Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

In Canada, we make it harder to get a gun but everyone has the right to one if you pass the background check. What is so fucking hard about that? Simple solution to this problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is fairly paranoid. She's not going to start getting her way just because the far right stops losing their collective shit every time someone utters her name. And like I said, far worse people get far worse things done all the time. You want to talk about stupid people trampling rights? Lets talk about how states are actively stopping abortion from being available. But nope, we have to worry about a senator from California and her amendment that can't even get through her own party.
    I've argued for abortion rights just as hard as anyone else here. But I'm decent enough at multitasking that it doesn't prevent me from calling some bitch out on thinking bullets are magazines.

And why is the hell would any civilian needs an assault weapon or a 30 shit clip? There is no good argument for that...zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    And why is the hell would any civilian needs an assault weapon or a 30 shit clip? There is no good argument for that...zero.
    Why do I need to justify ownership of such a magazine? Who are you to tell me?

Police and military get to keep theirs, why can't I?

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    google the fringe right's favorite pedophile draft dodger, he's a gold mine for such things
    Should I know who this is referring to? (Googled: apparently Ted Nugent?) The difference is Ted Nugent has said some off the wall and inflammatory things, some of them probably not in the greatest of taste, but he not in congress making laws. Overall his message is great, but it gets clouded with questionable commentary like

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."
    "Pimps whores & welfare brats & their soulless supporters hav a president to destroy America,"
    “Obama, he's a piece of s---, and I told him to suck on my machine gun.”

Now, given his... political views and penchant for overstatement... these comments are in no way comparable to blatant ignorance and deceit when it comes to anti-gun campaigns.

10+ Year Old Account
    You own a lot of shit you don't need. You give up every luxury you own and I'll consider turning in my magazines.

As for my "assault weapons", we'll negotiate on those once you can tell me what the fuck an assault weapon is. Right now I'm pretty sure that's not a real thing.

In Canada, we make it harder to get a gun but everyone has the right to one if you pass the background check. What is so fucking hard about that? Simple solution to this problem.
    The problem with that is that it protects only against criminals and people that shouldnt have guns from getting them. All it does for the average law abiding citizen is let people know what they have. Whether or not its a rifle or a water gun, no one needs to fucking know what you own. Now yes, that is a grey line. Have they kept people that would have done crimes with a gun from getting them? sure. But it also has put millions of peoples info out there, some of it publicly. The government, your neighbor, or someone on the other side of the country has no god damn reason to know what the average law abiding citizen owns.

10+ Year Old Account
    So numbers are improving.
    You're way too smart to be making arguments this bankrupt. You know damn well that poll data gathered directly after outlier events can't be used to demonstrate trends.

Also lol at this thread still going.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

15+ Year Old Account
    Do we want to start throwing around quotes? Because If you think I can't find someone who is against the ban saying something equally stupid you're kidding yourself.
    All you need to do is check my hulu Daily Show link for a plethora of them.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    OMFG stop bringing facts into this discussion!

Reported!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    OMFG stop bringing facts into this discussion!

Reported!!
    America is a fickle beast. She is easily swayed by emotional events, and just as easily returned to normalcy after a period of time.

Gun control is dead at a Federal level, but now we're going to have to deal with a bunch of SCOTUS cases to protect from States violating our rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Dont worry, Wells will probably not bother responding on this issue any more, as it his usual behaviour when he makes crap and or nonsense arguments.

Anyone that can read graphs can see that in the long term, the support for gun control is decreasing, hence why some dem lawmakers try to push as many things as once.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

some dem lawmakers try to push as many things as once.
    If they didn't do that, they'd have a much better chance at passing gun control bills. I really wonder how badly some of these anti gun people really want to pass legislature, when they cram a bill full of different things they know will never make it to the floor.

If they didn't do that, they'd have a much better chance at passing gun control bills. I really wonder how badly some of these anti gun people really want to pass legislature, when they cram a bill full of different things they know will never make it to the floor.
    That's done on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    That is the thing I really do not understand, they seem to be doing their best to not get anything passed.
    I mean not only they try to force through things like the AWB that has next to no chance of passing, but they also allow Feinstein to take centre ground again, a person that is hated by the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    hence why some dem lawmakers try to push as many things as once.
    The Patriot Act was pushed through Congress 45 days after 9/11. That's just how shit works.

At least Connecticut waited over 100 days before passing gun control legislation. Plenty of time for debate and dissenting opinions to be heard.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    The Patriot Act was pushed through Congress 45 days after 9/11. That's just how shit works.

At least Connecticut waited over 100 days before passing gun control legislation. Plenty of time for debate and dissenting opinions to be heard.
    Not really since the incident that sparked all the controversy in Connecticut is still sealed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Not really since the incident that sparked all the controversy in Connecticut is still sealed.
    It's still under investigation. As would be expected. Unless you want them to rush through that process too.

But that has no bearing on the fact that the people of Connecticut have been debating gun control for over 100 days.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    It's still under investigation. As would be expected. Unless you want them to rush through that process too.

But that has no bearing on the fact that the people of Connecticut have been debating gun control for over 100 days.
    It was sealed for 90 days. Then right before the 90 days was up guess what? Sealed for another 90 days.
    We don't know the facts of what happened because the case is sealed.
    The reason there is gun control debates in Connecticut is because of the shooting in which the case is sealed and no facts are present.