Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question did your parents allow you to bring girls/guys back home...

to sleep over? (in the same bed)

just curious
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 2012-12-13 at 06:05 AM.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Well boys, yes, since I'm a boy and I am straight.

Girls, no. Of course I was out the day I turned 18 (age of majority in the 'states), so yea...

Deleted
    Not really, no.. my father didn't like me bringing people over at all.

I am a guy and when I was a child after the age of puberty when I had girls sleep over they slept in the living room and so did my mother.

My mom saw no problem with my friends sleeping over but she was activly supervising us. She also insisted on meeting another childs parents before they came to our home for longer then an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I'm a guy, I had sleepovers with my bro's all the time.
    As far as females, I never did as a kid, and I only brought home females when I was older and living at home when I was sure my parents were away or asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    Boys no as i'm a girl. Girls yes as im straight
    I met my fiance online(from another country) he was allowed to stay over but then again i was 21/22 at that time so~

My brother however got to bring plenty of girls home to sleep over.... when he still lived at home in his teens.
    She also bought him a pack of condoms sexism i tell you :@
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-12-13 at 05:55 AM.

Deleted
    I doubt they would mind, but I never did.

Only when I was a sophomore in college was I allowed to bring my GF over for sleepovers but we couldn't sleep in the same room.

I had both male and female friends sleep over when I was a kid. It was never a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    My brother however got to bring plenty of girls home to sleep over.... when he still lived at home in his teens.
    She also bought him a pack of condoms sexism i tell you :@
    I'd rather not have my parents buy me condoms...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

All the time. Both genders too, but very rarely would female friends sleepover (not because of my parents but because of theirs). I was a sheltered kid and didn't know what sex was until my teenage years.

Until I learned, I was so curious why my female friends' parents wouldn't ever let them sleepover. I really didn't know
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    I had both male and female friends sleep over when I was a kid. It was never a big deal.

I'd rather not have my parents buy me condoms...
    Well maybe its awkward and i wasn't sexually active at the time. But i do think its good of your parents to encourage you to use protection if they think you're sexually active.
    Even if its weird or emberassing!
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-12-13 at 06:04 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no. Not in the teenage years, not ever - for girls. (Me: straight guy)

Never really had guys sleep over at my house, but I slept over a few times at guys' houses when we were younger.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    when i said to sleep over...i meant in the same bed... not sleep overs you have when you're 8
    Milk was a bad choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    to sleep over?

just curious
    what about you?

No. My mommy and daddy give me spankings when I bring over friends without asking. I have the meanest parents out of anyone in my school. They don't even let me have mountain dew before my nap. WTF is that about?

10+ Year Old Account
    what about you?
    dad says he has no problems with it. mom gets furiated just by the thought of it
    Milk was a bad choice.

During Middle School and High School, my Mom would only allow my male friends to stay the night of course. It's pretty inappropriate for girls to stay over at that age, even if nothing would happen, from an adult point of view.

This never stopped me from telling my mom that I am going to stay at my buddies house while actually going to a girls house when her parents weren't home, though.

apparently i am the oddball here, as i was allowed to and frequently did have non-family members of the opposite sex sleep in the same room as me when i lived with my parents. straight hetero male, and i never did anything with em, as i was FAIRLY certain that that would remove them from the list of allowed people i could spend unsupervised time with (not an actual list, it's a metaphor).

edit: i see, you mean in the same bed - no we didn't do that, but that was more our choice than any specific rule (at least as far as i was ever aware)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    when i said to sleep over...i meant in the same bed... not sleep overs you have when you're 8
    Well, as you're asking a specific question without providing the specifics: what are the specifics? Are you asking about the those of the opposite gender? What age are you referring to? Are there any other specifics we don't know about?

Well maybe its awkward and i wasn't sexually active at the time. But i do think its good of your parents to encourage you to use protection if they think you're sexually active.
    Even if its weird or emberassing!
    Sex education is important, but that doesn't include the provision of condoms. I'm certainly not saying that your parents should not have provided condoms, just that I would have much preferred to have bought my own if I needed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    my parents didnt mind girls sleeping over but they always slept in a different room, and generally either my mom would sleep in the room with them or my dad would stay up all night lol