Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    If it's a crime to have someone steal your gun and use it in a crime, then it should also be a crime if someone is driving your car and kills someone, too.
    If you're negligent enough that your 6 year old is driving your car around, yeah, you're responsible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Speaking of, I'm still keeping a loose eye on that TX shooting where a robber with a fake gun was stopped and then assassinated by a patron, who returned the money and then fled. He's since turned himself in for questioning.

Hey, the first shots to disable the apparent threat are fine enough. It's the whole walking up to the guy after he's on the ground, clearly disabled and no longer a threat, and putting another round into him that's...you know...like...psychopath shit? People watch too many action movies and forget real life isn't Hollywood.
    This is what happens when you pass "constitutional carry" bullshit allowing any swinging dick to carry in public without any safety training whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    while i use to support gun control, if you pay attention to the right online they already have all of the guns and fantasize about going on a murderous rampage of liberals ( some of them act on that, quite often) but they are all awating orders from someone like trump to act, and when that happens what will pro gun control liberals have to defend themselves? the police? the police will actively take the rights side, look how alot of them acted in j6 and during the brazil jan 6. gun control maybe would of helped 10 years ago but libs gotta embrace self defence too in my opinion
    Blacks, feminists, woke people, muslims, atheists, and others need to be well armed, as you said. It is no longer a matter of if, but of when

7+ Year Old Account
    while i use to support gun control, ... libs gotta embrace self defence too in my opinion
    Those aren't mutually exclusive with each other, they never have been.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    the good guy with a gun argument doesnt work because there are no good Americans.
    Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ima shite fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2023-01-11 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ima shite fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob.
    Ahh, it is good to see a fresh spin on an old pasta.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if you leave your vehicle accessible to your toddler and your toddler manages to start that sucker up and drive over someone, I do believe you as the parent would be liable (financially and legally).

Not to mention the "cars and guns are totes comparable in their uses!" argument being pretty fucking terrible in general.
    Not really. They are both inanimate objects being misused, whether intentionally or unintentionally. I'm sorry it doesn't pander to your hate-boner, but that's just how it is, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. They are both inanimate objects being misused, whether intentionally or unintentionally. I'm sorry it doesn't pander to your hate-boner, but that's just how it is, man.
    The primary difference being that cars have a lot of uses that aren't harmful.

A handgun's sole real use is killing other human beings.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising. Most people shouldn't be allowed to own guns. Most people shouldn't be allowed to drive cars. Most people shouldn't be allowed to do many things, because most people are fucking morons. But there's a limit to how much and how effectively you can enforce any such limitations. Driving uninsured and even unlicensed is a significant issue in my state, but good luck meaningfully enforcing any of that stuff. Oh, sure, you can get them after they fuck up something (maybe, if the cops aren't busy shooting dogs or raping women at the time and feel like it and you do all the legwork for them), but that's cold comfort for someone who lost property or life as a result of that driver.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The primary difference being that cars have a lot of uses that aren't harmful.

A handgun's sole real use is killing other human beings.
    Weird how every single handgun I have ever owned or used has done nothing but shoot cans, paper, and steel plates then. "Sole real use," whatever dude. That's a fucking garbage argument and you fucking know it.

An object's "intended use" doesn't fucking matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird how every single handgun I have ever owned or used has done nothing but shoot cans, paper, and steel plates then. "Sole real use," whatever dude. That's a fucking garbage argument and you fucking know it.

An object's "intended use" doesn't fucking matter.
    And attitudes like that is why 6-year-olds shoot teachers. It's an attitude that doesn't exist in most developed countries, with good reason, and that attitude is why the USA has such shockingly high gun crime rates.

Not really, but what? That they have equal practical utility and value in terms of their daily use?

Qualify this for me, please. Show me how a firearm is as useful and practical on a day-to-day basis as a vehicle is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, but what? That they have equal practical utility and value in terms of their daily use?

Qualify this for me, please. Show me how a firearm is as useful and practical on a day-to-day basis as a vehicle is.
    The argument is always "but they're super fun to shoot".

That's it. At least, when it comes to handguns; I'll allow that there's an argument for long arms if you're subsistence hunting. But sport hunting? We're back to "it's fun!"

And when that leads to casual attitudes around weapons, because you treat them as toys rather than tools for killing people, that's why you have insane gun crime rates. That's why kids take their parents' guns to school or shoot each other. Because "it's fun!"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/school...igiail-zwerner

Staff apparently knew about the gun, searched the backpack, didn't find anything.

The way to prevent this from happening? They're installing metal detectors and are considering requiring transparent backpacks. Because sending 6 year olds through metal detectors every day to go to school like they're in fuckin prison or some shit is super cool and healthy and good and a sign of a developed society that's clearly not deeply diseased and refusing to deal with serious issues.

How much will this all cost? Who cares, it's about the kids! Will it be effective? No, not at all, but it will make some adults who don't want to do anything feel like they've really done something about the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/school...igiail-zwerner

Staff apparently knew about the gun, searched the backpack, didn't find anything.

The way to prevent this from happening? They're installing metal detectors and are considering requiring transparent backpacks. Because sending 6 year olds through metal detectors every day to go to school like they're in fuckin prison or some shit is super cool and healthy and good and a sign of a developed society that's clearly not deeply diseased and refusing to deal with serious issues.

How much will this all cost? Who cares, it's about the kids! Will it be effective? No, not at all, but it will make some adults who don't want to do anything feel like they've really done something about the problem.
    Treating children like criminal prisoners because you can't accept even a modicum of societal responsibility for your harmful cultural expressions.

Could we make a society where kids AREN'T shooting people to death on the regular? Nah, let's just deny our kids all sense of privacy and trust because we sure can't choose to not inculcate deeply harmful cultural views.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account

You need a gun to shoot the bad guys who also have guns. And also the toddlers that have guns. You need a car to drive to work because we're apparently too poor to afford competently planned public transit in most areas, you need a gun to protect yourself from all the other people with guns.

It's pretty simple, man.

You need a gun to shoot the bad guys who also have guns.
    How many bad guys do you run into on an average day that require shooting?

You need a car to drive to work because we're apparently too poor to afford competently planned public transit in most areas
    So that's a yes, don't try to change the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll repeat something I've already done numerous times here. I spent a majority of my life in Chicago. You know the place that houses that right-wing talking point that it's crawling with bad people ready to shoot you if you look at them funny? I've never had to shoot the bad guys with a gun. You would think for a group of people who call others snowflakes you wouldn't be so damn scared of your own shadow that you need a gun everywhere you go.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

15+ Year Old Account
    while i use to support gun control, if you pay attention to the right online they already have all of the guns and fantasize about going on a murderous rampage of liberals ( some of them act on that, quite often) but they are all awating orders from someone like trump to act, and when that happens what will pro gun control liberals have to defend themselves? the police? the police will actively take the rights side, look how alot of them acted in j6 and during the brazil jan 6. gun control maybe would of helped 10 years ago but libs gotta embrace self defence too in my opinion
    Liberals support healthy gun culture, like mandatory safety training, regulation, database tracking, background checks on all exchange of ownership, and many other things. But conservatives view those things as LIBS COMIN TO TAKE MUH GUNS and conservatives eat that shit up. They're so indoctrinated to support zero gun regulation it's what causes these incidents.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This just makes you sound paranoid, and scared, and that you need a gun to feel "secure." I'd argue you're exactly the type that shouldn't have a gun if that's the case.

And you specifically pointed out that guns are for shooting people. Meanwhile cars remain intended for transportation.
    Guns are specifically for pushing small pieces of metal out of a small metal tube using small explosions. That is their only intended, designed purpose. Everything beyond that is an application of what they are intended to do.

The overwhelming majority of guns worldwide, anywhere, in any society, will never do anything but shoot paper or metal targets, or perhaps shoot the occasional game animal. Yet you and the others want to fondle yourselves over this idea that HURR DURR GUNZ IS ONLY FOR KILLING HAHAHAHA as though it matters at all.

It's a garbage fucking argument that's equivalent to those HURR ACKSHULLAY ITS NOT AN AUTOMATIC WEAPON AND ITS CALLED A MAGAZINE NOT A CLIP dickheads that crawl out of the fucking woodwork every time someone mentions guns. It's a bad faith argument perpetuated by people who don't want to have a discussion, they just want to be right on the internet. And those stupid fucking losers deserve to be mocked at every single moment they try to peddle their bullshit, here or anywhere else.

Don't like it? Stop being a dumbass and perpetuating bullshit bad faith arguments. "Intended purpose" doesn't fucking matter. It literally never has. "Actual use" is what matters. A box truck isn't "intended" to kill several dozen people and injure hundreds more, but they have been used for exactly that many times in the past fifty years or whatever. Fertilizer and fuel aren't "intended" to kill nearly 200 men, women, and children and injure several hundred more, but they've been used for that. Pseudoephedrine isn't "intended" to be used to make a popular stimulant, but that's often what it's been used for. Kerosene or gasoline aren't "intended" to burn down a building, killing most of the people inside, but they get used for that a lot. A chef's knife isn't "intended" to be thrust into another person's gut, but they tend to have been used for that a lot.

You get the idea. "Intended use" doesn't fucking matter, so if you want to actually be taken seriously and get a seat at the adults' table, leave that trash behind. And, yes, I'm very much aware of how we track the purchases of some of those things *because* of their "unintended" uses, but if you want to have that discussion then you have to prove you're a goddamn adult first.

Or you can keep fondling each other about HAHA DUMB GUN OWNERS AMIRITE HAHAHAHA.