Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dospal View Post
    Problem with this stone skin defensive cd. As gear increases and damage numbers get higher it becomes obsolete. It would possibly be a temporary fix but become worthless in a short period of time.

Yes, getting something unique would be nice, but I personally would just rather get something with functional longevity.
    It was meant as a suggestion for discussion, not a fully tested and precise solution.

I see what you're getting at, but adjusting it to something like 1/3 of the Shaman's health, or whatever is determined to be a reasonable balance between resilience and vulnerability, would settle that; health scales with gear level too. I wasn't stuck on the 50k by any means and that was the least important part of the suggestion; that value should be set to a point where it takes a conscious effort to break the shield, but it isn't difficult in the sense that it requires popping burst cooldowns to achieve it, just using a strong attack (and thus "wasting" it on the shield). It should be at a value where it's easier for big nuke classes to break it and difficult if not out of reach for DoT/bleed classes to break it for the most part. If that means it needs to be bumped up and made scaling, fine, the point was the idea, not the number I used as an example.

the enhancer need a def cd too, the most classes are okay but you never will beat a warri or frostdk, shaman is at the moment the worst pvp class since the silence nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It was meant as a suggestion for discussion, not a fully tested and precise solution.

I see what you're getting at, but adjusting it to something like 1/3 of the Shaman's health, or whatever is determined to be a reasonable balance between resilience and vulnerability, would settle that; health scales with gear level too. I wasn't stuck on the 50k by any means and that was the least important part of the suggestion; that value should be set to a point where it takes a conscious effort to break the shield, but it isn't difficult in the sense that it requires popping burst cooldowns to achieve it, just using a strong attack (and thus "wasting" it on the shield). It should be at a value where it's easier for big nuke classes to break it and difficult if not out of reach for DoT/bleed classes to break it for the most part. If that means it needs to be bumped up and made scaling, fine, the point was the idea, not the number I used as an example.
    With health scaling with it I can see it being good. I just meant the amount of damage it takes shouldn't be static. That would put us back to wrath/cata with stoneclaw bubble.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kesko View Post
    the enhancer need a def cd too, the most classes are okay but you never will beat a warri or frostdk, shaman is at the moment the worst pvp class since the silence nerf
    Enhance I'm not sure need a defensive c/d. I feel they should be given a disarm to mitigate melee damage. They are very good vs. casters but still should have some weakness.

they should add earth shield to dps too and alow to combine shields and add fire shield(15% dmg reduction) : for example-
    lightning+water = alows to stack shields on dmg and heals for (enh and resto) and earth shock can be used to heal
    lightning+earth = hitting shaman can root and place dot on target
    lightning+fire = reduces dmg taken by 5% instead 15% and increases dmg done by 6 %
    water+earth = reduces efect of water and eath shield but adds -Burrow spell- burrows shamn for 2 sec 60 sec cd shaman cannot be targeted by enemy of friendly player for its durration
    water+fire = reduces dmg taken by 10% and direct healing spells damages closest enemy for 15% of heal 8 sec ICD
    earth+fire = reduces efect of fire shield to 8%(from 15%) and earth shield healing 30%(removes grounding totem) and adds grounding tornado spell - shaman rushes forward for 4 sec with 70% increased speed and absorbing 2 magic spells

well that's just idea i thought in 5 mins ofc more balancing and rework but just an idea

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    they should add earth shield to dps too and alow to combine shields and add fire shield(15% dmg reduction) : for example-
    lightning+water = alows to stack shields on dmg and heals for (enh and resto) and earth shock can be used to heal
    lightning+fire = reduces dmg taken by 5% instead 15% and increases dmg done by 6 %
    water+earth = reduces efect of water and eath shield but adds -Burrow spell- burrows shamn for 2 sec 60 sec cd shaman cannot be targeted by enemy of friendly player for its durration
    water+fire = reduces dmg taken by 10% and direct healing spells damages closest enemy for 15% of heal 8 sec ICD
    earth+fire = reduces efect of fire shield to 8%(from 15%) and earth shield healing 30%(removes grounding totem) and adds grounding tornado spell - shaman rushes forward for 4 sec with 70% increased speed and absorbing 2 magic spells

well that's just idea i thought in 5 mins ofc more balancing and rework but just an idea
    Agreed... I want to be able to combine shields. Would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post

i also want to be god.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Welcome but boring change; give ele shamanistic rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged