Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    the only ones who plan anything in wow's lore are the writers. They can cook up any old reason for a character losing there mind and doing things that bring about dire consequences, and people will accept it.
    No, go back and play WC3. Lich King said it himself that he planned out all the events that happen to Arthas, to lead him to be his Death Knight champion.

Go back and play the mission. Kel'Thuzad even allowed Arthas to kill him and even explained the whole plan of the plague to arthas, rather than keeping it secret.

This lead to arthas being tricked to going to Northrend, which the Lich King damaged himself to free the Frostmorne from its prison, to get to Arthas' hands, which later on corrupted him.

all a detailed plan from the start.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 02:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's a town hall. that means it's located inside a town. keeping in mind that WC3 works on accelerated time (you can build cities in a matter of minutes), the archmage unit could have gotten permission from dalaran to make portals to that drop-off zone.

or maybe the archmage has the Special Issue License D-6 that allows him to open portals to anywhere he wants. he is an Archmage after all.
    Well Jaina is an Archmage as well after all. So she would have this license as well to do so as well.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    No, go back and play WC3. Lich King said it himself that he planned out all the events that happen to Arthas, to lead him to be his Death Knight champion.

Go back and play the mission. Kel'Thuzad even allowed Arthas to kill him and even explained the whole plan of the plague to arthas, rather than keeping it secret.

This lead to arthas being tricked to going to Northrend, which the Lich King damaged himself to free the Frostmorne from its prison, to get to Arthas' hands, which later on corrupted him.

all a detailed plan from the start.
    Exactly as the writers wrote it as.
    #boycottchina

Exactly as the writers wrote it as.
    well totally not my point.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Well Jaina is an Archmage as well after all. So she would have this license as well to do so as well.
    yes, I said that before. she more probably than not has it, considering she's azeroth's best teleporter.

but the point is that since dalaran and the horde are enemies now, the horde has no reasons to obbey the laws of the kirin tor.

game mechanics aside, a random undead mage could very well open a portal to the heart of stormwind in the middle of the night and send a rogue to put blight barrels all around the town.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

yes, I said that before. she more probably than not has it, considering she's azeroth's best teleporter.

but the point is that since dalaran and the horde are enemies now, the horde has no reasons to obbey the laws of the kirin tor.

game mechanics aside, a random undead mage could very well open a portal to the heart of stormwind in the middle of the night and send a rogue to put blight barrels all around the town.
    if you forget that there are wards to prevent that, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    well totally not my point.
    you seemed to be aiming an point where it wasn't necessary. What happened to Arthas was planned out in a time where the story was not dependant on an mmorpg setting and so his development was consistent, and come wrath he was the all out bad guy we faught against, so it worked fine. The writers nowadays fail to capture that kind of consistant storytelling because the rules of the mmorpg format makes there storytelling into a static cliche they can't work outside the box on.
    Not to say some parts of the current story isn't well made, but the mmo format ruins it in many others.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    if you forget that there are wards to prevent that, sure.
    wards didn't keep the horde away from the divine bell

wards didn't keep the horde away from the divine bell
    cause they used the portal to darn in dalaran, try again.

actually, considering that dalaran is joining the alliance and they know how to make portals to the horde cities that bypass their wards.
    turnabout is fair play after all.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-12-17 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    actually, considering that dalaran is joining the alliance and they know how to make portals to the horde cities that bypass their wards.
    turnabout is fair play after all.
    a war of portals lol

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the point about dalaran and the scourge is that the lich king didn't actually want to destroy dalaran and take over the world. he thought he wanted it, but he didn't.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q. The "There must always be a Lich King" mantra seemed awfully suspicious, coming from ghosts trapped in Frostmourne. Was there something else going on there?
    A. To save people from generating elaborate conspiracy theories, we'll be serious for a moment and say, definitively, no. The ghosts of Uther and Terenas understood that the Scourge would run rampant without someone to keep them in check. Yes, that does also mean that Arthas and Ner'zhul were not unleashing the full force of the Scourge during their respective reigns: you are welcome to speculate on the reasons for that.
    Arthas had issues.

people say dalaran's advantage is that it flies. I wouldn't be surprised to see the blood elves taking flight on silvermoon to crush them lol
    I just pictured two flying cities attacking each other.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I just pictured two flying cities attacking each other.
    Man, now that would be insanely fun to watch. (Though not really likely to happen)

Just like in FF8, Galbadia and Balamb universities.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-12-17 at 04:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I opened map when I did the purge of dalaran and zoomed out. It showed the map of westfall for some reason.
    Perhaps Jaina is just going on a cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Maybe back to its old spot in Hillsbrad.
    if it does move back I wonder how we're gonna level our alts in northrend

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    if it does move back I wonder how we're gonna level our alts in northrend
    You run into the Lich King every 5 seconds as you level. I think it's pretty clear Northrend exists in the past.

Maybe because her sudden alteration in character from the calm, peace fighting Jaina to the Admiral proudmoore mark 2 persona is so forced, its like trying to shallow a ginger snap without water. You think this is perfectly acceptable because of what happened in theramore, but as someone keeping stronger tabs on the story, this feels like nothing more then a jump back and forth in what she does, she's become a mess.
    jaina is reacting to the story, she isnt just deciding to not like the Horde she's got valid reasons for it

jaina staying calm and peaceful while being shit on constantly by the Horde would be forced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    There are actually some lesser Val'kyrs that probably were born from the Nines. They also can resurrect humans, which means Sylvanas can keep the four main ones hidden in a safe place while still raising new troops. It's been quite some time now, the Forsaken army should be quite large, especially considering all the humans they killed in Silverpine and Hillsbrad.
    You got that from where? I'd like to see some kind of source for it. The one's im refering to are actual named Val'kyrs, three of them died to ressurect Sylvanas and a few other named Val'kyrs died aswell.
    The frenzy appears when raised by a Val'kyr actually, but it will eventually wear off. Then, the person will be able to choose if he or she wants to join the Forsaken or go back to the grave.
    What I'm refering to is the inevitable decay, it does happen but it takes quite some time. Many of the forsaken will eventually devolve into mindless shambling husks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    jaina is reacting to the story, she isnt just deciding to not like the Horde she's got valid reasons for it

jaina staying calm and peaceful while being shit on constantly by the Horde would be forced
    Yeah I am really wondering what Trassk would say if Jaina was still that peace-loving character that wants to make peace with the Horde.

Seriously ... The Horde eradicated her city with many friends in there (Rhonin for example) with the help of the sunreavers. Then the Horde stole the Divine Bell again with the help of the sunreavers.

So tell me would you keep calm if your whole city was eradicated to a point where not even the bodies of the dead are remaining? Nah of course you would not Trassk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah I am really wondering what Trassk would say if Jaina was still that peace-loving character that wants to make peace with the Horde.

Seriously ... The Horde eradicated her city with many friends in there (Rhonin for example) with the help of the sunreavers. Then the Horde stole the Divine Bell again with the help of the sunreavers.

So tell me would you keep calm if your whole city was eradicated to a point where not even the bodies of the dead are remaining? Nah of course you would not Trassk.
    There is one extreme to the next. Her extreme pacifistic nature was one aspect, but right now she's become the other extreme, something probably worse then varian, given she was meant to be on a neutral standing. She even preached about it to kalecgos.
    The reason why I'm now liking Varian over her is because he's becoming more centered as a character, more focused. It seems like in order to make Varian a more centered and calm leader, they had to corrupt Jaina to do it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post

of course I bloody wouldn't. I actually read the novel which I'm sure half the people on this thread haven't. The problem I have is how from her standing in the novel, to how she is currently, she is literally bounching up and down, up and down from one belief to the next, and it makes her so unpredictable it puts her in the worse kind of position, that of characters like Arthas and Garrosh, who claim to do what they do for greater means, well sacrificing so much to obtain it.

I am more pissed off at what they've done to her then what she's become.. which as of right now has no solid standing to WHAT she is.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-12-17 at 11:22 AM.
    #boycottchina

There is one extreme to the next. Her extreme pacifistic nature was one aspect, but right now she's become the other extreme, something probably worse then varian, given she was meant to be on a neutral standing. She even preached about it to kalecgos.
    The reason why I'm now liking Varian over her is because he's becoming more centered as a character, more focused. It seems like in order to make Varian a more centered and calm leader, they had to corrupt Jaina to do it.
    They HAD TO. Varian just really woke up when he saw his reflection on Jaina.That's when he asked himself if that was the way others saw him.

But one thing that most people are ignoring is the BAD BAD influence that racist psychopath bitch that is Vereesa is pushing into her. No Windrunner sister is an example of leveled thinking. And having that crazy fascist as her right hand is as bad as Malkorok whispering shit in Garrosh's ears.

Anything to bring some killsbrad pvp back!