Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Cars have governors currently. What speed would you like cars to be governed at?
    The governors placed in cars now are there to prevent damage to the vehicles. Most of the time they're just rev limiters.

Top speeds should be based upon a professional opinion, which I cannot offer. This should come from car safety experts, such as the IIHS, or the DOT.

I am just showing you that even with laws the things laws are made to prevent still happen.
    We know. No one's arguing that. The point is completely irrelevant. The fact that people break laws does not prevent the necessity of having laws.

- - - Updated - - -

No my every move isn't controlled now, but if people like you had their way they would be.
    No. You should be free to do whatever you want, within the confines of the law, given that you do not disrupt the well-being of other individuals. No one wants to control your every move. Put the tin-foil away.
    Eat yo vegetables

When "Demolition Man" came out, I never imagined that 20 years on there'd be so many people who long for "San Angeles".

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

Top speeds should be based upon a professional opinion, which I cannot offer. This should come from car safety experts, such as the IIHS, or the DOT.
    So were good on not having governors then because the professional opinion is that were fine. Yes I know what current governors do, glad you googled it and found out.

10+ Year Old Account
    When your incapable of supplying actual evidence, I suppose fictional concepts are just as good.
    Eat yo vegetables

No. You should be free to do whatever you want, within the confines of the law.
    When the law dictates your every move then you are no longer free.

10+ Year Old Account
    So were good on not having governors then because the professional opinion is that were fine. Yes I know what current governors do, glad you googled it and found out.
    If that is the professional opinion (you haven't shown that it is), then I'm fine with it. However, it should be noted that the IIHS and DOT support governors for large commercial vehicles.

And no, you didn't know what governors currently do, since you kept bringing it up in a completely unrelated discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

When the law dictates your every move then you are no longer free.
    The law doesn't, and never will, dictate your every move. It doesn't even come close. Again...tin foil. Please put it away.
    Eat yo vegetables

i find no tin foil hat is necessary when talking to folks who wish to remove the 2nd amendment. Its proof you do not believe in ones right to life, just the right to flee. To be at the mercy of your would be assailant in fear that you might hurt them critically. I think your position is the crazy one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    i find no tin foil hat is necessary when talking to folks who wish to remove the 2nd amendment. Its proof you do not believe in ones right to life, just the right to flee. To be at the mercy of your would be assailant in fear that you might hurt them critically. I think your position is the crazy one.
    Stick around a while. 911 can find you a study that proves that if he banned guns suicides will go down. So if you don't give up your guns...your a science denier. AND a mass murderer.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    When "Demolition Man" came out, I never imagined that 20 years on there'd be so many people who long for "San Angeles".
    My bewilderment is matched by the people that trade the right to cling to weapon for the lives of a million children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Removing the 2nd Amendment is not the same thing as removing firearms from society. Far from it, actually. It simply allows for additional comprehensive firearm restrictions based on the available science.

That, and the fact that a firearm is not one's sole mechanism for defending life. In fact, it's quite rare that firearms are used to defend ones life.
    Eat yo vegetables

In fact, it's quite rare that firearms are used to defend ones life.
    Because you said so.

- - - Updated - - -

And no, you didn't know what governors currently do, since you kept bringing it up in a completely unrelated discussion.
    I was bringing it up because I knew none of you calling for them even knew they currently existed in almost all cars. You would have never googled it had I not brought it up. You can thank me for teaching you something new today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you said so.
    Because the most credible, available data says so.
    Eat yo vegetables

Because the most credible, available data says so.
    It's not even possible to have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even possible to have that data.
    Believe what you'd like, lockedout. No amount of evidence could ever convince you otherwise.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    My bewilderment is matched by the people that trade the right to cling to weapon for the lives of a million children.
    Wait are you against abortion now? Welcome to the club dude!

A million children, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    A million children, lol.
    I'm not sure what's so funny about that.

There's been more Americans killed by firearms since the 70's than in all US wars combined. The toll it takes on society is real.
    Eat yo vegetables

I'm not sure what's so funny about that.

There's been more Americans killed by firearms since the 70's than in all US wars combined. The toll it takes on society is real.
    Stormdash actually explicitly said he wouldn't trade the right to cling to guns for the lives "of a million toddlers". That is what I was referencing. It sort of ends any discussion with him on moral indignation about safety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormdash actually explicitly said he wouldn't trade the right to cling to guns for the lives "of a million toddlers". That is what I was referencing. It sort of ends any discussion with him on moral indignation about safety.
    Some people are just so deeply paralyzed by fear, that they cannot possibly fathom a world without the 2nd.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are just so deeply paralyzed by fear, that they cannot possibly fathom a world without the 2nd.
    Some people are just so deeply paralyzed by fear, that they cannot possibly fathom a world without the 1st.

We aren't paralyzed. I thought we made it clear we aren't going to give people like you ONE MORE INCH.