Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Feels good living in a county with hunters
    Didn't realise you needed the latest high-Caliber Military Grade equipment to take down a Deer.

Pools kill more. Ergo shouldnt they get the focus?

How about capping the maximum depth, only a regulation to save the children after all
    Source pls?
    I cant find anything saying pools killed more than the 11000 or so killed by shootings last year in the US.
    http://guns.periscopic.com/?year=2013
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4165061.html

Happy to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    It would do exactly jack shit. The problem is not what type of stuff people like to hang on their guns, it's who behind said guns.
    You're telling me that the accuracy of the weapons, and the ability to put down 30 rounds per Magazine isn't in anyway a contribution to the number of deaths by weapons?

You're saying that if people had less powerful guns, had less ammunition and were less accurate, it'd do nothing to help lower gun related deaths? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Sorry, you've never shot a Bow, have you?

As someone who does Archery, I just want to say for the posters benefit, and for everyone else, this is bullshit. It's not Point & Shoot, and a Laser Sight will do nothing for Archery.
    What do you mean, you don't want to hit the ground 10 feet in front of your target?

10+ Year Old Account
    Europeans are going to feel really stupid without guns once the zombie apocalypse hits. Just you wait!
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Didn't realise you needed the latest high-Caliber Military Grade equipment to take down a Deer.
    You realize bullshitting doesnt convince me right? GL getting an automatic.
    Moreover, these rifles basically use pistol rounds, not 'high caliber'. I'd like to see someone walk off a .45 automatic rifle with their shoulder intact.

Theres a reason I fucking laugh my ass off when people say there must "barely be any meat left"

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Pools serve a purpose other than to drown kids. Guns serve no purpose beyond "hurt stuff".
    That's actually wrong. I use my guns for sport. Not to "hurt stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    What do you mean, you don't want to hit the ground 10 feet in front of your target?
    That's what Field Archery is all about my friend. You try shooting these lovely Trees or Soil, but these damn Animal Targets keep getting the fricking way!

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Europeans are going to feel really stupid without guns once the zombie apocalypse hits. Just you wait!
    Well, we will just give them delicious tea and invite Canada for a sleepover and end up being best friends with them! Shooting zombies makes them hungry, didn't you know that?

You realize bullshitting doesnt convince me right? GL getting an automatic.
    Moreover, these rifles basically use pistol rounds, not 'high caliber'. I'd like to see someone walk off a .45 automatic rifle with their shoulder intact.

Theres a reason I fucking laugh my ass off when people say there must "barely be any meat left"
    Sorry, how am I bullshitting you exactly? People are walking around (Not literally, of course) with military grade weapons. What's wrong with just an Air Rifle to shot some tins?

Deleted
    re: gun suicides - generally speaking convenience is a very important thing for suicides, having a device that can kill you in a second with one push of a button enables people who otherwise could have second thoughts and end up not doing it. I can look for some stats if you really need it, but it seems that eliminating easy ways to commit suicide (e.g. gas stoves) decreased the overall suicide rate. It just seems that instead of going to their kitchen (or their gun safe) people actually need to take a ride to the next bridge and end up changing their minds ;]

re: defense - everyone has a right to defend themselves, but if guns are common, your threats clearly escalate. If you can have a revolver, your assailant can have a revolver. If you have a shotgun, he might also own one. And at some point of this escalation defense becomes impossible - e.g. a guy going postal, seeking out a high spot and taking potshots at people with an AR means imminent death if you're in the open. You cannot defend, you cannot escape. I'd much rather leave guns out of private hands, automatically eliminating 95% of the threat. As long as common thugs, chavs, petty thieves carry guns, you will not be safe, even if you bring firearms on every trip to a gas station, grocery store, bank, theater, ANY PUBLIC PLACE.

I'd propose a duel - I get the gun and you the pillow. Let's see who comes out ahead. 160 whatever posts in 5 days is not too bad btw.

Sorry, how am I bullshitting you exactly?
    right around here
    People are walking around (Not literally, of course) with military grade weapons.
    When I can get a gun with a fun switch you can tell me that

right around here

When I can get a gun with a fun switch you can tell me that
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i.../36_1049/CMMG/

Gun Shop in the U.S., now tell me some of that kit isn't Military Grade ...

Freud said it best.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    How is pointing an pulling a trigger considered "sports"?

So your only scared of black guns? You know accessories don't make a gun any better at killing. Just like adding performance parts to a car doesnt make it any more lethal when you kill people. It's all in how its used. What you linked are basically the LEGO version of guns and people take pride in modifying them like you do your computer or some people take pride in upgrading their car.

Spoiler, spray painting it black doesnt do anything. We arent orkz.

Im seeing stocks and .22 rifles lol

Fucking christ this is what the GOP is talking about with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by hagima View Post
    How is pointing an pulling a trigger considered "sports"?
    600yd accuracy shots, skeet shooting, IPSC/USPSA(handgun competition).

Me going out and shooting 600yrds with my target rifle is like someone going out and playing golf on Sunday. Only I make more noise.