Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    500,000 guns are stolen each year from "responsible" gun owners. I hold them liable for not safely storing and securing their firearms. Gun owners need to go through yearly safety course and mental health evaluation with cross references with their family's mental history.
    What the hell? Why should your family's mental history be relevant to your gun purchase? The background check should be based on criminal history.

And yearly safety courses? What the flying fuck? How fucking expensive wouldn't that be.

10+ Year Old Account
    500,000 guns are stolen each year from "responsible" gun owners. I hold them liable for not safely storing and securing their firearms. Gun owners need to go through yearly safety course and mental health evaluation with cross references with their family's mental history.
    Good luck with getting access to everyone's medical records to 'cross-reference' them, the ALCU and the left will shit all over your plan faster than you can say 'Mary Poppins'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    What the hell? Why should your family's mental history be relevant to your gun purchase? The background check should be based on criminal history.

And yearly safety courses? What the flying fuck? How fucking expensive wouldn't that be.
    because your family might have a history of Adam Lanza.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Good luck with getting access to everyone's medical records to 'cross-reference' them, the ALCU and the left will shit all over your plan faster than you can say 'Mary Poppins'
    Forget left / right. EVERYONE in government should shit all over that idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    We can write an executive order that give the Health and Human Services supreme discretion over everyone's mental health portfolios. Cross reference that with the FBI, INTERPOL, and ATF databases and we got ourselves a comprehensive gun control network.

Deleted
    because your family might have a history of Adam Lanza.
    Why should that matter? If one of my parents suffer from schizophrenia, should I not be able to buy a gun? If my child is retarded, should I not be able to buy a gun? Why should the government poke around my medical records because my brother wants to buy a gun?

And did Adam Lanza even have some mental condition that authorities could reasonably have known of?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    Responsible gun owners are not the ones killing people. If you have guns, and no safe you are irresponsible. I have several...several firearms. The $2600 i spent on a safe is a negligible amount of money. As a gun owner...it really bothers me to see the amount of money people spend on firearms, accessories, and ammunition yet not buy a safe.

I cannot agree on the mental health eval, that is not only complete bullshit but a huge waste of money to a country already in debt. If you have your firearms locked up then there is no need. If Adam Lanzas mother (if this is the story you actually want to believe) had her firearms locked up, it would not have happened (at least not the way the media told us it happened...yea...i have some questions about sandy hook but conspiracies are not allowed here)
    I am glad you have a safe, you are truly in the minority of gun owners. The mental health evaluation, and the stigma in mental health in this country needs to be addressed head on. Mentally ill people with psycho-social tendencies should not be given rights

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 07:56 PM ----------

Why should that matter? If one of my parents suffer from schizophrenia, should I not be able to buy a gun? If my child is retarded, should I not be able to buy a gun? Why should the government poke around my medical records because my brother wants to buy a gun?

And did Adam Lanza even have some mental condition that authorities could reasonably have known of?
    Because your brother and/or you can develop the disability and acquire the weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Forget left / right. EVERYONE in government should shit all over that idea.
    That too, but certainly the ALCU will have a field day with it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:01 PM ----------

We can write an executive order that give the Health and Human Services supreme discretion over everyone's mental health portfolios. Cross reference that with the FBI, INTERPOL, and ATF databases and we got ourselves a comprehensive gun control network.
    Keep thinking that wont get bitch slapped out of existence by the 9 black robes.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Because your brother and/or you can develop the disability and acquire the weapon.
    Anyone who knows I have a gun can acquire the weapon and use it for crime. If I'm responsible I have them in a safe place where they can't easily access them anyway.

Dude, your ideas just suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    And so could a million people with no family history.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

10+ Year Old Account

Actually, Yes, he did... His mother was trying to have him committed, however, the CT court system was making it quite difficult, and he found out about her attempt to have him institutionalized, and that was most likely the trigger that led him to kill her and her the students at the school she was volunteering at.

15+ Year Old Account
    That too, but certainly the ALCU will have a field day with it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:01 PM ----------

Keep thinking that wont get bitch slapped out of existence by the 9 black robes.
    The president then could suspend the supreme court and the congress to push for these reforms.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    And so could a million people with no family history.
    Not if the weapons are secured, like Vaees. Most people probably keep their weapons in an area a potential burglar could find within seconds.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 08:08 PM ----------

Anyone who knows I have a gun can acquire the weapon and use it for crime. If I'm responsible I have them in a safe place where they can't easily access them anyway.

Dude, your ideas just suck.
    Why would you tell people you own a firearm? It should be private. Sorry I don't think mentally ill people should be given the same rights as you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The president then could suspend the supreme court and the congress to push for these reforms.
    You are joking, right? What you are suggesting is that he abandon any veneer of being president and just move right into being a dictator and force his will on the populace?

15+ Year Old Account
    You are joking, right? What you are suggesting is that he abandon any veneer of being president and just move right into being a dictator and force his will on the populace?
    Isn't that what you are wanting to hear? Haha, just kidding, none of the proposed ideas will happen. There probably won't be even any more stringent background checks, more weapons will be stolen from reckless gun owners, more blacks and kindergardeners will be shot, and we will all get to see American Idol together.

10+ Year Old Account

WTF?! Have you lost your fucking mind? That is exactly what the 2nd amendment is for.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2013-01-14 at 08:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    WTF?! Have you lost your fucking mind?
    Haha, no, it was a joke, but it would be even funnier if he did do that and then watch all the gun owners try to "form" a militia against the most sophisticated military in the world with nuclear warheads, F-22 raptors, warthogs, bunker busters, submarines, aircraft carriers, M1-Abrams, Bradley fighting vehicles, Urban Assault vehicles, EMP detonators, drones.

2nd amendment won't save you from a tyrannical government. Keep your bear arms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    I cannot agree on the mental health eval, that is not only complete bullshit but a huge waste of money to a country already in debt.
    Spend a few minutes on the psychology of the human brain and you'll change your mind. It's not only mental health but also aggression, motives, and the state-of-mind a human is in.

Take a man with a bad temper and put something (say, a car with loud music blasting) in his way and with nothing to get his hands on, he'll curse the earth or bite his tongue. Now put a baseball bat in his trunk and he is more likely to grab it and bust the other guys tail lights out (or window) than he is to bite his tongue. Same story, but this time he has a gun in his glove box.... you know where the story is going.

My point is that our human history is filled with aggressive behavior that we cannot always control and if we're motivated or reach a state of mind where we "have" to harm someone to get back at them then we will find a threatening object (aka a weapon) to do so. It started with a rock, evolved into a sword and arrow, then a dart, and now a gun.

So what needs to be proposed is a gun license law that requires you to have a yearly renewal that requires a psych evaluation and a revoke of the license if they fail the test, are not on their meds, or are convicted/arrested for anything, like battery or assault. Losing your license, therefore, means your weapons will be ceased by the state and if you are found to own, or be in possession of a weapon, without a license or while you're on probation you will be arrested and fined. If you want your weapons back you have to have medical proof, pay your fees to get the weapons back, have your renewal accepted by the state, then pay a license fee (just like DUI's have too), and finally you have to have proof of responisbility (like u said, a weapons locker)
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2013-01-14 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that what you are wanting to hear? Haha, just kidding, none of the proposed ideas will happen. There probably won't be even any more stringent background checks, more weapons will be stolen from reckless gun owners, more blacks and kindergardeners will be shot, and we will all get to see American Idol together.
    I agree with background checks, nothing wrong with them; responsible gun owners DO have their guns secured (maybe better education for the not so responsible is an idea); Black on Black crime wont be solved with gun bans (Chicago, sir); And what is this 'American Idol' of which you speak?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, no, it was a joke, but it would be even funnier if he did do that and then watch all the gun owners try to "form" a militia against the most sophisticated military in the world with nuclear warheads, F-22 raptors, warthogs, bunker busters, submarines, aircraft carriers, M1-Abrams, Bradley fighting vehicles, Urban Assault vehicles, EMP detonators, drones.

I think its even funnier that you think American service men would open fire on their own people. Marines are Americans.

you are assuming said military would also be on board with a full scale martial law attack on u.s. citizens. Come on, have more faith in them than that. You have no obligation to exercise and unconstitutional order.

You are also assuming they would just risk leveling cities. It would be a ground war, gun to gun. But still, i have some faith the military would stand against them.