Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    You didn't read the article did you? They had already tried to force "the man" out the official way. Sometimes you must claim your future through force.
    Yes clearly when the justice department doesn't get the findings the locals want they should use guns to get their way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I seriously just come back to find people arguing against the battle of Athens? All of my wat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Did I seriously just come back to find people arguing against the battle of Athens? All of my wat.
    There have been cases of veterans making less-than-democratic takeovers in fashions similar to the battle of Athens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    There have been cases of veterans making less-than-democratic takeovers in fashions similar to the battle of Athens.
    This was a time when Tennessee was a largely lawless and undeveloped area. Hence why the Federal government created the TVA to bring it up to speed with the rest of the country. So we've got a small group of people rigging elections, and a state government that honestly doesn't give 2 fucks about it. What were the people supposed to do? Just live with it?

This was a time when Tennessee was a largely lawless and undeveloped area. Hence why the Federal government created the TVA to bring it up to speed with the rest of the country. So we've got a small group of people rigging elections, and a state government that honestly doesn't give 2 fucks about it. What were the people supposed to do? Just live with it?
    Who the fuck cares? It has no relevance to today.

Seems like Piers Morgan is twisting the truth a bit

http://www.theendrun.com/larry-pratt...e-stats-a-sham

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    Right; you just demagogue the opposing side by neglecting to report those who make yours seem marginally crazier.
    This is total and complete BS. Just because I did not link article about women shooting someone breaking in her house. Because it took place inside a house. It was self defense. That is not even remotely related to the thread. Mine however was related directly to thread. In it he spoke about what this thread contains.

Again killing someone breaking in your place. Is NOT affected by this law.

Him talking about killing people if the law was passed is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    How should I know? I came back to see you and a few others arguing against the outcome of the battle, so I would assume you care. You did express an opinion on it, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    This is total and complete BS. Just because I did not link article about women shooting someone breaking in her house. Because it took place inside a house. It was self defense. That is not even remotely related to the thread. Mine however was related directly to thread. In it he spoke about what this thread contains.

Again killing someone breaking in your place. Is NOT affected by this law.

Him talking about killing people if the law was passed is.
    I was talking about the anti-gun thread on Facebook that mocked the producer of FPS Russia because he was shot in the head by a murderer. There were a lot of mean comments.

I was talking about the anti-gun thread on Facebook that mocked the producer of FPS Russia because he was shot in the head by a murderer. There were a lot of mean comments.
    How does a facebook page mocking someone who was shot by a weapon. Related to the assault weapons ban. Its not. Its not even a little. Because mocking someone over head shot. Is not related to the passing of this law. Mean comments also are not related at all. Only purpose if any shows some people made fun of them. Thats the whole story.

How exactly is that relate even slightly to this bill. My post however was directly related to it. He mentioned this bill and murdering people. I'd say that is dead on being related. Your comment is just..mocking a gun death. While horrible is not related to this law.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it disturbing that he was shot with such a large arsenal in his collection. I'm not going to go out of my way to find this discussion you're referring to, but if there are people using this to advance a point or insult the man, I hope karma gives them a swift boot up the ass.

How does a facebook page mocking someone who was shot by a weapon. Related to the assault weapons ban. Its not. Its not even a little. Because mocking someone over head shot. Is not related to the passing of this law. Mean comments also are not related at all. Only purpose if any shows some people made fun of them. Thats the whole story.

How exactly is that relate even slightly to this bill. My post however was directly related to it. He mentioned this bill and murdering people. I'd say that is dead on being related. Your comment is just..mocking a gun death. While horrible is not related to this law.

The guy who was killed was popular on YouTube (he was responsible for a top 10 channel) and was vocally against the ban. The horde of anti-gunners on Facebook thought it was appropriate to denigrate the dead man by throwing various snarky comments

How should I know? I came back to see you and a few others arguing against the outcome of the battle, so I would assume you care. You did express an opinion on it, after all.
    I'm arguing against a bunch of people with guns overthrowing a government in America and see no relevance between that event and modern times.

The guy who was killed was popular on YouTube (he was responsible for a top 10 channel) and was vocally against the ban. The horde of anti-gunners on Facebook thought it was appropriate to denigrate the dead man by throwing various snarky comments
    Comments against someone who was shot. (not related to the ban) because he was against it. (the gunshot not from someone who was for the ban). Is a bad thing However facebook comments does not relate to a man actively talking about killing people if the law is passed. They are more then worlds apart. Its two separate topics.

It is NOT related unless gunshot was someone who hated his views of banning it. Highly unlikely since the person likely Gun Owner as well who was against the ban. You see not related. I just wish instead sarcastic vague comments about I'm not posting that kind of news is somehow even on the same page.
    At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Your historical frame of reference pretty much cuts off at your last bowel movement, so pardon me if I take a dim view of what you think of as the cut off for 'relevance to today.'
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    Your historical frame of reference pretty much cuts off at your last bowel movement, so pardon me if I take a dim view of what you think of as the cut off for 'relevance to today.'
    Really? You think that the same situation at all realistically possible today?

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I have to agree somewhat. I can understand trying to compare items that item A: matters and it is relevance today. The fact when someone does not agree. You cut them off from being even remotely smart just because they point out what is inaccurate. For example. A man being shot for an unknown reason against a bill.

Does not mean a man who is threatening for there to be civil war with threats of shooting down the Gov in a sea of bullets is equal to someone making comments on someones facebook. Indeed who does care when one lone gunmen says he will take up arms. Easier to erase him then actually admit their is a problem. Because no one in this thread believes somewhat what they claim about they trying take your weapons away.

Least if they do its not to an extreme. When I first posted the article. I got a loud WHO CARES from gun touting Pro Gun people. Yet somehow people care about mean comments online. It makes no sense only way explain is much like those who aruge for gun control easier to discredit them as uneducated then admit their is a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a very sad day.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

This by far is the biggest waste of money. More guns is not the answer. Making every teacher having a weapon is not the solution. All someone has do is steal it and you've given the weapon to kill people. Using Tax Payer money. Might as well just donate to NRA directly.

David Dewhurst, Texas Lieutenant Governor, Calls For State-Funded Weapons Training For Teachers

AUSTIN, Texas — Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst called Friday for state-funded, specialized firearms training for teachers and administrators to guard against school shootings.

Dewhurst, a Republican, said school districts would nominate who they wanted to carry weapons on campus. The training would be more extensive than what is currently required for a Texas concealed handgun license and include how to react in an active shooter situation.

"God forbid we should have an active shooter crisis in our schools," Dewhurst said.

His proposal came in the aftermath of last month's mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., where a gunman slaughtered 20 children and six adults before killing himself. Vice President Joe Biden has been meeting with groups this week to develop policy recommendations on how to prevent such tragedies.

The National Rifle Association has called for armed guards in every school in America and rejected any further restrictions on gun purchases or ownership.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2458527.html

This by far is the biggest waste of money. More guns is not the answer. Making every teacher having a weapon is not the solution. All someone has do is steal it and you've given the weapon to kill people. Using Tax Payer money. Might as well just donate to NRA directly.

David Dewhurst, Texas Lieutenant Governor, Calls For State-Funded Weapons Training For Teachers

AUSTIN, Texas — Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst called Friday for state-funded, specialized firearms training for teachers and administrators to guard against school shootings.

Dewhurst, a Republican, said school districts would nominate who they wanted to carry weapons on campus. The training would be more extensive than what is currently required for a Texas concealed handgun license and include how to react in an active shooter situation.

"God forbid we should have an active shooter crisis in our schools," Dewhurst said.

His proposal came in the aftermath of last month's mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., where a gunman slaughtered 20 children and six adults before killing himself. Vice President Joe Biden has been meeting with groups this week to develop policy recommendations on how to prevent such tragedies.

The National Rifle Association has called for armed guards in every school in America and rejected any further restrictions on gun purchases or ownership.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2458527.html
    You're right. The best thing we can do is to make sure the teachers cannot defend themselves and their students from a mad man in their school. If they cannot barricade themselves behind something in time then what happens just happens right? Since guns are never the answer, and someone from the NRA thinks its a good idea, we can't put a police officer in every school because that could cost money and guns are icky.

We'll just keep doing what we have been doing. Blame law abiding people with no connection to the crime and try to strip them of their property and rights.