Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    DOES CANADA HAVE A VIOLENT CRIME PROBLEM.
    A bit.

And the UN, in 2004 said Liberia had a 16/100k murder rate. If you can give me explanation on how they dropped their murder rate by that much, maybe I would consider that the UN isn't lying.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Liberian_Civil_War

The bulk of the personnel were armed military troops, but there were also civilian policemen, as well as political advisers and humanitarian aid workers. On October 1, the first peacekeepers changed their berets and became a UN force, with many more troops earmarked. During three days of riots in Monrovia in October 2004, nearly 400 people were wounded and 15 killed. The UN slowly built up its forces in the country, with 5,500 projected to be in place by November 2003, and worked to disarm the various factions. However, instability in neighbouring countries, an incomplete disarmament process, and general discontent threatened Liberia's fragile peace.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-02-14 at 09:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    A bit.
    No.

besides ending in 2003. The UN would only classify deaths due to a civil war as murders if they really had an axe to grind. But hey, if you want to include civil wars into your murder numbers, the US murder rate is much lower than its peak from 1861-1865. 600,000 murders!
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Deleted
    No
    Not if you take the US as Ruler which has a higher homicide rate than Liberia 2012.

besides ending in 2003.
    A civil war leaves the region in turmoil one fucking year after the civil war the homicide rate was higher and got reduced massively afterwards.
    They started 2003 with the disarmament process and stationed the peacekeeping force.

Here look at those wartorn countrys.
    http://www.unodc.org/documents/gsh/p...eb.pdf#page=19
    Sierra Leone, Liberia and Afghanistan pre 2013 all beat the US in homicide rates.

The US is on a ~5
    http://www.unodc.org/documents/gsh/p...eb.pdf#page=46
    The group of developed countries considered here has an
    average homicide rate below 0.8 per 100,000, with the excep-
    tion of the United States, which in the last five years has had
    an average homicide rate of 4.9 per 100,000 population.
    (UNODC Homicide Statistics (2013)
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-02-14 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not if you take the US as Ruler which has a higher homicide rate than Liberia 2012.
    And that's how you answer my question "does Canada have a violent Crime problem." I guess that sort of makes sense, to you, maybe.

A civil war leaves the region in turmoil one fucking year after the civil war the homicide rate was higher and got reduced massively afterwards.
    They started 2003 with the disarmament process and stationed the peacekeeping force.

Sierra Leone, Liberia and Afghanistan pre 2013 all beat the US in homicide rates.

The US is on a ~5
    You keep posting links about how the UN says the US is a more dangerous place than Liberia. This is an absolutely insane notion.

10+ Year Old Account

The US is on a ~5
    You must be kidding if you actually believe that Libera, a failed nation, really has a lower homicide rate than the USA. It's a country torn by civil war, of course the police (if they even have any real power) will not investigate things like those. It's controlled by warlords and it's on the verge of constant wars since these warlords keep fighting for power.

Do you actually think that they are going to have proper investigations or even investigations at all whenever someone dies? Do you actually believe that the police of a failed state has any real power at all and will do anything to protect their citizens? Go take a look at the definition of "failed state" if you don't understand what it means.

You are a fool if you actually think that those stats are a real representation of the murder rate in Libera or any other failed state around world.

Holy hell, the naivety of some people on MMOC really astonishes me...
    Last edited by Schuetze; 2015-02-14 at 10:38 AM.

Deleted
    Omg read this
    http://www.thenational.ae/uae/uae-au...er-rate-in-gcc

They a) dont take only reported stats into account and b) UAE claims half the homicide rate of the US is as bad as Afghanistan.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-02-14 at 10:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg read this
    http://www.thenational.ae/uae/uae-au...er-rate-in-gcc

They a) dont take only reported stats into account and b) UAE claims half the homicide rate of the US is as bad as Afghanistan.
    You are really off your rocker now buddy. Afghanistan issues full auto AK's to 8 year olds. Or did you jump of the gun thread and into the US sucks on everything thread?

I really liked this part of the article:

For countries from which complete data is not available, projected statistics are compiled based on a formula.

It was not clear whether this method was used to calculate the UAE figures.
    Meaning the UN doesn't even tell you what countries they just GUESS what the murder rate is.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2015-02-14 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Meaning the UN doesn't even tell you what countries they just GUESS what the murder rate is.
    You dont like the methology tell the UNODC they are wrong or provide evidence to the contrary.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont like the methology tell the UNODC they are wrong or provide evidence to the contrary.
    How about the evidence you provided yourself, where the government of UAE disputes their findings.

If you can even find me their methodology, Ill give you a gold star. How could I like it, how could you like, when we don't know what it is? You like it because it makes the US looks bad, and you don't know shit about the methodology.

They don't have data in Afghanistan or Liberia, and North Korea. They just make the shit up when they don't have the data, and maybe or maybe not they have an actual equation.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2015-02-14 at 11:08 AM.

The UN doesn't conduct the research they just report what other nations claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    so as it was about switzerland the whole fucking time, does anyone have evidence that the numbers provided by switzerland are made up and switzerland actually has a much higher homicide rate to indicate that their gun control is useless?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Really?

The Sandy Hook Advisory Commission's recommendations for gun control wouldn't have prevented the Sandy Hook shooting... and that's "cherry picking"?

Bwahahahahaha!
    Cherrypicking is singling out one event when he said "events like". So yes, you're a cherrypicker.

Let me know when you actually link facts on a matter. And by facts I mean not Lott.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You know what, I'm calling multiple bullshit on this statement.

First, they're not "guns used for criminal purposes", they're guns recovered, which includes guns that might be illegally owned, but which were not necessarily "crime" guns outside the simple act of ownership.

Furthermore, that 70% stat you like to throw out isn't for Canada, it's specifically for the city of Toronto, which just happens to be right across the border from the US.
    Congrats, you still haven't dispute the fact that smuggled guns are a rather large problem for Canada. Our shitty laws are exporting crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetze View Post
    You must be kidding if you actually believe that Libera, a failed nation, really has a lower homicide rate than the USA. It's a country torn by civil war, of course the police (if they even have any real power) will not investigate things like those. It's controlled by warlords and it's on the verge of constant wars since these warlords keep fighting for power.

Do you actually think that they are going to have proper investigations or even investigations at all whenever someone dies? Do you actually believe that the police of a failed state has any real power at all and will do anything to protect their citizens? Go take a look at the definition of "failed state" if you don't understand what it means.

You are a fool if you actually think that those stats are a real representation of the murder rate in Libera or any other failed state around world.

Holy hell, the naivety of some people on MMOC really astonishes me...
    Got any disputing sources? No?

then don't speak of "naivety".

- - - Updated - - -

How do they know that? No one knows anything about NK.
    Wow, another textbook appeal to ignorance.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2015-02-14 at 04:06 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How about the evidence you provided yourself, where the government of UAE disputes their findings.

If you can even find me their methodology, Ill give you a gold star. How could I like it, how could you like, when we don't know what it is? You like it because it makes the US looks bad, and you don't know shit about the methodology.

They don't have data in Afghanistan or Liberia, and North Korea. They just make the shit up when they don't have the data, and maybe or maybe not they have an actual equation.
    I will give you a gold star for doing a good job of refuting the anti- gunner's rants we see on here by some.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    so as it was about switzerland the whole fucking time, does anyone have evidence that the numbers provided by switzerland are made up and switzerland actually has a much higher homicide rate to indicate that their gun control is useless?
    Come on now. You do not think the reporting from most Europe tracking reports are better than the ones from poverty stricken, dictator controlled, war torn countries? Of course we do have the difference in how some European countries report some crimes......

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I will give you a gold star for doing a good job of refuting the anti- gunner's rants we see on here by some.
    You know "returning" an argument that has a link involves actually presenting evidence, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Come on now. You do not think the reporting from most Europe tracking reports are better than the ones from poverty stricken, dictator controlled, war torn countries? Of course we do have the difference in how some European countries report some crimes......
    I have no clue why you´ve quoted me. Your answer has nothing to do with the quote.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Btw your guns get smuggled into mexico not the other way around.
    Yeah by our government http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

Weapons recovered by Mexican military in Naco, Sonora, Mexico on November 20, 2009. They include weapons bought two weeks earlier by Operation Fast and Furious suspect Uriel Patino, who bought 723 guns during the operation.

As a result of a dispute over the release of Justice Department documents related to the scandal, Attorney General Eric Holder became the first sitting member of the Cabinet of the United States to be held in contempt of Congress on June 28, 2012. Earlier that month, President Barack Obama had invoked executive privilege for the first time in his presidency over the same documents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Cherrypicking is singling out one event when he said "events like". So yes, you're a cherrypicker.
    Cherrypick one incident where they would have stopped a shooting, I'll wait. Something that falls under your "events like."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Congrats, you still haven't dispute the fact that smuggled guns are a rather large problem for Canada. Our shitty laws are exporting crime.
    So logically the answer would be to make more laws then right? Make it more illegal because that will show em! Of course it's the laws that are shitty not the lack of enforcement.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2015-02-14 at 05:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So logically the answer would be to make more laws then right? Make it more illegal because that will show em! Of course it's the laws that are shitty not the lack of enforcement.
    maybe both?

Maybe both?
    So make new/more laws that won't get enforced?

maybe both?
    Adding laws that don't exist tend to make something more illegal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So make new/more laws that won't get enforced?
    make laws that are easier to enforce?