Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    The first guy killed was a registered sex offender, for a sex crime involving a minor. Should we just give him benefit of the doubt too?

2nd guy killed has a criminal history that includes charges of battery & repeat domestic abuse.

3rd guy shot was filmed chasing after the teen w/a pistol. He has a criminal record that includes being intoxicated & armed w/a gun.
    Well shit, I have a dwi when I was 18 I guess I am fucked since now people have the right to just murder me....sigh

Its insane that here we are 2800 pages of people talking about 2A owners being good guys who are there to stop someone from committing crimes...

then when two guys chase after someone who just committed a crime....you guys side with the criminal??

So which is it do you want people actively involved in being allowed to stop criminals or not?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The fuck does a past of being drunk before have to do with now? Like if you are drunk once are you drunk for the rest of your life?

Sex offender... 18 years ago... when he was 18 at a time where 14 year olds were arrested for taking pictures of themselves... and charged with sex crimes.

I mean 18 and 17 year olds could be charged back then

"But they did crime in the past therefore it is okay to kill them"

That's not how the world or law works... why are you trying to say it is good they died?
    Look at the context of the quote im replying to... Same stupid logic. I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Well shit, I have a dwi when I was 18 I guess I am fucked since now people have the right to just murder me....sigh
    Is that what i said?
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

When murders like this happen some people are going to immediately start looking for excuses on how the victim deserved to be murdered.

Kind of reminds me on how insurance companies used to pull women's coverage when they had a big bill coming because the woman had an unreported yeast infection from decades prior.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Two reasons, one we have seen the videos unlike you, and know that he was attacked in both cases.

And secondly, you are notorious on MMO champion for being a liar, so nobody takes you seriously.
    Look at you defending a criminal, let's remember that the next time someone acts in self-defense while being a convicted felon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

This NYT reporter breaks down the initial events quite well.

https://twitter.com/trbrtc/status/1298840368478326785

At 23:19, Rittenhouse is seen in this YouTube livestream. He's being chased into a parking lot. While he is being pursued, an unknown gunman fires the first shot into the air.

Rittenhouse turns toward the sound of the gunfire as another pursuer lunges toward him. He then fires four times with his assault rifle, and appears to shoot the man in the head.
    Edit: Same info but not Twitter format
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/u...ing-video.html
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2020-08-27 at 10:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This NYT reporter breaks down the initial events quite well.

https://twitter.com/trbrtc/status/1298840368478326785
    Yeah? Does he also break down all the crimes Rittenhouse committed to getting there in the first place or do we continue to ignore that because it's really inconvenient to cheer for illegal gun owners?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah? Does he also break down all the crimes Rittenhouse committed to getting there in the first place or do we continue to ignore that because it's really inconvenient to cheer for illegal gun owners?
    He should be charged for that. The point is irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    He should be charged for that. The point is irrelevant.
    Interesting, so the things that lead to the situation are irrelevant unless they aren't?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    This rifle looks fun.

Lol! For sure. I have never shot one of those. The closest I guess would be the .50 cal machine gun, mounted on the outside of the turret of the M48A2 tank. I had to shoot it on a regular schedule. Being a tank crewman. It was a ton of fun to shoot.

I noticed Rural King has 1870's era Gatling guns for sale. $13,000. *cough.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! For sure. I have never shot one of those. The closest I guess would be the .50 cal machine gun, mounted on the outside of the turret of the M48A2 tank. I had to shoot it on a regular schedule. Being a tank crewman. It was a ton of fun to shoot.

I noticed Rural King has 1870's era Gatling guns for sale. $13,000. *cough.
    I kind of want one of these for funsies. Unfortunately I don't have $10k disposable income.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quickly let's talk about guns again, not about illegal gun owners killing people!

This thread sometimes, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    really Daniel Shaver wasn't Important? is that why BLM came out for him while there detractors didn't?
    https://www.nola.com/opinions/articl...9feacacf2.html
    How much press did you see about the shooting? It was news for a day or two, then rolled off the front page. Hell, your links even back that, pointing out how little it was covered even if they use it as a rebuke of All Lives Matter. Same with the Tony Timpa stuff. It got mentioned, then forgotten. It's the old joke about dog bites man not worth covering, but man bites dog!

The real acceptable Number is zero, if officers can't stick to that number then they should never be on the force in the first place.
    Hey, I'm waiting for the flawless AI as much as anybody, but it's not realistic to believe humans won't make mistakes.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Interesting, so the things that lead to the situation are irrelevant unless they aren't?
    He means, illegally open carrying as a minor does not in any way or context nullify the availability of justifiable deadly force defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    He means, illegally open carrying as a minor does not in any way or context nullify the availability of justifiable deadly force defense.
    Newp but illegally trafficking a weapon across state lines looking for a fight sure as heck does.

Carrying water for people like this is why nobody believes a word of the "responsible gun owner" crap 2A advocates are fond of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quickly let's talk about guns again, not about illegal gun owners killing people!

This thread sometimes, seriously.
    Yep. It's not a Gun Control thread, it's an avoid talking about gun control while stanning firearm manufacturers thread.

It's kind of like being a Gundam fan in that you find a war criminal to stan at the start of the series and then stick with it; except in this case you pick one hella anachronistic principle from the 18th century primarily invented to buttress slaveowning and stick with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Look at you defending a criminal, let's remember that the next time someone acts in self-defense while being a convicted felon.
    You hoplophobes are getting sadder every day, in case you haven't noticed, you dont get to decide who is a criminal or a convicted felon. Of course given your immense arrogance this point will likely sail right past you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

Yep. It's not a Gun Control thread, it's an avoid talking about gun control while stanning firearm manufacturers thread.

It's kind of like being a Gundam fan in that you find a war criminal to stan at the start of the series and then stick with it; except in this case you pick one hella anachronistic principle from the 18th century primarily invented to buttress slaveowning and stick with it.
    I like how you mix complete ignorance with certainty...
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you mix complete ignorance with certainty...
    Is this the part where I get called a hoplophobe despite being a registered gun owner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    You hoplophobes are getting sadder every day, in case you haven't noticed, you dont get to decide who is a criminal or a convicted felon. Of course given your immense arrogance this point will likely sail right past you.
    I don't have to decide who is a convicted felon, that's kind of implicated in the term. No, I just go by the charges that leave little wiggle room, unless of course he somehow becomes older and presents IDs for the stuff, but I doubt that.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I kind of want one of these for funsies. Unfortunately I don't have $10k disposable income.
    I have the money if I wanted to buy it. But I can not think of a single toy I would spend 10k on, which other than being fun, has no other practical use.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Newp but illegally trafficking a weapon across state lines looking for a fight sure as heck does.
    LEGAL NARRATOR: It did not, in fact, have anything to do with the available self-defense claim. A defendant could literally steal a gun off a cop's waist band illegally and still legally defend himself with it against an attacking third party. If a serial killer is trying to kidnap a drug dealer's child and the drug dealer uses an illegal owned full auto Tec 9 to kill the kidnapper and it would be a justifiable use of deadly force, even if he'd be charged for the illegal weapon. The legality of the weapon used to defend oneself is zero factor to the validity of the defense.

BTW, I have no problem with charging the kid on the statutory crimes about possessing the firearm. These are things that should not be crimes, but we still have to follow the laws that ought not exist. But he's not getting convicted of murder, because that's not what the facts support.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2020-08-28 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    A defendant could literally steal a gun off a cop's waist band illegally and still legally defend himself with it against an attacking third party.
    Citation needed*