Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Looks like they think there are two gunmen again. One dead, other still at large.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...hool-shooting/

Three sent to a hospital.

And Washington still won't try to take our guns away.
    There are too many guns already out there for banning them now to be in any way affective. It's part of our constitution that new laws are not retroactive. If the law today was that i'm allowed to buy a gun and I buy one but the next day it gets changed to guns being illegal they can't take my gun away or charge me for having it. They can ban the use of currently owned guns, but what will that do to stop this? They are already breaking the law in an extreme way, throwing one more in the way isn't gonna do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    There is less meth and less heroin on the streets than had it been legal. Just like there were a lower alcohol consumption during prohibition.
    Let's ignore all the violence that was associated with bootlegging, moonshining, etc during prohibition as well. Durr durr.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    People who think that outlawing guns for the general public will fix killing and violence really need to have their brains examined. Criminals will still get the guns, illegally, and still kill people with them. Banning guns won't do a damn thing. I'd rather it stay legal to own a gun so that I can defend myself and my family from crazy whack jobs out there.
    You know why they will still get the guns? Because you have a system that enables them, you have a readily obtainable supply which is part of the american culture so deep that it is a fundamental right of an American citizen.

The reason we have far less gun crime per capita in Europe is pretty simple, we don't enable gun crime with an easily obtainable source for the offending weaponry. Yes if you still want a gun you can go out your way to get one, but it's nowhere near as easy by comparison.

People who think that outlawing guns for the general public will fix killing and violence really need to have their brains examined. Criminals will still get the guns, illegally, and still kill people with them. Banning guns won't do a damn thing. I'd rather it stay legal to own a gun so that I can defend myself and my family from crazy whack jobs out there.
    Very few western countries have actual bans - they just control it strictly. Like driver's licenses. Furthermore a lot of criminals dont use guns in our countries and go for knives. And as a result knife murders are much more common than gun murders but i would rather be against a man with a knife than a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    No kidding. I mean if we outlaw guns like other dangerous things, it will get them off the street! You know...like heroin and meth.
    Yeah but if access to it is not easy as getting a lollipop, there is much less chance for these crazy guys to do these things when they are on a bad mood.

It only took 6 posts for someone to bash America. Nice.
    What you call "bashing" I call "throwing my arms in the air and giving up."
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Let's ignore all the violence that was associated with bootlegging, moonshining, etc during prohibition as well. Durr durr.
    It is inconsequential to my point.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    China, the paragon of human behavior, good comparison...

Two crazy gunmen incidents in a week...
    so. comparing incidents in china is not fair.
    but comparing crazy people as the entire whole of america is.

ok.

Very few western countries have actual bans - they just control it strictly. Like driver's licenses. Furthermore a lot of criminals dont use guns in our countries and go for knives. And as a result knife murders are much more common than gun murders but i would rather be against a man with a knife than a gun.
    I agree that people should have to go through a screening process and acquire a gun owner's license before being allowed to buy a gun. The state of Illinois has something like that in the form of a FOID card (firearm owner's identification card), although I think they're about the only one that does. If you're a convicted felon, you can't get a FOID card, and as such, can't buy a gun legally. The country as a whole should adopt that. But it's stupid to think that just outright banning guns will keep the guns out of criminals' hands. Banning them just makes the general public that much more defenseless.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but the labs do explode in neighborhoods.
    Again though, its not a wacko walking into a public place and killing whoever happens to get in the way. Made much easier with firearms. You want to include criminal enterprise and private residences then you would have lots more to toss into the pot.

Its not about guns, its about access to them. Personally I think everyone should be armed but then I'm biased. The funny part for me is some who keep claiming that democrats will take our guns away but even with all this justification, they don't.

It only took 6 posts for someone to bash America. Nice.
    Considering how often it occurs in this country compared to others? Its not exactly a "bash."
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

It is inconsequential to my point.
    Actually, no it's not. True, overall alcohol consumption was lower during prohibition. But the amount of crime, violence, bootlegging, and moonshining that was created because of it was so bad that the government had to revert the law. Banning something does not always solve the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    Yeah but if access to it is not easy as getting a lollipop, there is much less chance for these crazy guys to do these things when they are on a bad mood.
    Buying a firearm is not as easy as buying a lollipop. Don't kid yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    so. comparing incidents in china is not fair.
    but comparing crazy people as the entire whole of america is.

ok.
    I think he says the US should be compared to other first world countries. Saying - "At least we are better than China" is neither saying much nor especially comforting.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is less meth and less heroin on the streets than had it been legal. Just like there were a lower alcohol consumption during prohibition.
    There was also increased crime, specifically organized crime. The latter being the kind of crime that's going to be pushing guns illegally. Sure, anyone can cook up some meth or grow some weed in their basement. But it takes a lot of coordination to shuffle guns around, as all our failed programs to stop it have shown.

So, lets decrease crime by increasing the worst kind!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Again though, its not a wacko walking into a public place and killing whoever happens to get in the way. Made much easier with firearms. You want to include criminal enterprise and private residences then you would have lots more to toss into the pot.

Its not about guns, its about access to them. Personally I think everyone should be armed but then I'm biased. The funny part for me is some who keep claiming that democrats will take our guns away but even with all this justification, they don't.

Considering how often it occurs in this country compared to others? Its not exactly a "bash."
    I agree with you there. I think that if you are a law abiding citizen with no criminal background, you should be allowed to acquire a license and buy a gun. If you have any history of criminal activity, no gun or license for you.

10+ Year Old Account

Why don't we just outlaw crazy people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im surprised stuff like this even makes the news anymore, i thought a gun massacre happened everyday in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    The children are our future, therefore they must be stopped in anyway possible?

CBS is reporting a pretty high death toll right now : /.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying a firearm is not as easy as buying a lollipop. Don't kid yourself.
    Its still too easy though. Until we sufficiently restrict access to firearms, then we'll continue to have wackos walking into public places, schools, theaters, malls, even political rallies, and potentially killing whoever happens to get in the way.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.