Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Sure thing Mr. Thought-police. Of course, SCOTUS is just backing up the written language as is their job. If you wanted your politicians to change things you could have them do so, it's their job. Don't tell people what does and doesn't matter in their minds. Plebs rule through representative democracy or does that not matter as well?
    I'm sorry, but if you think the sky is green, it doesn't matter. Because its wrong.

Not sure what to tell you. Your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is wrong and nothing you do or say will change that. People far smarter than you or I have ruled on the matter.

Case closed.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you think the sky is green, it doesn't matter. Because its wrong.

Not sure what to tell you. Your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is wrong and nothing you do or say will change that. People far smarter than you or I have ruled on the matter.

Case closed.
    Be pedantic all you want, the sky being green is your words not mine and it's much easier to go what-about and derail isn't it?
    I'm not interpreting anything, I'm saying I disagree with the 2nd Amendment as historically it was nothing more than what was convenient at the time it was put into place. Times have changed since then and I find your affinity to treasure it ludicrous in a modern society. Does "case closed" typically win you debates and discussions?

Case closed.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Be pedantic all you want, the sky being green is your words not mine and it's much easier to go what-about and derail isn't it?
    I'm not interpreting anything, I'm saying I disagree with the 2nd Amendment as historically it was nothing more than what was convenient at the time it was put into place. Times have changed since then and I find your affinity to treasure it ludicrous in a modern society. Does "case closed" typically win you debates and discussions?

Case closed.
    What wins me debates and discussions is being right. (which I'm not always)

In this case (no pun intended) I happen to be right. What you think is irrelevant. Its been decided on.

You are however welcome to have any opinion you want on the subject, it just doesn't mean its right or even matters.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    What wins me debates and discussions is being right. (which I'm not always)

In this case (no pun intended) I happen to be right. What you think is irrelevant. Its been decided on.

You are however welcome to have any opinion you want on the subject, it just doesn't mean its right or even matters.
    You're obnoxious. It's better to get an affirmative right from someone else than to "be" right.

It's been decided! End all discussion and lets all go home, nothing to see here move along! 47k comments doesn't matter because I say so.

Why are you even discussing this when you are clearly not interested in discussing anything rather just interested in being right? What you think is irrelevant. Welcome to ignore.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Case closed.
    Do you have any concept of how we amend our Constitution? It is not a matter of simply having a majority of the people want it to be. It takes 2/3 of Congress to vote for it and 3/4 of the States to ratify it. There are more pro gun rights States then there are ones not pro gun rights. The one thing which is closed about this is your mind. You can disagree all you want, but it has no bearing on myself exercising the right the Second Amendment gives me.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Do you have any concept of how we amend our Constitution? It is not a matter of simply having a majority of the people want it to be. It takes 2/3 of Congress to vote for it and 3/4 of the States to ratify it. There are more pro gun rights States then there are ones not pro gun rights. The one thing which is closed about this is your mind. You can disagree all you want, but it has no bearing on myself exercising the right the Second Amendment gives me.
    I'm well aware and I encourage you to exercise the rights given to you by your constitution. I do think you should be critical of how some of those rights negatively impact your society though.

10+ Year Old Account

Case closed.
    For now, and in the foreseeable future, the case is closed, in favor of private ownership of firearms. You can hate the 2nd all you want, but there is no way in hell you will get 3/4 of the states to agree to amend it.

You're obnoxious. It's better to get an affirmative right from someone else than to "be" right.

It's been decided! End all discussion and lets all go home, nothing to see here move along! 47k comments doesn't matter because I say so.

Why are you even discussing this when you are clearly not interested in discussing anything rather just interested in being right? What you think is irrelevant. Welcome to ignore.
    Well, bye. /curlybill

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    For now, and in the foreseeable future, the case is closed, in favor of private ownership of firearms. You can hate the 2nd all you want, but there is no way in hell you will get 3/4 of the states to agree to amend it.
    So case closed means we can't talk about it and discuss it? That we shouldn't try? You'd like that wouldn't you? Change has to come from and start somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    So case closed means we can't talk about it and discuss it? That we shouldn't try? You'd like that wouldn't you? Change has to come from and start somewhere.
    Yes, I would prefer that people that like being victims would stop trying to convince others to take away my rights, especially if they do not live in the US.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm well aware and I encourage you to exercise the rights given to you by your constitution. I do think you should be critical of how some of those rights negatively impact your society though.
    It would negatively impact us if we were to do away with the Second Amendment or amend it to the point it would be very hard to exercise it. But I am not worried that is going to happen.

But I am not against some more reasonable gun control laws.

But I am not against some more reasonable gun control laws.
    Like background checks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Like background checks?
    Instant ones that are actually instant, sure.

I feel sorry for those who do not have the right to use a firearm to help equal the odds against someone trying to harm them.
    The person who's most likely to harm you has and always will be a friend or family member. I'm sorry that you're a big enough piece of shit to feel you need a firearm to account for how big of an asshole you are . Not to mention there's a ton of other items like pepper spray that can just as easily do that. You just choose to pretend they don't exist or are useless because guns. I'm glad I don't live in your world where you constantly piss yourself because an assailant is always after you.

If your logic is the random assailant a dog is and always will be better.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-10-16 at 04:58 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Instant ones that are actually instant, sure.
    You really need a gun right now? Surely you can wait for the next country music festival.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really need a gun right now? Surely you can wait for the next country music festival.
    How edgy, trying to make points by making a joke over a tragedy.
    And perhaps I do need one right now and not in an undetermined amount of time (days, weeks) decided on by the mood of a faceless bureaucrat.

How edgy, trying to make points by making a joke over a tragedy.
    And perhaps I do need one right now and not in an undetermined amount of time (days, weeks) decided on by the mood of a faceless bureaucrat.
    Too soon?

I think actually a cooling off period might be a good idea, to prevent people going out and getting a gun on a rash impulse and doing something stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why could you possibly need a gun this instant?
    I can think of many spur of the moment reasons, all legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too soon?

I think actually a cooling off period might be a good idea, to prevent people going out and getting a gun on a rash impulse and doing something stupid.
    That was the kind of joke that is in poor taste no matter how long the time period.

How many crimes do you think have been caused by a person who just went out and bought their first firearm that a "cooling off period" would have prevented? I mean, its not like it would have done anything for Vegas, Sandy Hook, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And yet you can't name a single one. And remember, want != need.
    Self defense. Hunting. Competition.

That was the kind of joke that is in poor taste no matter how long the time period.

How many crimes do you think have been caused by a person who just went out and bought their first firearm that a "cooling off period" would have prevented? I mean, its not like it would have done anything for Vegas, Sandy Hook, etc.
    I would've thought the actual crime was in poor taste. And the lack of gun control that continues to enable them.

In the case of the US of course, the answer is probably not many because you're already pretty much at gun saturation levels.