Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Fear is not always a bad thing you know? It can help make you become better prepared to face a encounter. I only consider fear to be out of control if it interferes with your daily activities to the degree you can not enjoy yourself. Like keeping you awake all night. I sleep very well ( in fact better ) knowing if my home is invaded by thugs, I am better prepared to defend my wife and myself.
    it´s not knowing, it´s guessing

you guess you are better prepared

but it´s a convenient lie if you have to fear for something like home intrusion happening, so i see your point
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    As a matter of fact I do have an epi pen. You never know right?
    Oh, sure you do. How'd you get the prescription? Someone must have a bad allergy, and you didn't state that. You just said "never know right?" Sounds like you're lying. Possession of prescription drugs without a prescription is illegal.

As for anti-venom, that's just silly. You do know there isn't just one anti-venom right? And even if I had some, and gave my boys the wrong kind because I got the kind of snake wrong, it could kill them. You know that right? Or are you trying to over exaggerate this situation?
    I'm not exaggerating. Just trying to protect your family from every source of danger, no matter how unlikely. God forbid someone trying to care for their wife and kids, right?

Get over that it's a fear thing. Being pro active to protect yourself isn't fear.
    You can shape it any way you'd like. The fact that you're carrying around a dangerous weapon because of the extremely small chance that someone tries to assassinate you in public, is completely based in fear.
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The examples i gave are all items that can protect you from something just as a gun can, yet you describe fear to the use of one, yet not the other. Why?
    because we´ve yet to see anything that promotes carrying guns for safety measures

dispite anecdotals
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I live in a world where people advocate for nationwide gun registration but own unregistered guns.
    "I'll register my guns if it becomes law, but since I don't have to now, why should I?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    The examples i gave are all items that can protect you from something just as a gun can, yet you describe fear to the use of one, yet not the other. Why?
    Why else would someone carry around a dangerous item if not for fear?

Vaccines aren't dangerous. Fire extinguishers aren't dangerous. Seat belts aren't dangerous. Firearms are dangerous.

Multiple studies have shown that firearms are more likely to be used against the individuals that own said firearm (Source1, Source2, Source3).

Why are people willingly subjecting themselves to danger and dangerous items, if not for fear?
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Fear is not always a bad thing you know? It can help make you become better prepared to face a encounter. I only consider fear to be out of control if it interferes with your daily activities to the degree you can not enjoy yourself. Like keeping you awake all night. I sleep very well ( in fact better ) knowing if my home is invaded by thugs, I am better prepared to defend my wife and myself.
    Do you also fear nuclear war and prep like one of those idiotic doomsday preppers that are on television? Fact is that because you have this "fear" thousands of people die every year, due to lack of gun control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Oh, sure you do. How'd you get the prescription? Someone must have a bad allergy, and you didn't state that. You just said "never know right?" Sounds like you're lying. Possession of prescription drugs without a prescription is illegal.

I'm not exaggerating. Just trying to protect your family from every source of danger, no matter how unlikely. God forbid someone trying to care for their wife and kids, right?

You can shape it any way you'd like. The fact that you're carrying around a dangerous weapon because of the extremely small chance that someone tries to assassinate you in public, is completely based in fear.
    The allergies my kids may or may not have is none of your business yeah? But just so you know I'm not carrying it illegally. That would be illegal!!!

Yes and I can just get my hands on 10+ different anti venoms. /sarcasm

The weapon itself isn't dangerous. Quit thinking that. It's silly. It's irresponsible people and bad people that make a weapon dangerous. A gun by itself is no more dangerous then an axe by itself. But I can guarantee that if I wanted to I could some serious damage with an axe.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    because we´ve yet to see anything that promotes carrying guns for safety measures

dispite anecdotals
    Really? Im pretty certain when any Government officials goes anywhere, their safety measures include arm security. I guess they are just fear mongers out to cause crime.

Please respond with how they are more important then the peasants and need the Security to do their job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really? Im pretty certain when any Government officials goes anywhere, their safety measures include arm security. I guess they are just fear mongers out to cause crime.

Please respond with how they are more important then the peasants and need the Security to do their job.
    please tell me how many presidents where shot in the US... they are it seems by a few loons seen as a worthy target

but for you, i was talking about average people, not a few thousend out of 300+ million

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I live in a world where people advocate for nationwide gun registration but own unregistered guns.
    you can´t advocate for something unless you´re doing it as an example

now every gay marriage advocate get married to your same sex best friend or else you´re a hypocrite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    The weapon itself isn't dangerous. Quit thinking that. It's silly.
    Really? Firearms aren't dangerous? What are the first 4 rules of handling a firearm?

Always keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction. Treat every firearm as if it's loaded. Never put your finger on the trigger unless you're prepared to fire. Always be sure of your target and what's behind it.

Why the fuck do I have to treat every single firearm like that if it's not dangerous?
    Eat yo vegetables

Vaccines aren't dangerous. Fire extinguishers aren't dangerous. Seat belts aren't dangerous. Firearms are dangerous.

Multiple studies have shown that firearms are more likely to be used against the individuals that own said firearm (Source1, Source2, Source3).

Why are people willingly subjecting themselves to danger and dangerous items, if not for fear?
    Fire is a dangerous tool that we use daily.
    Gas is a dangerous tool that we use daily.
    Cars and trucks are dangerous tools we use daily.

Yeah it seems to me that lots of things we use are dangerous and can kill people, yet your obsession with one tool is blinding you to it. My former partner who i installed DTV dishes with died because his RV's heater cut off but keep pushing out propane while he was sleeping. He died of CO poisoning. Sounds like a dangerous tool, yet there in every RV made.

This is what we do, we make tools that are DANGEROUS when used incorrectly yet extremely beatifically when used properly. You are focusing on the one that in the lime light, but the human mind made them all, and can turn them all into weapons in one fashion or another.

now every gay marriage advocate get married to your same sex best friend or else you´re a hypocrite
    False equivalency, away!
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

please tell me how many presidents where shot in the US... they are it seems by a few loons seen as a worthy target

but for you, i was talking about average people, not a few thousend out of 300+ million

- - - Updated - - -

Well by the logic and studies being put up here, its the Armed security of those Gov officials that caused the violence, if only there were no guns anywhere right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Firearms aren't dangerous? What are the first 4 rules of handling a firearm?

Always keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction. Treat every firearm as if it's loaded. Never put your finger on the trigger unless you're prepared to fire. Always be sure of your target and what's behind it.

Why the fuck do I have to treat every single firearm like that if it's not dangerous?
    Because they can hurt someone if they aren't careful. Just like an axe or sword or knife can hurt you or someone else if you aren't careful.

Weapons are as dangerous as the person using it. Plain and simple. A car is not inherently dangerous, but can cause serious harm if the driver is an idiot or out to hurt someone.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Go get you immunization shot, for fear.

Go put on your seat belt, for fear.

Go put a smoke alarm in your house, for fear.

Go out and buy that car that drives itself, for fear.
    Except none of these things actually have a higher chance to hurt you more than they help. Facts don't lie, but gunners just don't want to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Except none of these things actually have a higher chance to hurt you more than they help.
    Said it before but ill say it again. They were brought up because Pre911 said guns were used out of fear of something. The examples i gave are all items that can protect you from something just as a gun can, yet you describe fear to the use of one, yet not the other. Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the eff does the USDA need submachine guns with 30 round capacity? In case they need to unload on some unruly crops?

It's those damn militia (read: domestic terrorist)-backed cattle ranchers again. But seriously who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    It's those damn militia (read: domestic terrorist)-backed cattle ranchers again. But seriously who knows.
    Looks like a great excuse to "cancel" the American Spring.

"The gubmint has better arms, run away!"

See you are placing fear on an action when the term is really reasoned cation. You know that there is a chance for fire so you use a smoke detector, you know there is a chance for catching a pathogen so you immunize yourself, you know how helpful a seat belt can be in a car accident, so you use it. Like wise many people know how a gun is a deterrent and use it as well. Seat belts can kill you when under water, smoke alarms can fail, and there ARE cases of immunized persons getting sick from the very pathogens they are trying to prevent. But yes lets ignore all this to push an agenda because YOU fear guns.