Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    So shooting deers is not murdering the deer? What do you even want to achieve with this and some other of your posts?
    Oh come on, shooting game and deer is probably the one purpose of firearms (hunting rifles anyway) that I totally understand. I wouldn't let everyone hunt without an intelligence and maturity check prior but still, let them hunt deer, that's what the stupid things are running around for. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Electricity isn't used to murder people.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_chair

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guns were designed/still have the primary purpose to kill and/or wound other living things. Everything else you listed CAN kill, but they weren't designed/are primary used to kill and/or wound other living things.

Electricity isn't used to murder people. It is used to enhance humanity. Guns only drag us backwards not forward.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_chair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    ONE IS ONE TOO MANY is a bullshit stance. Using your logic we should shut down the internet, because it has directly lead to peoples deaths.

Guns arent going anywhere, try figuring out why they shoot each other. Hint, they happen in the inner cities for the most part. Leave me in the boonies alone.
    Why not? My country managed to remove most of them. So why can't yours? Oh right you are do bloody backwards for that.
    Aye mate

Sonovabitch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Except it's a bow... you have to carry around a fucking bow, with arrows mind you. I'd rather take my chances running away from someone with a bow and a few arrows then a pistol and the 30 or so bullets they can store in a few clips.
    I used to be a democrat, then I took a arrow to the knee.

jk

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

Deleted

metal != gun
    electricity != electric chair

10+ Year Old Account
    People are afraid of guns because their ONLY purpose is to harm or kill something else. It's silly to even compare to things like cars, rocks plastic bags etc as their primary purpose is not to cause harm or death to something else. If cars were not used to transport people but their only function was to kill people then they would be banned too. The only problem is that a large portion of Americans have grown up where guns are completely normal, a lot of other countries haven't so when we see things like "guns are our freedom" "banning our guns is like removing a limb" we basically think you are a complete wacko.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    You keep missing the fucking point. Electricity wasn't MADE to kill other humans. Guns are MADE to kill other humans.
    Aye mate

Your extreme anti-gun stance is pretty stupid, as is this statement. We don't have to use electricity, do we? But we do and using guns should be allowed too, but only regulated.
    How can you equal owning and using a gun to being dependant on electricity? Next you'll tell us you need to caress your gun once a day it's like breathing air, right? You're being ridiculously beside common sense. You don't "need" a gun. His viewpoint is not extreme anti-gun. It's... normal. It's the common stance in Europe. You guys saying you actually need to own a gun just like we need electricity, that is the extreme stance.

Deleted
    its simple, you can kill 1 or 3 people with a knife before you are taken down, but you can kill an endless amount of people with a gun! Its not that a gun is lethal, but that it has range and bullets that allows a huge number a deathtoll behind a single gunner. If we were in the old days, where muskets were the only ranged weapen around, i would see no reason for it to more dangerous then a knife... or a plastic bag.

PS: a gun does not need alot of trainning for you to kill alot of people with it, which means that kids, young people and demented people can really kill as many people as there is bullets in the guns clip.

You keep missing the fucking point. Electricity wasn't MADE to kill other humans. Guns are MADE to kill other humans.
    Guns are made to project a mass down a barrel
    Dead people are just one of the side effects. Delicious deer jerky is another.

Electricity isn't used to murder people. It is used to enhance humanity. Guns only drag us backwards not forward.
    I don't think you've got my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh come on, shooting game and deer is probably the one purpose of firearms (hunting rifles anyway) that I totally understand. I wouldn't let everyone hunt without an intelligence and maturity check prior but still, let them hunt deer, that's what the stupid things are running around for. :P
    I don't disagree; I was only wondering about what deer not being human had to do with the fact that shooting deers is murdering.

Yes, they're lethal. We know this. But so are knives, rocks, plastic bags, pillows and
    by this logic all weapons are equal. obviously that isn't true.

guns make killing a lot easier. you don't see armies fighting each other with pillows. they use weapons that make it easier to kill. just having a gun in the home dramatically increases the odds you will die from being shot. especially if you are female.

if guns were no more dangerous than rocks or plastic bags then you'd have the same probability of death in homes without guns. but that's absolutely not the case. it's a provable fact that homes with guns have higher death rates (homicide, accidental, suicide). and that's just counting the legally owned ones.

gun control doesn't work
    then every single country with stricter gun control should have similar homicide rates as the usa. right?

almost all of them have lower rates. the common excuse i hear for this is that their culture is different and that's why they have fewer homicides. you're basically admitting that the usa has an inferior culture regarding violence and firearms and needs to change. either that or you admit gun control works. take your pick.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2014-01-05 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    People are afraid of guns because their ONLY purpose is to harm or kill something else.
    Don't go there, mate. These insane folks will tell you how a gun is used to hunt, which - granted - is a proper use for a rifle. Then when you tell them that a tool whose major purpose is to take life is bad, yadda yadda, they pretend not to understand, you tell them about how dangerous a gun is and then the next thing you'll know is that you're discussing how cars are more evil than guns because cars kill more people per year etc, etc. Been there, done that. Crazy people are crazy. Just go with the flow and do what we've done for the passt 300 years, ship the nutters off to America and hope the next civil war really solves everything by proving Darwin right once and for all.

Personallly I hope the gun fanatics kill off each other, because they're also the religious fanatics that think Darwin is a fiction novelist. Wouldn't that be ironic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guns are made to project a mass down a barrel
    Dead people are just one of the side effects. Delicious deer jerky is another.
    That is it? That is your response... You don't have an argument because I keep being right. You have still yet to give me one good reason a civilian NEEDS to own a gun.
    Aye mate

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guns are made to project a mass down a barrell.
    Wrong. Guns work by firing. Their purpose is to inflict harm.

That is it? That is your response... You don't have an argument because I keep being right. You have still yet to give me one good reason a civilian NEEDS to own a gun.
    I stopped taking you seriously when you said we should ban bows as weapons of war

I don't disagree; I was only wondering about what deer not being human had to do with the fact that shooting deers is murdering.
    Huh, good point!