Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    A gun-store owner and his son were killed in a shootout with two customers after an argument over a $25 firearm repair fee.

An armed society is a polite society. Except when $25 is on the line. Then it's the Wild West.
    Eat yo vegetables

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have any charges been filed? Makes me wonder if there is more to the story.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Have any charges been filed? Makes me wonder if there is more to the story.
    Well, one of two sides is certainly at fault, and either two people will be getting murder charges, or two people defended themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe made a deal today to reverse the plan set forth by his Attorney General Mark Herring to end the concealed carry reciprocity in Virginia.

Predictably, gun control groups are pissed. I expect many blood-in-the-streets predictions forthwith.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe made a deal today to reverse the plan set forth by his Attorney General Mark Herring to end the concealed carry reciprocity in Virginia.

Predictably, gun control groups are pissed. I expect many blood-in-the-streets predictions forthwith.
    I never understand what the purpose was.
    I always found it hilarious how a permit from WA isn't recognized in CA, when the latter has murder rates twice as high.

As someone from Europe I only wish we could own guns as freely as you guys can in the US. I'm sorry to say if you are american and pro gun control / against the 2nd amendement you are a disgrace to your country.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    When politicians claim the Australian method of gun control is worth looking at...

A MAN(sic) who kept an arsenal of fake guns in his inner-city apartment is facing a potential prison sentence of five years.

Military enthusiast Corey Harrison, 27, has not formally entered a plea to a number of charges, including nine counts of possessing realistic Airsoft rifles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furyfire View Post
    As someone from Europe I only wish we could own guns as freely as you guys can in the US. I'm sorry to say if you are american and pro gun control / against the 2nd amendement you are a disgrace to your country.
    What country are you from? Because as someone from Europe, i could own a gun almost as easily as americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    When politicians claim the Australian method of gun control is worth looking at...
    Well it is a sad story, but not really surprising. After all the anti-gunners in the USA would not simply quit after succeeding in banning all the real firearms. Seems to be the same case here, they need to show some activity to keep those donations coming in...

And Australia is far from the only country banning basically harmless air soft rifles and some countries also ban paint-ball guns for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

I still don't own a gun. I plan to, but never felt the rush to.

Each time people talk about gun restrictions o feel a sudden need to get a gun before it's too late. I hope they realize thy are actually encouraging the opposite of what thy want. And yes, if guns are banned I will still keep mine and lie my ass off about having it. If I go to jail them so be it.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus. What makes it all strange is I bet liberals would support this, but then bitch about how "non violent offenders" don't need to be any to prison at all.

Going to prison over a toy is fucking insane. I'd move. I don't give a shit. I'd leave that country and be an illegal immigrant somewhere else.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What country are you from? Because as someone from Europe, i could own a gun almost as easily as americans.
    Would that not depend on the country in Europe? The same thing exists here in the US. Esp. when you are referring to handguns. Some States, such as New York, it is very hard to get a carry/conceal permit for a handgun. But it should not be. No State can totally ban firearms completely however because of our Constitution. If the 2nd did not exist with the wording it has, I am sure some States would ban them completely.

Here is an interesting article. It certainly does contradict all the crying about the NRA buying elections. Just look at the numbers Bloomberg has blown in Nevada alone.
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/ne...-check-measure

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roostercogburn View Post
    I still don't own a gun. I plan to, but never felt the rush to.

Each time people talk about gun restrictions o feel a sudden need to get a gun before it's too late. I hope they realize thy are actually encouraging the opposite of what thy want. And yes, if guns are banned I will still keep mine and lie my ass off about having it. If I go to jail them so be it.

In no world, ever, does gun regulation equal a ban. How many guns have been taken from people in America because of regulations over the past 100 years? Even the gun regulations that pre-1970 were supported by the NRA. Zero, a whopping, total, of zero guns have been "grabbed".

You won't go to jail because no one is trying to take your gun. Just because people cry and scream and jump up and down because they suddenly can't have a gun that has restrictions on it. Guns that most people don't own anyways....

Go buy a gun, buy your ammo and then relax. Hear that sound? You can now stop listening to the people who have no solutions to reduce gun violence, but like to hoot and holler because they need to suddenly own weapons that have restrictions on them. (They don't own them, and no one really does, but it is sure fun to complain when you can't have them. Who puts a detachable clip and silencer on a semi-auto for home defense? Worried the dead intruder will hear the sound?)

If laws encouraged people to do things, with a child-like mentality, this country would be in a mess because there's a whole lot of laws.

If you have a better idea of how to reduce gun violence write your Republican legislature with alternates, because they're too busy not providing actual solutions.

Maybe someday the paranoia will end, but for now take a breath and try to stay out of jail because you can't own a gun as a felon, even though putting guns back in felons hands is the only solution currently discussed by the millennial Republicans.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-02-01 at 06:17 AM.

This is the problem we have. They work TOO well.

It even extends to swords in some states. If you want to own a sword in Victoria I think you have to keep it in a safe that's bolted to the floor. Even if it's not edged.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Well it is a sad story, but not really surprising. After all the anti-gunners in the USA would not simply quit after succeeding in banning all the real firearms. Seems to be the same case here, they need to show some activity to keep those donations coming in...

And Australia is far from the only country banning basically harmless air soft rifles and some countries also ban paint-ball guns for some reason.
    Read about a guy who had his Masterpiece Megatron confiscated because it looks like a gun.

It's nothing to do with "anti-gunners". It's just our stupid overly cautious bureaucracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Would that not depend on the country in Europe? The same thing exists here in the US. Esp. when you are referring to handguns. Some States, such as New York, it is very hard to get a carry/conceal permit for a handgun. But it should not be. No State can totally ban firearms completely however because of our Constitution. If the 2nd did not exist with the wording it has, I am sure some States would ban them completely.
    That was my point, speaking on behalf of europe is stupid when we have vastly different laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

I hope this asshat gets his gun rights taken away. People like this are the reason I think anything beyond personal defense in the home should require extra training and review.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    In no world, ever, does gun regulation equal a ban. How many guns have been taken from people in America because of regulations over the past 100 years? Even the gun regulations that pre-1970 were supported by the NRA. Zero, a whopping, total, of zero guns have been "grabbed".

You won't go to jail because no one is trying to take your gun. Just because people cry and scream and jump up and down because they suddenly can't have a gun that has restrictions on it. Guns that most people don't own anyways....

Go buy a gun, buy your ammo and then relax. Hear that sound? You can now stop listening to the people who have no solutions to reduce gun violence, but like to hoot and holler because they need to suddenly own weapons that have restrictions on them. (They don't own them, and no one really does, but it is sure fun to complain when you can't have them. Who puts a detachable clip and silencer on a semi-auto for home defense? Worried the dead intruder will hear the sound?)

If laws encouraged people to do things, with a child-like mentality, this country would be in a mess because there's a whole lot of laws.

If you have a better idea of how to reduce gun violence write your Republican legislature with alternates, because they're too busy not providing actual solutions.

Maybe someday the paranoia will end, but for now take a breath and try to stay out of jail because you can't own a gun as a felon, even though putting guns back in felons hands is the only solution currently discussed by the millennial Republicans.
    How do you boil a frog?

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post

Ok It is settled then, you have never fired a gun, nor have ever heard one firing. That explains your clueless posts I suppose.

In a probably vain attempt to enlighten you:
    a) Silencers dont work in reality like they do in the movies, the gun still makes quite a bit of noise
    b) Guns without silencers are loud enough to damage your hearing, especially in an enclosed space like your home.

Therefore people want silencers to protect their hearing.

PS: I cba to de-construct the rest of the nonsense in your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

I hope this asshat gets his gun rights taken away. People like this are the reason I think anything beyond personal defense in the home should require extra training and review.
    I agree about the guy pulling the firearm, but (unrelated to the firearm) motorcycle convoys/groups like that need to be ticketed and have their motorcycles impounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am conceal carrying right now, at work...

Now I wait
    Conan! What is best in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.