an-issue"...

Not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    "World PvP" and "Mindlessly-killing-players-who-have-no-interest-in-fighting-you-because-the-67-levels-of-difference-would-become-an-issue"...

Not the same thing.
    World PvP should be he response to the latter. The only real issue (IMHO) is that a ganker can just hop on a flying mount and be safe. If that changed, then at least you would have the opportunity to get on your main (or get friends), and kill the ganker repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Ganking/corpse-camping lowbies is for pathetic losers who aren't up for a real challenge. I won't be joining. Because I am not lame...
    Couldn't be more truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Depends on your perspective. To me: "World PvP" = "Killing players of the opposing faction, in the world".
    By that logic playing with ball on basketball court with 5 year old kids is considered basketball, I don't think so. Opposing player can't do nothing to you while in pvp there is a challenge.

People still level up on PVP realms? I thought they just leveled up on PVE realms and then transferred to PVP realms so they could get their jollies off killing lowbies in January?
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-12-12 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Munjica View Post
    By that logic playing with ball on basketball court with 5 year old kids is considered basketball, I don't think so. Opposing player can't do nothing to you while in pvp there is a challenge.
    Thank you.

The guy wants to do it to show Blizz how big of an issue dishonorable kills are on PvP realms.. I'd actually be happy if it happened and blizz would see that 90% of lowbies are constantly getting corpse ganked - all thanks to "awesome new tech" and completely no disadvantages of doing it.
    If it could be changed to "gank GC January" where all realm would just hund GC every time he leaves main city...

I really liked Lineage 2 system - where you could PvP with anyone. But if you did "dishonorable kill" by killing someone that didn't fight back - you'd get flagged as Player Killer and were chased by all city guards untill you redeemed your PK-points (either by dying enough times or doing a pretty long grind). Also as a PK you could get be killed by anyone without repercussions for them and had an increased chance to drop some of your gear on the ground - practically loosing it to a player that killed you.

Integrating similar system into WoW would leave world PvP for those that want to world PvP (which do happen do be fun), and leave those that don't necessary want to fight at this moment.
    Last edited by DemoBytom; 2012-12-12 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Munjica View Post
    It is considered basketball when the guys who actually know how to play basketball laugh you off the court. Real PVPers spend their time competing against people who could potentially offer a challenge.

I have two weeks off during January. God have mercy on the lowbies of Zul'Drak and Red Ridge Mountains.

looks like january is going to be fun times for my rogue alt, not for lowbie ganking, but for ganking the people doing it ;p

Deleted
    Didn't they invent dishonorable kills just to prevent lowbie ganking in vanilla ?
    And now it's back with a vengeance it seems.
    I think currently there a few zones that are on the list of best place to skill a gathering prof or best place to farm mats and these zones become unavaileable to go to as a lowbie because you'll spend more time corpserunning than actually killing stuff.

I didn't know i would be ganked to smithereens in 2012 back then and I don't think blizzard had this in mind when they wanted more world pvp and more danger while leveling.

Awesome! Promoting making playtime for others as sour and vile as possible by encouraging low-level ganking/camping!

The word community is a thing of the past! Lets be assholes to try to feel superior to everyone else instead!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so