Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    NoOnEicOmInGFoRyOuRgUnS. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VsVreG...czddoiV05U_a00

- - - Updated - - -

With that video I just convinced 5 or 6 people on the fence to vote for Trump . They were Democrat gun owners
    OmbAmur Gunna takE OurrGunzzzz….

So now there is a new boogy man…. I guess.
    How long till you start worrying about FEMA camps again and asking for Biden's Birth Certificates.

Also I am sure those people were just being nice to get away from the convo
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    NoOnEicOmInGFoRyOuRgUnS. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VsVreG...czddoiV05U_a00

- - - Updated - - -

With that video I just convinced 5 or 6 people on the fence to vote for Trump . They were Democrat gun owners
    while i dont dispute your concerns of the authoritarian left wing trying to remove gun ownership in the us, that video of biden really isnt saying what you think it does.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    while i dont dispute your concerns of the authoritarian left wing trying to remove gun ownership in the us, that video of biden really isnt saying what you think it does.
    Curious what you think it means then?
    I'm really not sure why Biden pulled Beto "going to take your AR-15" back into the spotlight if not to highlight he wanted to go full anti-gun. Then to say Beto's in charge of the gun policy and then to say "if I win, I'm coming for 'em".

It's even weirder when you consider that Bloomberg has largely funded Everytown, which has done more for anti-gun causes than most of the democrat party. So if he's really anti-gun, why not just get Bloomberg, who was in the spotlight and just endorsed him, to join up for it? Why Beto?

It's like he wants to get the anti-gun vote, but isn't really cognizant of what that means or how to do it or anything.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Curious what you think it means then?
    I'm really not sure why Biden pulled Beto "going to take your AR-15" back into the spotlight if not to highlight he wanted to go full anti-gun. Then to say Beto's in charge of the gun policy and then to say "if I win, I'm coming for 'em".

It's even weirder when you consider that Bloomberg has largely funded Everytown, which has done more for anti-gun causes than most of the democrat party. So if he's really anti-gun, why not just get Bloomberg, who was in the spotlight and just endorsed him, to join up for it? Why Beto?

It's like he wants to get the anti-gun vote, but isn't really cognizant of what that means or how to do it or anything.
    naw he said "im just wanna warn Amy, if i win, im coming for him." he even motions to her with his hand while he says warn. he's talking Beto up before, it's a continuation of his praise.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Biden now owns "hell yes I'm going to take your AR-15" as if he'd said it himself. He'll never get the stink of it off.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    naw he said "im just wanna warn Amy, if i win, im coming for him." he even motions to her with his hand while he says warn. he's talking Beto up before, it's a continuation of his praise.
    Biden has already stated before, that if he is elected, he is coming for the AR-15's. This is going to stick to him as one of his campaign platforms during the election. And saying what he did to Beto, only reinforces his intentions on this subject. There is no other way to spin it. He voted for the ban during Clinton's term.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Biden has already stated before, that if he is elected, he is coming for the AR-15's. This is going to stick to him as one of his campaign platforms during the election. And saying what he did to Beto, only reinforces his intentions on this subject. There is no other way to spin it. He voted for the ban during Clinton's term.
    which is why i qualified the original statement as "while i dont dispute your concerns of the authoritarian left wing trying to remove gun ownership in the us" i know for a fact they want to take our guns. But the video does not have him stating as such outright and i won't pretend it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Still have my gun in NJ. They haven't come an taken it. Nothing has materially changed for me, despite what some crazies on NJ.com said when Murphy was elected with super majorities in both houses of the legislature.
    This mostly seems like an idiosyncratic result of you choosing firearms that fit their restrictions. For example, the ban on magazines over 10 rounds bans the majority of personal defense handguns. I'm not clear on whether the verbiage here would ban threaded barrels on hunting rifles:
    g. "Firearm silencer" means any instrument, attachment, weapon or appliance for causing the firing of any gun, revolver, pistol or other firearm to be silent, or intended to lessen or muffle the noise of the firing of any gun, revolver, pistol or other firearm.
    Either way, it definitely bans suppressors, which mostly seems like a way of antagonizing hobbyists. As I'm sure you know, putting a suppressor on a .308 isn't going to turn it into a quiet machine that just makes a little poof sound when fired - these accessories are mostly so people can spend more time at a range.

I guess it just seems weird to me to see a bunch of arbitrary restrictions going in around one of your core rights and saying, "no biggie, hasn't impacted me yet". This seems analogous to a state government banning publication of newspapers and having citizens say, "well I still feel like my speech is pretty free, I can still write things on the internet". Sure, that's true, but you should be pretty concerned that they're just blatantly ignoring what's supposed to be an inalienable right.

10+ Year Old Account
    which is why i qualified the original statement as "while i dont dispute your concerns of the authoritarian left wing trying to remove gun ownership in the us" i know for a fact they want to take our guns. But the video does not have him stating as such outright and i won't pretend it does.
    The video is clear. He will come for Beto, to be in a position in his cabinet, to help him push for more gun control. Which part of it is to confiscate owner's AR-15's if he can. This interview is what I was referring to.

Also in this video, he says there is no legal way they can come knock on your door and confiscate your weapons. Which he is wrong there. Some red flag laws already demonstrate the local government can under the disguise of protecting the owner and others do just that.

And a buy back program to get AR-15's off the streets? Would that work out like the one did in Baltimore? Where owners of handguns, turned in junk, crappy ones in order to help pay for much better ones?
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-03-05 at 02:19 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The video is clear. He will come for Beto, to be in a position in his cabinet, to help him push for more gun control. Which part of it is to confiscate owner's AR-15's if he can. This interview is what I was referring to.

Also in this video, he says there is no legal way they can come knock on your door and confiscate your weapons. Which he is wrong there. Some red flag laws already demonstrate the local government can under the disguise of protecting the owner and others do just that.

And a buy back program to get AR-15's off the streets? Would that work out like the one did in Baltimore? Where owners of handguns, turned in junk, crappy ones in order to help pay for much better ones?
    right, so we are talking about two diff vids and my comments on the other one have no relations to my opinions on this one. The video i commented on is under the premise of joe saying hes coming for our guns, he did not say that out right. that's what i am contesting. which i made clear. twice now.

10+ Year Old Account
    right, so we are talking about two diff vids and my comments on the other one have no relations to my opinions on this one. The video i commented on is under the premise of joe saying hes coming for our guns, he did not say that out right. that's what i am contesting. which i made clear. twice now.
    Yes you did. But it is connected to the video you are referring to. The reason why he is going to come for Beto to help him.

Sure, I can see that. I still don't know why he tracked down Beto though. Did Biden just forget that Beto had dropped out so long ago?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Sure, I can see that. I still don't know why he tracked down Beto though. Did Biden just forget that Beto had dropped out so long ago?
    idk either, my guess is joe was told to go and do a public stunt with him, usual political pandering.

Beto is mainly known for 2 things, swearing and saying Hell yes we're going to take your guns. Biden points to him saying Beto saying he can help change what we're doing with assault weapons and you don't think that means anything?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Beto is mainly known for 2 things, swearing and saying Hell yes we're going to take your guns. Biden points to him saying Beto saying he can help change what we're doing with assault weapons and you don't think that means anything?
    Zenkai, i hate misrepresentation of folks. I don't like trump i never have but i speak out against those here that misresent him and his actions. the same as i do when i am misrepresented, the same i will do for biden here. I find it cheap. There are plenty of videos, like the one you showed, were one need not lie about what was said to get the point across that dems would like to disarm the US pop. Good luck to them, because when that day comes america will be once again in civil war.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was a really good video of how a firearm is a equalizer and for some people, a vital tool for self defense....

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was a really good video of how a firearm is a equalizer and for some people, a vital tool for self defense....

Oh great, a video with feels before facts, sweet, just what we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Oh great, a video with feels before facts, sweet, just what we need.
    Fact: The police in the US are not obligated to protect you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Fact: The police in the US are not obligated to protect you.
    Yeah, it's funny though that they plaster "protect and serve" all over their stuff.

Talking sanity with some of you guys is a lost cause, you'd rather spent money on arms, ammunition, and courses instead of fixing the broken ass system.

Seriously, the chances that the 2nd amendment gets changed via state majority vote is non-existent and you have a supreme court stacked in your favor, yet it seems to be the only thing you care about. That is truly insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, it's funny though that they plaster "protect and serve" all over their stuff.

Talking sanity with some of you guys is a lost cause, you'd rather spent money on arms, ammunition, and courses instead of fixing the broken ass system.

Seriously, the chances that the 2nd amendment gets changed via state majority vote is non-existent and you have a supreme court stacked in your favor, yet it seems to be the only thing you care about. That is truly insane.
    Not really the right to arm yourself is a powerful law with real consequences if it is stripped from you. Just look at the french riots to see the effects in a first world democratic country.

It's one of those things like free speech were you only become aware of its importance in its absence.