Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I mean if they are as strong and potent as the left seems to think they are, then damn, sign me up!!
    What do you mean?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    NRA thrives on Fear.

The vast majority of propaganda from the NRA is all about Fear.
    Then do not join. It might give you nightmares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Neither does the NRA, specifically the "benefit" part.

The threat portion though, THAT is accurate.
    Sure they do. Protecting the Second Amendment is a very important benefit for those who think it is one of the basic rights in the Constitution. And NRA certified firearm instructors, here in Ohio, qualifies them to be class teachers for the conceal carry handgun class we have to take here to get one.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    How many mass shooters have been members of the NRA? Ill wait
    I don't know, and I don't care. The point is the NRA makes it easy for mass shooters to get their hands on weapons like the AR-15.

Do you know why attacking the NRA is a losing proposition for the Gun control crowd? Because you are attacking average American citizens. The Gun control lobby wants to demonize gun owners and NTRA members as murder happy cult members. While there are millions of members of the NRA there are many many more who support them or other Shooting rights groups. and lets not forget that a estimated 50% of Democrats are also fire arm owners. The plain truth of it is as long as the Anti gun lobby keeps attacking the 100+ million lawful gun owners in the country, they will not get what they want.
    Yawn. Nobody is demonizing gun owners. Gun nuts, on the other hand, who fight tooth and nail against common-sense gun laws are being demonized, and rightfully so. The overwhelming majority of Americans (including most gun owners) support things like universal background checks, but we can't have them because of the gun nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Calling people gun banners and anti-freedom is pretty light considering folks call them terrorists and all Republicans are nazi's.
    How so?

The NRA shift to gun rights was in the early 70's after various government over-reaches that caused their members to change the board and add the legislative priorities. They helped with the FOPA compromise, they were involved in the AWB compromise, they supported a NICS fix to reduce errors and increase reporting and the democrats voted it down because it didn't add new restrictions.
    And the Dems were right.

Don't get me wrong, the NRA is certainly pro-gun, that's sort of their point. They really SHOULDN'T spew anything other than pro-gun propaganda. You do of course ignore the other divisions of the NRA, but meh, why bother.
    So You're giving them a free pass for lying?

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

NRA thrives on Fear.

The vast majority of propaganda from the NRA is all about Fear.
    Yeah, they should stop saying the democrats want to ban guns, when they just want to have common sense laws like Australia, where most guns are banned. They certainly shouldn't point out how useless gun-free zone designations are, that's just silly.

Like, that teacher in Georgia that had mental problems (that his local authorities helped him to work around being committed), and he took a gun to school and fired a round in an empty class room! That certainly proves teachers shouldn't have guns!

Or does it prove that the gun-free-zone bullshit did nothing to keep a mentally ill person with a gun from bringing a gun into school?

Meh, better to draft more laws to restrict law abiding citizens and paint the NRA as divisive while common citizens get labeled criminals for possessing a firearm.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean?
    All the complaining about them and their influence on political donations and how the mainstream media appears to give them so much credit. Shit, it must be true then. They can help protect my Second Amendment rights!
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Yeah, they should stop saying the democrats want to ban guns, when they just want to have common sense laws like Australia, where most guns are banned. They certainly shouldn't point out how useless gun-free zone designations are, that's just silly.
    No mass school shooting in australia for over 20 years.

Sorry but no, the NRA has proven more then many times they spew nothing but pro gun propaganda and spewing hate. Misinformation the NRA does in spades.

NRA has compromised before until they turned into Far Right Extremists by lobbying and suing whatever means necessary to prevent Gun Laws from Passing and only favoring those that involve More Guns like usual.
    Great examples of the hyperbole and over the top rhetoric that actually works against your cause. Far right extremists? Your side does not learn their lessons at all and why they will keep losing. This is why Trump won. This is why the Dems are losing people left and right . Calling everyone who does not agree with you Fascists, Nazis or Racists etc etc continues to hurt your cause and continues to alienate your side from Mainstream America
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Great examples of the hyperbole and over the top rhetoric that actually works against your cause.
    Sorry but it isn't Hyperbole, I proved it with the Video.

How so?
    Saying folks are gun banners because they want to ban guns, or anti-freedom because they want to increase restrictions is correct, if fiery rhetoric. Calling the NRA terrorists because they do not agree with you, is just typical identity politics crap that has no basis in reality.

And the Dems were right.
    They were right to not increase background checks? The church shooter with the domestic violence unreported to the system is good to you?

So You're giving them a free pass for lying?
    They didn't lie, and you haven't shown their lies. Just some fiery rhetoric.

Again this is another example of why the Gun control crowd loses so much. You either imply or say we Should be like OTHER countries. That simply does not fly with average Americans and just makes you look like you hate your country. A losing strategy

They didn't lie, and you haven't shown their lies. Just some fiery rhetoric.
    The Rhetoric she spewd was filled with lies.

They were right to not increase background checks? The church shooter with the domestic violence unreported to the system is good to you?
    No, they were right to not pass because they wanted other provisions in there first for security and safety.

Calling the NRA terrorists because they do not agree with you, is just typical identity politics crap that has no basis in reality.
    I never called NRA terrorists.

- - - Updated - - -

Again this is another example of why the Gun control crowd loses so much. You either imply or say we Should be like OTHER countries. That simply does not fly with average Americans and just makes you look like you hate your country. A losing strategy
    No, other countries simply have better rules to Reduce Gun Violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    I don't know, and I don't care. The point is the NRA makes it easy for mass shooters to get their hands on weapons like the AR-15.

Yawn. Nobody is demonizing gun owners. Gun nuts, on the other hand, who fight tooth and nail against common-sense gun laws are being demonized, and rightfully so. The overwhelming majority of Americans (including most gun owners) support things like universal background checks, but we can't have them because of the gun nuts.
    Of course not. lol! Last time I checked, the NRA does not sell AR-15's.

I have no issue with universal gun background checks. The main issue is however, implementing them. We already have a system which at times fails because of someone not doing their damn job. We do not have them because it is hard to get all party members to agree on a successful way to implement them which at the same time is not too burdensome for a citizen to exercise a Constitutional right. It is not gun nuts keeping it from happening, it is Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is not gun nuts keeping it from happening, it is Congress.
    Then why do gun nuts keep on supporting an industry that Lobbies Congress?

Killing 2 and wounding 5 doesn't count as a mass shooting I guess? Need to KILL 4+, not SHOOT 4+?

Oh wait, does the family in 2014 count? No, probably not, we'll need to change mass shooting to something else.

The logic is faulty anyway, Australia didn't have a lot of mass shootings before the ban. You need enough people in a space to shoot before you can mass shoot them...

I do wonder how many mass killings by arson the USA has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but it isn't Hyperbole, I proved it with the Video.
    No you didn't. That is a very good video and spot on. Soft targets are the first targets mass shooters pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post

And what is a universal Background check? We have background checks and has been shown over and over again, The government is not able to even follow through with what we have. Creating more laws on top of the 20,000+ laws thatw e already have is not going to fix any thing. And your interpretation of "gun nuts" is anyone who does not agrree with your way of thinking. More hyperbole , over the top rhetoric and empty gun control propaganda. This is the problem the left has , they have few facts , they lie and distort and resort to trying to make policy by Feels. A losing strategy . I seriously doubt you know enough about Firearms, what the NRA really does to be even able to hold a intelligent conversation on the topic with out throwing out Bloomberg talking points.

The logic is faulty anyway
    That's because they put in an effort to Reduce Gun Violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are protectors of the Second Amendment. Nothing wrong with that and there are other organizations which also lobby for what they feel is important.

Why do climate change nuts keep supporting a industry that Lobbies Congress?