Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    3 melee is fine. We run frost DK/rogue/feral on many pulls (we have a 13 person roster) when one of our ranged is missing, and get our kills fine. Hell, our first H-Elegon kill had 3 melee + the 2 tanks, and killing sparks isn't often considered a melee-friendly task (except for those damn DKs spreading their diseases and HB spam). We had 3 melee on our first H-Garalon kill (feral *did* go HotW wrath spam while kiting though), as well as 3 melee on our first Blade Lord and Wind Lord heroic kills. Hell, the interrupts from melee make melee favored on Wind Lord, IMO.

More melee always makes things interesting, but it can be done. We usually run with a Ret, Fury, and Rogue and we're 10/16 heroic currently and expect to be 11/16 when we raid again Sunday (12 hrs a week). I'm a healer for our group, and while I don't have frame of reference to compare since we've always raided with with this many melee, I doubt healing would be much different on this tier. In the past, more melee meant more healing needed, but I don't think it's true right now.

Not really an issue. We run with a dk, feral and ret melee dps players. Was a bit annoying on heroic stone guards but other than that it hasn't affected us at all. Might also be an issue for heroic vizier zor'lock but nothing that can't be overcome.

Melee is actually preferable for Zor'lok depending on your strategy since they tend to have closer to normal dps during attenuation than ranged. We do normal run around the boss attenuation in p2 instead of the spread out run around dodging stuff in the middle of nowhere because we can burn him down fast enough that the double attenuation usually arrives at the main group when the boss is dead or close to dying.

Can't speak to 10 man specifically, but so many fights melee are immune to misc debuffs/mechanics, they can tunnel pretty hard.

Though, many fights also have a ranged requirement that so many people are out in ranged to avoid mechanics dropping in said melee.

Being a melee in this tier is definitely not as bad as it was in Cataclysm.

this tier is more or less melee friendly. youll be fine

Simply put, everything should be doable, but several fights will be more punishing in one way or another than having a more ranged heavy comp. Offhand, I'd expect Stone Guard, Elegon, and Will of the Emperor to be more challenging with more melee, looking only at MSV.

If it's normal, you'll be fine.

If it's heroic, you'll make it work.

Don't worry, roll with it. Can always prepare some alts in case there's a problem on some boss!