Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    That IS what he said.

Do you enjoy being wrong all the time?
    What I enjoy is you repeatedly putting your foot in your mouth.

Offering two options is not the same thing as leaving the choice up to the respondent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    So given the choice between a gun or a firearm, which is relevant to this conversation, him asking whether you choose a firearm or a knife is a loaded question, but asking among ALL weapons what you'd use is not, despite it being entirely irrelevant to the topic at hand?

I get the feeling that given no other information, with a pistol and a knife in front of you, you know what you'd choose because even at point blank range, the force at which a gun has can do way more damage than a knife.

And knowing what you'd choose, you refuse to answer, and keep playing semantics. /golfclap
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So given the choice between a gun or a firearm, which is relevant to this conversation, him asking whether you choose a firearm or a knife is a loaded question, but asking among ALL weapons what you'd use is not, despite it being entirely irrelevant to the topic at hand?

I get the feeling that given no other information, with a pistol and a knife in front of you, you know what you'd choose because even at point blank range, the force at which a gun has can do way more damage than a knife.

And knowing what you'd choose, you refuse to answer, and keep playing semantics. /golfclap
    Yes, offering two choices, one of which is clearly superior to the other, to prove your point that the superior one will be chosen, is a loaded question.

I'm not the one refusing to answer. Try to keep up.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    "If given a choice of any weapon to kill someone, what would you choose?"

"A nuclear bomb because it's the best way to avoid admitting that I'd take a gun for its likelihood to inflict a lethal wound over a knife."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Yes, offering two choices, one of which is clearly superior to the other, to prove your point that the superior one will be chosen, is a loaded question.

I'm not the one refusing to answer. Try to keep up.
    So which one is superior?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So which one is superior?
    That all depends on the context, which is deliberately absent from the loaded question.

10+ Year Old Account
    You offered two things, one of which obviously provides more benefits in a vacuum, to prove your point.

That's the definition of a loaded question.
    Comparing two items in a vacuum, outside of all context, is not a loaded comparison. It's completely fair. It may be obvious to you that it provides more benefits in a vacuum, but it doesn't seem to be obvious to several people. I was simply making sure we could at least agree upon that (apparently we can't since lockedout refused to answer).
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep avoiding the question.

Which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Comparing two items in a vacuum, outside of all context, is not a loaded comparison. It's completely fair. It may be obvious to you that it provides more benefits in a vacuum, but it doesn't seem to be obvious to several people. I was simply making sure we could at least agree upon that (apparently we can't since lockedout refused to answer).
    But there is context, because a firearm and a knife are not the same thing, and the difference between them is being used to prove your point, because you know the answer to the question.

"You are tasked with smashing a soda can. Do you use a 5,000lb anvil, or a penny?"

- - - Updated - - -

Keep avoiding the question.

Which would you choose?
    Provide some meaningful context, and I'll be happy to answer. I won't be responding to the loaded question.

What I enjoy is you repeatedly putting your foot in your mouth.

Offering two options is not the same thing as leaving the choice up to the respondent.
    Context is everything in any of these hypothetical situations....You know that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Given which one you know would have a higher likelihood of successfully killing someone in far more situations, which would you choose?

Also consider that point blank GSW are a lot more damaging.

Why, the question is pointless and proves nothing. All he would be doing is pandering.
    Translation: It's inconvenient to answer because it would prove what we all know, and tiny has been avoiding saying for 10 pages now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of a single instance, put into context, where I would choose a knife over a firearm. You'd really have to stretch wayyyyyy out there to think of something.
    Eat yo vegetables

I can't think of a single instance, put into context, where I would choose a knife over a firearm. You'd really have to stretch wayyyyyy out there to think of something.
    Are you trying to kill your baby? Because you don't need a firearm for that. How about your sleeping spouse? Don't need one for that, either.

Both of those things are waaaaayyyyyyy out there.

- - - Updated - - -

tiny has been avoiding saying for 10 pages now.
    There's that foot in the mouth again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranged> Melee /10chars
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You enter the barracks of an opposing force at night. What do you use? It is not a stretch.

Since this all hypothetical and all........

15+ Year Old Account
    A loaded question is one that gives a very specific set of circumstances to try and force a certain answer. What was given was a very broad set of circumstances. You know how you'd answer, and while you wouldn't need a gun to kill someone sleeping, a gun would be just as good if not better. So given that it could be that circumstance or any other, you know the answer. You're just unwilling to provide it after 10 pages of attacking a strawman.

Reminds me of Nixon off futurama.

Bailiff: Do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    Nixon: I—um— [Nixon's head jar begins to sweat.] —Am I under oath when I take the oath?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you trying to kill your baby? Because you don't need a firearm for that. How about your sleeping spouse? Don't need one for that, either.

Both of those things are waaaaayyyyyyy out there.
    The question isn't "what do you need," it's "what would you rather use."
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    In a in-closed space with other people. The knife allows you to silently kill someone. Also don't say suppressor, they aren't as quiet as movies portray.
    So basically we're going to come up with very specific sets of loaded circumstances to try and force an answer that one might prefer a knife?

Putting your hand over someone's mouth and stabbing them in the neck isn't as silent as assassin's creed would have you believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    You enter the barracks of an opposing force at night...
    It is not a stretch.
    Entering the barracks of an opposing force at night isn't a stretch? lol.
    Eat yo vegetables

The question isn't "what do you need," it's "what would you rather use."
    You'd rather use a firearm to kill a baby than a knife? Or a sleeping spouse?

- - - Updated - - -

So basically we're going to come up with very specific sets of loaded circumstances to try and force an answer that one might prefer a knife?
    You mean kind of like how you made up a hypothetical situation in which the gun is more suited?

15+ Year Old Account
    You're saying it's a loaded question because the answer you'd give would dismantle 10 pages of your argument.

It's a very BROAD set of circumstances that is the exact opposite of a loaded question. You know exactly what would be a better weapon in more situations. There's just lots of semantics arguing going on here to avoid answering.