Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    I think banning "assualt weapons" (whatever that means) is an over reaction to the people looking in. I fully encourage stricter gun laws but not banning them. Everyone is a different statistic and not every person applies to the same scenarios. People who want to ban guns I really believe are not in the interest of protecting life and not focused on what the real results will be of that outcome.
    Assault weapons have no reason to be legally purchase on the street. There is just a no valid one. Its only purpose is to kill humans, it wasn't created to protect a house, wasn't created to be cute on a wall of a gun shop, or your home, wasn't created for hunting, or shooting range, it was created to kill enemy troops in times of war. Saying you need assault rifles for your own protection, even from a government threat, is just insane. You are cultivating a culture of fear, that is just going to keep escalating until you end up killing each other until no one's left.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Assault weapons have no reason to be legally purchase on the street. There is just a no valid one. Its only purpose is to kill humans, it wasn't created to protect a house, wasn't created to be cute on a wall of a gun shop, or your home, wasn't created for hunting, or shooting range, it was created to kill enemy troops in times of war. Saying you need assault rifles for your own protection, even from a government threat, is just insane. You are cultivating a culture of fear, that is just going to keep escalating until you end up killing each other until no one's left.
    Someone doesn't know what this law is defining "assault weapons" as.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    This. Most Americans mistakenly believe that "assault weapon" means "fully automatic," this is what liberals want people to think. So they can say "we're going to ban assault weapons," and people think they're talking about machine guns, when in reality, they're talking about whatever the liberals want to ban and arbitrarily call an "assault weapon."
    Assault weapon isn't a real classification as far as I know; it's simply a definition created to cover the seeming purpose of weapons of this type - which happen to be fully automatic (a term which may not mean much to people who don't know anything about guns). I don't really see how it's a misnomer- I mean, you hunt with a hunting rifle, you would never hunt with a fully automatic weapon. I'm no hunter, but my friends that are certainly don't use that kind of thing.

The amusing thing is that the actual assault weapons made for war that we can legally own are actually looking cute on a wall, are as expensive as a car, and haven't been used in crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    Then require a license to own fire-arms, obtainable by passing a class that involves an evaluation component.
    All ready have this in place there guy, the Man didn't own the guns.. his mother did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    Then require a license to own fire-arms, obtainable by passing a class that involves an evaluation component.
    Sure that's a possible solution.
    I PERSONALLY would be inclined in being more drastic about it, but I know and recognise that the matter is of fundamental importance to some, and I'm willing to negotiate

I would also make it mandatory for guns to be locked at home, with a 6 months renewing check to be carried out and a stolen gun to be a serious offence for the victim too.
    And DEFINITELY overall better checks around family members as well. You shouldn't be able to own a gun if your wife/husband/son has previous convictions or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    No, if anything, the ability to overthrow a big government is more important now than ever before. Now we face the greatest threat our nation has ever faced, liberalism.
    Given that FDR was far more liberal than most liberals in congress today, and certainly more liberal than the President, how do you see that today's liberal side (made up of moderate and conservative dems for the most part) is the greatest threat? Even ignoring the more obvious past threats like WW2 and the civil war...

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    All ready have this in place there guy, the Man didn't own the guns.. his mother did.
    So then the issue's not sociopathic kids buying guns then, is it?
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

No, I own an assualt rifle in the event I would ever need it or to go to a shooting range to shoot for sport. I'm not sure how that is cultivating a culture of fear. Your placing blame on the wrong people. Place the blame on people who get feared, because those are the people who are uneducated and clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Ignorance is the weapon of the liberal.
    Too... much... irony...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Our Police force does need improving, but budget cuts amongst other things is hindering that. You confusing "self protection" and vigilantism. Vigilantism is the out right seeking of a "bad situation" and trying to "police" it. Self protection/defense is finding your self in a "bad situation" and being able to protect your life/love(s)/property
    Very thin line separating the two when you apply it to society on a greater scale.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Assault weapon isn't a real classification as far as I know; it's simply a definition created to cover the seeming purpose of weapons of this type - which happen to be fully automatic (a term which may not mean much to people who don't know anything about guns). I don't really see how it's a misnomer- I mean, you hunt with a hunting rifle, you would never hunt with a fully automatic weapon. I'm no hunter, but my friends that are certainly don't use that kind of thing.
    It actually isn't referring to full-auto weapons (which already require a special permit to own.) Assault weapons under the 1994 ban definition were typically chopped down versions of military hardware. The Bushmaster that Adam Lanza had, for instance, is a military grade weapon with the full-auto mechanism removed. For the most part, the assault weapon ban targets high-capacity weapons that have full-auto versions, and can theoretically be easily modified into full-auto.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Too... much... irony...
    It's not irony. Both sides use ignorance as a weapon. No more one that the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    a stolen gun to be a serious offence for the victim too.
    Was sounding ok until this point. We can going to make it serious offense if a stolen car is used in a crime to?

Biden is on the job, everything will be fine. No more guns, call of duty or crazy people on the streets. Its going to be interesting to see him go against the aclu on the latter two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    I tend to look at it like this: Gun control is kind of like Marijuana control. If you legalize Marijuana then that helps reduce the influence of the cartel. Same thing with guns. Except if you ban guns then that increases production in the black market.
    Except, I never heard of a mass murder of children in a school where the killer was stabbing them with a joint. The discussion is not the blackmarket (it's a different problem), it's the fact that innocent lives are lost because a 20 years old kid snapped and grabbed an assault weapon that was standing there, fully loaded, on the wall of his house.

Deleted
    Two methods for purchasing a firearm without going through the legal channels were already posted here.
    Seen them.
    NO ONE would have been viable for that kid in the recent shoot out.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Seen them.
    NO ONE would have been viable for that kid in the recent shoot out.
    Guy was a freak. His actions should be condemned not used to cause further damage to more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    It actually isn't referring to full-auto weapons (which already require a special permit to own.) Assault weapons under the 1994 ban definition were typically chopped down versions of military hardware. The Bushmaster that Adam Lanza had, for instance, is a military grade weapon with the full-auto mechanism removed. For the most part, the assault weapon ban targets high-capacity weapons that have full-auto versions, and can theoretically be easily modified into full-auto.
    No, it's much more broad than that.

"The federal assault weapons ban specifically prohibited 19 guns considered to be assault weapons. These were all semi-automatic firearms, meaning that they can eject spent shell casings and chamber the next round without additional human action, but (as opposed to automatic firearms) only one round is fired per pull of the trigger. In addition to the 19 weapons specifically prohibited, the federal assault weapons ban also defined as a prohibited assault weapon any semiautomatic rifle with a detachable magazine and at least two of the following five items: a folding or telescopic stock; a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; a bayonet mount; a flash suppressor or threaded barrel (a barrel that can accommodate a flash suppressor); or a grenade launcher. The act also defined as a prohibited assault weapon semi-automatic pistols that weighed more than 50 ounces when unloaded or included a barrel shroud, and barred the manufacture of magazines capable of carrying more than 10 rounds."

Under those laws, I have guns I'd have to give up. All .22s. The world will be much safer with the .22s taken out of my hands, and not the 9mm or the 708 or the 12g.

Deleted
    Was sounding ok until this point. We can going to make it serious offense if a stolen car is used in a crime to?
    Not the same come on the car/gun is overused now.
    By buying a gun you take on a huge deal of responsibility on your shoulders. Aka last event.
    If you leave it there for the taking you release another weapon in the black market.
    Another pair of hands holding a gun they shouldn't be.