Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yes, and people from the NRA or gun cults are TOTALLY not manipulated to be afraid of everything. From ''thugs'' to ''drug dealers'' to ''illegals'' to ''terrorists'' to ''liberals'' to ''democrats'' to ''ecologists'' to ''SJWs'' to ''BLM'', I struggle to find one category of people who are not hardcore republican voters that the usual suspects are not terrorized off. I'm pretty sure that some people would believe that guns allow the sun to rise each day if someone told them on YouTube that heliocentrism is libural.

Remember the rules, folks : if you protest against a school shooting, you are ''uh deluded stoopid SJW''. If you buy Alex Jones manhood protection pills alongside guns because he told you that ''dah gubinment'' is putting chemicals in the water to turn you gay, you are normal and you need to buy more ammo, kauze if you don't it prove that you are not a real man and the gubinment got you.
    I happen to think protesting is fine and it is a Constitutional right to. For whatever reason. But there are far more serous issues facing students then school shooting deaths. We have the Constitutional right to defend ourselves here using firearms. Just as important right as the right to peacefully assemble and present grievances.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    60 seconds, lol

[url=https://www.courthousenews.com/florida-man-wants-conviction-tossed-because-he-robbed-bank-with-fake-gun/]
    OK, that's almost what I asked for.

Let's try again, in the least ambiguous terms possible.

Show me a conviction for assault with a deadly weapon or armed robbery where the perp was not armed. At all. No pellet guns, no toy guns, nothing. No weapon, but he has his hand in his jacket like its on a gun, something along those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    This is why, with all my passion, I hope that the DNC and its proxies continue to press this lunatic button calling the NRA "terrorists" and "white supremacists", to drive your parents clean out of the party.

- - - Updated - - -

Except only between your ears is this what legitimate defensive gun courses are teaching anyone.
    1)What edgelords call ''far left'' is the solid right in most countries.

2)Again, pretty any group that the edgelords don't like, from teacher unions to ecologists to anyone who does not consider Hitler ''a leftist'', is called by them a variation of ''pinko'', usually with not subtle threats about being shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    And to be very, very, very blunt, do you know what is BY FAR the most likely deadly use of a gun in America ? Killing yourself.

FTR, gun users, what is amazing is that you seem PERSUADED that owning guns make you superior to the rabble, the ''sheeple'' to take the holy words of Alex Jones. As Parkland proved, a monkey would presumably be able to buy 45 guns in one afternoon in some US states. As guns are apparently quite easy to acquire by stupid people, mentally ill people and criminal people, why exactly owning one make you ''superior'' ? Do you REALLY think that thanks to the NRA, gun owners are a group of elite handpicked citizens ?

(Hint : people without guns are able to read and for instance go check what involve exactly those fabled ''CCW'' courses, the ones that make you part of the elite of gun users and that require in Florida a 2 hour course).
    Statistics assume the average citizen is going to commit suicides? Japan has a higher rate of suicides than the US does and we both know about their gun control laws.

In Ohio, we have to take a 8 hr class. And live firing and the background check is more intensive than the one to just buy a firearm. Finger prints are taken and then inputted into the police data base for criminal date check.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I happen to think protesting is fine and it is a Constitutional right to. For whatever reason. But there are far more serous issues facing students then school shooting deaths. We have the Constitutional right to defend ourselves here using firearms. Just as important right as the right to peacefully assemble and present grievances.
    Ammosexuals struggle MIGHTILY with this concept, as edgelords therein, who get enraged over any form of demonstration that they don't do. If one garbage can get toppled, it's ''TERRORISM'', if there is a slight nuisance to transportation they immediately try to prove how tough they are by asking for laws for running over protesters, and if not they call protesters lazy, communists or ugly.

The only manifestation acceptable are the ones with CSA flags and Nazi ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Statistics assume the average citizen is going to commit suicides? Japan has a higher rate of suicides than the US does and we both know about their gun control laws.

In Ohio, we have to take a 8 hr class. And live firing and the background check is more intensive than the one to just buy a firearm. Finger prints are taken and then inputted into the police data base for criminal date check.
    Dude, I had to take twice as long mandatory classes to operate a BOAT in Québec.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a firearm course tells you to try to fire at someone who have a weapon trained you when your weapon is not, this course is training you to look cool in a movie and to look dead in real life.
    You need to remember, I said I would comply if they have a firearm pointed at me and are keeping their eye on me also. But they get distracted or look away, they are going to get shot. You need to train yourself to quickly draw your firearm from wherever you have it on your person. Which is also one reason my firearm is chambered all the time I am carrying it. Just draw, point and squeeze the trigger.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-03-26 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1)What edgelords call ''far left'' is the solid right in most countries.

2)Again, pretty any group that the edgelords don't like, from teacher unions to ecologists to anyone who does not consider Hitler ''a leftist'', is called by them a variation of ''pinko'', usually with not subtle threats about being shot.
    Is there a point to this rambling?
    I don't think you are making any gains on gun control by attacking everyone that disagrees with you, and calling them names.

I'll state it again, I'm in the NRA.
    I'm not an edgelord, and anyone that knows me personally would not consider me an edgelord.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ammosexuals struggle MIGHTILY with this concept, as edgelords therein, who get enraged over any form of demonstration that they don't do. If one garbage can get toppled, it's ''TERRORISM'', if there is a slight nuisance to transportation they immediately try to prove how tough they are by asking for laws for running over protesters, and if not they call protesters lazy, communists or ugly.

The only manifestation acceptable are the ones with CSA flags and Nazi ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, I had to take twice as long mandatory classes to operate a BOAT in Québec.
    Nazi's and those who think blacks are inferior are looked down upon here as scums. They represent a extremely small percentage of the population.

So? I do not care what kind of class you had to take for a boat or whatever up there. It is your country. Not mine. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    Is there a point to this rambling?
    I don't think you are making any gains on gun control by attacking everyone that disagrees with you, and calling them names.

I'll state it again, I'm in the NRA.
    I'm not an edgelord, and anyone that knows me personally would not consider me an edgelord.
    Haters are going to hate.

I just joined the NRA a couple weeks ago based on all the complaints I was seeing from the left and liberals about them. They convinced me they are a strong advocate for the Second Amendment. lol!

For 100 gun deaths in the US, 66 are suicide, 32 are homicide. The remaining 2 cover anything from accident to police shootings to toddlers accidently firing at each other...and, dead last, verifiable defensive gun use. (well below 1%, tied with negligent firing...)

There was very precisely 2030 justified gun use in the US in 2016 (hint : 2030 is a bit less than ''2.5 million'')and it include in lots of case the police shooting suspects.

- - - Updated - - -

Nazi's and those who think blacks are inferior are looked down upon here as scums. They represent a extremely small percentage of the population.

So? I do not care what kind of class you had to take for a boat or whatever up there. It is your country. Not mine. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Haters are going to hate.

I just joined the NRA a couple weeks ago based on all the complaints I was seeing from the left and liberals about them. They convinced me they are a strong advocate for the Second Amendment. lol!
    Let me guess. They awoken you. By their so-tactful tactics of whipping Alex-Rat-Jones in squeaking CRISIS ACTORS.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-03-26 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For 100 gun deaths in the US, 66 are suicide, 32 are homicide. The remaining 2 cover anything from accident to police shootings to toddlers accidently firing at each other...and, dead last, verifiable defensive gun use. (well below 1%, tied with negligent firing...)

- - - Updated - - -

Let me guess. They awoken you. By their so-tactful tactics of whipping Alex-Rat-Jones in squeaking CRISIS ACTORS.
    Your point does not prove anything other than they lump all the gun deaths into the same pool and then assume for argument sake for strict gun control, everyone could be a criminal or commit suicide. The great majority will never do ether.

The liberals did. lol!

Your point does not prove anything other than they lump all the gun deaths into the same pool and then assume for argument sake for strict gun control, everyone could be a criminal or commit suicide. The great majority will never do ether.

The liberals did. lol!
    I hate to tell you that, but if 66 people die by shooting themselves with guns for 0.5 bad guys, it DOES means that you have 132 more chances of killing yourself than shooting a ''bad guy''.

Who is trying to ''hide'' this, FTR ? Gun control sites, gun control advocates specifically says every single time that firearms are used a lot for suicide. It's a well known public health problem.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-03-26 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    OK, that's almost what I asked for.

Let's try again, in the least ambiguous terms possible.

Show me a conviction for assault with a deadly weapon or armed robbery where the perp was not armed. At all. No pellet guns, no toy guns, nothing. No weapon, but he has his hand in his jacket like its on a gun, something along those lines.
    This lawyer says they can be charged https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/c...a-1758814.html

let me see if I can find a example of a conviction......http://www.mtmlegal.com/Criminal_Def...d_Robbery.aspx while not a case of a conviction, I did find this part interesting and does support the fact you do not exactly have to have a weapon to be found guilty of armed robbery

Under the Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA) §16-8-40, an armed robbery is a "robbery committed with an offensive weapon, any replica of an offensive weapon, or a device having the appearance of any such weapon."

If an individual is carrying a weapon, while carrying out a robbery, even if he/she does not use that weapon, police officers, prosecutors and judges are likely to assume that the individual intended on using that weapon. Even if you only put your hand in your pocket and led someone to believe you were in possession of a gun, you could be charged with armed robbery.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to tell you that, but if 66 people die by shooting themselves with guns for 0.5 bad guys, it DOES means that you have 132 more chances of killing yourself than shooting a ''bad guy''.
    Na. Statistics are easy to twist and distort. For one, I happen to believe the hundreds of thousands ( might be million or more ) who defend themselves successfully with firearms is correct.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-03-26 at 11:43 PM.

The news where I am seemed to highlight how many kids were protesting in DC. And the cynic in me kinda derided that very fact; kids...when they finally become old enough to vote, they might do just that, vote. Hopefully they will be an informed voter about all the laws already on the books.

There was very precisely 2030 justified gun use in the US in 2016 (hint : 2030 is a bit less than ''2.5 million'')and it include in lots of case the police shooting suspects.
    And the same year, 374 people died by a rifle. So you are 5 times more likely to kill someone in self defense than be killed by someone with an AR15.

Though no one said every use of a firearm results in a gun death, so not sure any of it matters.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account

Who is trying to ''hide'' this, FTR ? Gun control sites, gun control advocates specifically says every single time that firearms are used a lot for suicide. It's a well known public health problem.
    This is commonly accepted knowledge.
    Only a neophyte would not know that suicide by gun is more common than threats from outside source.

I fail to see how this is relevant to the current gun control discussion.
    The only way to remove suicide by gun is for every gun ever made to magically disappear.
    Last edited by Mullet Man; 2018-03-26 at 11:40 PM.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The news where I am seemed to highlight how many kids were protesting in DC. And the cynic in me kinda derided that very fact; kids...when they finally become old enough to vote, they might do just that, vote. Hopefully they will be an informed voter about all the laws already on the books.
    I'm middle of the road on abortion, but there was the point that the anti-abortion marches don't get the type of coverage than the anti-gun marches do, even when it's 10's of thousands to 100's of thousands of people.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Na. Statistics are easy to twist and distort. For one, I happen to believe the hundreds of thousands ( might be million or more ) who defend themselves successfully with firearms is correct.
    Ahah

You watch too many action movies.
    Dont believe in statistics. (check)
    Dont believe giving a gun to everyone is only going to result in chaos (check)

The reality is that guns = money to your country.
    Thats the only reason why guns are not going anywhere.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-03-26 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misterpuk View Post
    Per the Supreme Court's decision, it does.

See District of Columbia v. Heller

The Second Amendment guarantees an individual's right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes,

I say again the Second Amendment is just being open to interpretation and our forefathers had no idea as to what our country would be or the kind of weapons we would have. The Second Amendment needs to be changed, updated, brought up to the times. I would even argue the entire Constitution needs an overhaul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Ahah

You watch too many action movies.
    Dont believe in statistics. (check)
    Dont believe giving a gun to everyone is only going to result in chaos (check)

The reality is that guns = money to your country.
    Thats the only reason why guns are not going anywhere.
    Ahh, You are from a country other than the US. So your opinion is only that. Nothing more. Mine however, I get to exercise lawfully according to a Constitutional right.

I'm sure this is not going to make any difference but according to NBC 4, my local news station (which is Washington DC, which btw I am a graduate of Great Mills High School) the shooter was killed by his own gun. https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...477984883.html

The fatal shooting at Great Mills High School ended when the shooter killed himself as a school resource officer simultaneously shot him in the hand, police said.

Police released new details Monday about the shooting, in which a 17-year-old Austin Wyatt Rollins allegedly injured one student and killed his ex-girlfriend, 16-year-old Jaelynn Willey.

Rollins arrived at school about 7:50 a.m. Tuesday, police said. Police say he walked through the main entrance of the school carrying a handgun legally owned by his father.
    Five minutes after entering the school, Rollins approached Willey in the hallway and shot her once in the head. Desmond Barnes, 14, was struck in the leg by the same bullet, police said.

Willey fell to the floor. Barnes went into a classroom to seek shelter, police said, as teachers and students called 911 to report the gunshots.

Rollins made his way down the hall and encountered deputy Blaine Gaskill, the school's resource officer.

Gaskill fired and hit Rollins' weapon. At the same time, Rollins turned his gun on himself and fired one fatal shot to his head, police said.

A student witness of the shooting said a police officer tried to order a student with a gun to his head to disarm before two shots were fired.

Student Isiah Tichenor told The Washington Post he saw a fellow student hold a gun to his head Tuesday and heard a police officer shout an order to put the gun down.

Willey was taken to UM Prince George's Hospital Center, where she died on Friday. Barnes was hospitalized and released.Rollins "had a prior relationship which recently ended" with Willey, the sheriff's office said.

"All indications suggest the shooting was not a random act of violence," the statement said.

The investigation has not yet revealed any threats from Rollins.Willey was one of nine siblings, according to a statement from the family, and a member of the swim team. She was a role model to her brothers and sisters, her family said, and helped to take care of them every day.

The handgun that the Rollins allegedly used was legally owned by his father, the St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office said in a statement issued Wednesday afternoon. However, it appeared Rollins possessed it illegally. In Maryland, a person must be 21 to possess a handgun, unless carrying one is required for employment.

Attempts to reach Rollins' family were unsuccessful.
    One of the shooter's friends, 14-year-old Jordan Hutchinson, and his mother dropped off a condolence card at the Rollins home.

Jordan recalled meeting Austin five years ago during a snowstorm, and building snow forts together.

"Austin was a nice kid. We did sleepovers all the time," he said. Great Mills High will be closed for more than a week and a half, after the school's scheduled spring break. Classes will resume April 2, the principal said in an online notice to families.

"Words cannot express the sadness and grief that our school community is feeling right now. I know that we are shaken and scared after today’s events and will struggle for some time trying to make sense of it all. I do not know exactly how, but we will find a way to overcome this tragedy," the notice said. "Now more than ever, we need to stand together as a school community to love, cherish, and support one another. We have and we will continue to stay strong, stay together, and find a way to get through this."

Counseling services are being offered. Before they return to class, many students participated in Saturday's March for Our Lives in D.C. Hundreds of thousands of people attended the demonstration, which was organized after the Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida that left 17 students and staff members dead.

"We need to be the last group this ever happens to, and we're all just very tight, and we're family, and as you can see in the chants, we are Great Mills," said Heidi Ransford, a recent graduate of Great Mills High School who knew Willey.
    "Its hard being humble, knowing how awesome I am,"