Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Not sure if anyone covered this while I was gone:

I've seen a few people link to the website ShootingTracker.com - turns out its nothing but a farce created by a Reddit user from their Propaganda forum...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...re-propaganda/

And the follow up article which shows that they use items such as "shootings with a pellet gun" as part of their data:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...e-about-facts/
    wait so you're telling me the thing thats been pushed as the be all end all for tracking gun violence was just more bullshit? color me shocked
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

I thought surely by now this news would have sparked some conversation.

Hmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation

Hmm...
    Now that is just being naive, the usual suspects will lay low for a few days and then pretend this has never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

15+ Year Old Account

Hmm...
    Did anyone use that site as a source? I looked back 8 pages and couldn´t find anything, how far back do i have to look?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Did anyone use that site as a source? I looked back 8 pages and couldn´t find anything, how far back do i have to look?
    Honestly I don't recall specifics in this thread, but I know in other "off-shoots" of this thread its been brought up many many many times.

I encourage everyone here, on both sides of the debate to relay the information is bullshit next time you see someone use that website.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't recall specifics in this thread, but I know in other "off-shoots" of this thread its been brought up many many many times.

I encourage everyone here, on both sides of the debate to relay the information is bullshit next time you see someone use that website.
    I appreciate the info.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Whats even more odd, I do a forum search on www.shootingtracker.com and it only gets one result (mine I made in the Hilary Clinton thread). I know for a fact I've seen it a dozen times through various threads in the past few months.

Oh well. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Whats even more odd, I do a forum search on www.shootingtracker.com and it only gets one result (mine I made in the Hilary Clinton thread). I know for a fact I've seen it a dozen times through various threads in the past few months.

Oh well. lol
    I don´t think the forum search holds true to its name.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I don´t think the forum search holds true to its name.
    i know i've tried using it and its never turned up with much of what im searching for.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    They really should have them in Maryland, because you can commit a crime just by having certain types of firearms in your vehicle when you are driving through the state...

Well, that state has some dumb laws concerning that issue. But it would create a lot of commotion if they did have a border checking. Maybe enough to get their stupid laws amended some. :P

I belong to a Scorpion EVO FB group. I really... really... really hate it when people post shit like this...

Thanks for making the rest of us look like like bizarre creeps.

Everytime I hear someone compare my penis size to my gun I roll my eyes, but with gun owners like that, maybe they are right. *looks in his pants*

15+ Year Old Account
    I belong to a Scorpion EVO FB group. I really... really... really hate it when people post shit like this...

Everytime I hear someone compare my penis size to my gun I roll my eyes, but with gun owners like that, maybe they are right. *looks in his pants*
    the only sensation i ever get from shooting is an intense feeling of relaxation after im done
    Get your shit together

It's not just a gun thing though, it's just the way folks show "excitement" online. It's common enough on this site in various threads.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's not just a gun thing though, it's just the way folks show "excitement" online. It's common enough on this site in various threads.
    I get that, the problem is, all it takes is one anti-gun lurker to screenshot shit like that and all of a sudden that is the poster child of gun owners.

Believe me, I have equal frustration with tactless gun owners the same as people who are anti-gun.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh well. lol
    Make sure you select "posts" instead of "threads" at the bottom. And most of the shootingtracker pages don't have the "www".

A search just in this thread for "shootingtracker" yields two (one, two) hits (plus some responses) prior to your posting about it this time.

And since that tracker is extension of the reddit page, a search of "gunsarecool" in this thread also yields a few hits (one, two) plus another one of mine from over a year and a half ago that highlights the same kind of shitty "journalism" done by the contributors to that tracker:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Including such "mass shootings" as the one on 12/9/13, with 2 dead and 3 injured. Of course, the 3 injured were police officers responding to a robber, and the 2 dead were the robber and one other person, both killed by LEO gunfire.

Yeah, that definitely stretches the definition of "mass shooting" a bit. But hey, that's reddit for you.
    And those are just this thread.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    the only sensation i ever get from shooting is an intense feeling of relaxation after im done
    This, and a sore shoulder, plus the occasional sore cheeks if someone at the range brought something with a fun switch. (full auto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    This, and a sore shoulder, plus the occasional sore cheeks if someone at the range brought something with a fun switch. (full auto)
    i usually have a sore wrist i have a sig 229 elite dark in 9mm but the gun still has a fair amount of kick to it
    Get your shit together

9mm kick? What kick?

PS: Sigs suck, buy yourself a CZ.

15+ Year Old Account
    9mm kick? What kick?

PS: Sigs suck, buy yourself a CZ.
    oh no i love this sig i was actually goingto go with a sr9 or CZ but i held the sig and that was my first mistake because i was $1000 poorer the feel sold me and i love shooting it
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a few people link to the website ShootingTracker.com - turns out its nothing but a farce created by a Reddit user from their Propaganda forum...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...re-propaganda/
    I've probably linked from there before. Not because I believe it's some definitive source on "mass shooting" statistics, but I do believe they do a decent job.

But let's look at the article from the beloved "thetruthaboutguns". Their quote:

In his acceptance speech he points to his prized website as an example of the fine propaganda work that he’s been engaged in....It’s nice when the creators themselves admit that their creations are deceitful
    What? That's now what they did at all. The owner of shootingtracker is also a contributor to /r/propagandaposters, which is a subreddit for "propaganda collectors, enthusiasts, or anyone fascinated by propaganda as an insight into history, sociology, perspective, and manipulation."

The owner never admitted that their "creations are deceitful", and never used his website as an example of his "propaganda work". That's an outright lie, and anyone that can bother reading would know it. The irony here being that "thetruthaboutguns" has just deliberately engaged in propaganda.
    Eat yo vegetables