Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Highest rate of deaths from a firearm is the handgun, ok lets ban rifles and magazines with higher than 10 rounds.
    Liberal Logic!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    I was hoping you'd actually read your source and notice that they so effortlessly switch between overall gun violence and gun homicide rates. Such as, Gun violence peaking and then dropping, but leveling off...not going below or equal to 1960 levels. The drop is what leveled off. What went EQUAL to 1960 level was the gun HOMICIDE rate, not overall gun violence.

The only thing that study says about gun violence is that it's lower than in the mid 1990's. Congratulations for not reading your source completely. Also, this is the part where you start talking about goal posts or some such, because you didn't understand what the discussion encompassed in the first place.
    Did you actually post a 50 year trend about firearm violence that needed to be refuted? I didn't think so.

I've proved my claim, and yet again, you've resorted to snark instead of substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Liberal Logic!
    We love you to bro.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...on-medical-pot

Fuck this state

One step forward, two steps back.
    that is hardly constitutional...but it is out of Chicago...and they pretty much ignore the constitution.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Liberal Logic!
    Considering this is one instance where liberal policy hasn't followed statistics, but is just an emotional response to one incident, I'll give them a pass. Emotion and anecdote dictating policy is like a daily occurrence for the Republican party.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    that is hardly constitutional...but it is out of Chicago...and they pretty much ignore the constitution.
    So does the Patriot Act and other things
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I just said why they won. Not that I would have wanted anything different. Chill....
    Their entire strategy was to wage a war of attrition and get the American public to back down.

So an armed militant uprising pretty much totally won a war against an established government and even more powerful ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Considering this is one instance where liberal policy hasn't followed statistics, but is just an emotional response to one incident, I'll give them a pass. Emotion and anecdote dictating policy is like a daily occurrence for the Republican party.
    but i thought the republicans and gun owners in general were "emotionless heartless bastards that want children to be murdered"?

Won't hold up in court.

You can't waive your rights at the federal level and certainly can't be asked to barter them away. Their law is invalid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    There is clear intent to disarm the public. Look at the measures being taken. Highest rate of deaths from a firearm is the handgun, ok lets ban rifles and magazines with higher than 10 rounds.
    That was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction to the school shooting in MA. Banning any type of firearm will not make any significant impact on gun violence or gun homicide rates. Most people committing murder with handguns are acquiring them illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I've proved my claim, and yet again, you've resorted to snark instead of substance.
    Giggling at the hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Swampmoose; 2014-01-23 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    So an armed militant uprising pretty much totally won a war against an established government and even more powerful ally.
    For motives that were not self-preservation on part of the US Government. Comparing domestic terrorism to Vietcong is silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    but i thought the republicans and gun owners in general were "emotionless heartless bastards that want children to be murdered"?
    I wouldn't say I'm emotionless. I do feel annoyed when I try to wash all this child blood off of my hands and baby-killing tactical ghost gun.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Did you actually post a 50 year trend about firearm violence that needed to be refuted? I didn't think so.

Hey, I posted something, who cares if it was wrong! At least it's SOMETHING! Sheesh!

Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm emotionless. I do feel annoyed when I try to wash all this child blood off of my hands and baby-killing tactical ghost gun.
    In Luigi's Mansion are we? Such a cold hearted monster you are!

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    For motives that were not self-preservation on part of the US Government. Comparing domestic terrorism to Vietcong is silly.
    Here's what I don't get about the opposition.

Let's say you're right (and I don't think you are, but we're in the land of make-believe for now so why not). Let's say that even with all our guns we could never stand up to a rogue and oppressive US government.

Just who the hell do you think you are to tell us we're not allowed to even try?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think what you're referring to are the people who believe Republicans don't care, not that they want it to happen.

To be fair, given the overall apathy they have on the subject, I can see why it would be easy for some to think that.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Let's say you're right (and I don't think you are, but we're in the land of make-believe for now so why not). Let's say that even with all our guns we could never stand up to a rogue and oppressive US government.

Just who the hell do you think you are to tell us we're not allowed to even try?
    If you try, and fail, everyone pays the price.

To make a counter argument equally as ridiculous, why shouldn't we all be allowed to personally own nuclear weapons? Clearly, if every person owned a nuclear bomb, there would be no violence because everyone would fear retaliation!

Who the hell are you to tell us that we have to continue humoring your "what if" fantasies?

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Hey, I posted something, who cares if it was wrong! At least it's SOMETHING! Sheesh!

Lol.
    Except, it's not? There was no 50 year trend posted, just NYC17's own opinions and unsubstantiated nonsense. I proved that over 50 years, firearm homicides are roughly the same. Over 20 years, they are down, and overall firearm violence is down.

If you want to prove that over 50 years, firearm violence is higher, by all means, prove it.