Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] American Dad

American Dad is not being cancelled but it IS moving to TBS. This was announced on Tuesday but I hadn't heard about it until today. TBS ordered 15 new epsiodes.

Let the flaming of how it should have been cancelled begin! Personally I'm happy it will still be around.

Well, Alex is glad that it's not being cancelled. His favorite episode is "Dungeons and Wagons".

I didn't even realize it was close to being cancelled. Glad it wasn't, it's one of my favorite shows on right now. If anything it's Family Guy that has lost its luster over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, I prefer American Dad to Family Guy, the characters are better and the jokes are (relatively)more intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone View Post
    Well, Alex is glad that it's not being cancelled. His favorite episode is "Dungeons and Wagons".
    heh, just watched that episode, the bit about "make sure to check their wierdly deep orc butts" gets me EVERY time.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by gallahadd View Post
    "make sure to check their wierdly deep orc butts"
    lolllllll.

I love American Dad. I'm okay with TBS having it since TBS airs an hour every day of American Dad during the day.

Fox always drops shit thats good. They dont have a clue what they're doing over there.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

American Dad is the only Macfarlane show I can tolerate, Cleveland Show and Family Guy are crap. Good to see TBS picks the show up, wouldn't like to see it cancelled like Futurama..... and Clevelands Show (but who cares about that one?)

Hope to see more Simpsons after season 25, and South Park needs to pick up their slack

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    American Dad is the only Macfarlane show I can tolerate, Cleveland Show and Family Guy are crap. Good to see TBS picks the show up, wouldn't like to see it cancelled like Futurama..... and Clevelands Show (but who cares about that one?)

Hope to see more Simpsons after season 25, and South Park needs to pick up their slack
    I swear im the only person that likes the Cleveland show. no one else i talk to likes it. What's wrong with it?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

I do watch the three animated shows by Seth McFarlane, but of them I enjoy American Dad the most and I'm a little unsettled to find out that it was sinking. Granted the 10th season will be airing this Fall, I didn't know it was originally planned to be the last. I'm very happy to hear that TBS is picking it up though. This show has had some rather intelligent comedy and original moments that plant a little seed in your heart. Other McFarlane shows by comparison have attempted to do the same thing but these seeds just come back up as acid reflux with the bad after taste of crudeness.

Family Guy has evolved quite a lot since its pilot episode, and it has had some good times and some really shitty times. The cut aways are starting to get annoying and the producers know they're getting annoying and playing off that knowledge to annoy us with even more annoying cut aways. Summing it all up, there is a certain side of Family Guy that has become an internet troll to its viewers. The only episodes I have rather enjoyed from Family Guy are those featuring Stewie and Brian in their time travel/drug induced/getting into trouble adventures. The rest of the cast can die off for all I care (even though I'm sure the progression of the plot is completely effed up, they can kill anyone they want and have them come back for no reason all of a sudden).

I don't know too much about the Cleveland show since I've only recently started watching it. I was a long time hater when the show first aired and I really had to bite my tongue through the first episode which was a direct carbon copy of Family Guy, but with more black people.

Anyway, its good to hear TBS is picking up one of my favorite animated shows. I still watch reruns every week night on Adult Swim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I swear im the only person that likes the Cleveland show. no one else i talk to likes it. What's wrong with it?
    Well they took one of the weakest characters in Family and gave him a spin off, Cleveland was dull even when he was supported by the rest of the family guy characters.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Well they took one of the weakest characters in Family and gave him a spin off, Cleveland was dull even when he was supported by the rest of the family guy characters.
    Yeah, Cleveland basically had his "no no no no NO!" catchphrase when Peter, once again, trashed his house and that was it. Family Guy didn't lose much at all when Cleveland "left".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, Cleveland basically had his "no no no no NO!" catchphrase when Peter, once again, trashed his house and that was it. Family Guy didn't lose much at all when Cleveland "left".
    I think that's actually the REASON they gave him the spin off, not one of the more popular characters, because removing him didn't really change the dynamic of Family guy at all.

That said, I'd love to see a detective/cop show with Joe as the main character
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I think that's actually the REASON they gave him the spin off, not one of the more popular characters, because removing him didn't really change the dynamic of Family guy at all.

That said, I'd love to see a detective/cop show with Joe as the main character
    Quagmire could get his own show i mean hes a pilot for a living that could go so many ways
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Quagmire could get his own show i mean hes a pilot for a living that could go so many ways
    Quagmire show would have to be on hbo or show time to be real good

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Yep, he sure is a pilot that goes many ways...

giggity

Yay I like American Dad..now if TBS could just pick up Futurama that would be swell.
    Hi Sephurik

Great show, Really hope it comes back i like how it has a main plot but makes it seem like a sub plot. Gonna be interesting if Jeff ever makes it back to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    While I agree, I actually found the Cleveland show to be pretty entertaining once I got to know the characters a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    While I agree, I actually found the Cleveland show to be pretty entertaining once I got to know the characters a bit.
    The first season was fine, but after that it was kinda just the same crap over and over again.