Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Suicide is among the top ten leading causes of death in this country. It's also incredibly preventable.
    Sure, preventable with treatment. Not by prohibiting firearms to 60 million people. I'm not sure why you have such a hard time with the "deemed a danger to themself or others" provision.

I know you guys like to try to make numbers really really small then say "Look! It's not a big deal!"
    Too bad that's not what I said at all. My point wasn't that the number was small, my point was the fact that you're talking about completely blocking the Constitutional right of nearly 60 million Americans based on the actions of 20k.

That's complete bullshit.

Suicide has a major societal and financial impact on this country.
    And prohibiting firearms wouldn't prevent suicide, either. Though it's a good step... but only if the person is deemed to be a danger to themself.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Suicide is among the top ten leading causes of death in this country. It's also incredibly preventable.

I know you guys like to try to make numbers really really small then say "Look! It's not a big deal!" Especially when it's raw data. But you're completely wrong. Suicide in this country is a big deal. We could go over the financial costs, loss of productivity, the cost of failed suicides resulting in life-long medical bills...whatever you'd like. Suicide has a major societal and financial impact on this country.
    This tangental argument to take away guns could only ever be accepted by someone who wants to take them all away to begin with.

FACT: people do not become suicidal because of access to firearms. Well, let me take that back, some folks around here might be that distraught being given the burdens of such freedom.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...iciderate.html

The list is topped by South Korea, Hungary, Japan, Belgium, and Finland. Even Canada barely has a higher rate than the States. Look at Japan: almost twice as high as the US! They have about 15 guns in the whole country in civilian hands. I know this may be a controversial theory, but maybe people don't need a gun to commit suicide?

You know full well if you banned all guns people would continue to kill themselves. You may have lesser numbers...or you may not, since there are of course 1000000 other factors that cause suicides not related to firearms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This is probably one of those moments where I agree with the pro gun folks in this thread. Savor it while it lasts
    I was going to say. You are scaring me Aeluron. Starting to see the light and all
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I was going to say. You are scaring me Aeluron. Starting to see the light and all
    Well when someone says people with insomnia shouldn't have firearms... It gets a bit "Wat....lol"

There are worse mental illnesses to have. Granted they all suck but some are much worse then others.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well when someone says people with insomnia shouldn't have firearms... It gets a bit "Wat....lol"

There are worse mental illnesses to have. Granted they all suck but some are much worse then others.
    Yep definitely.

I'm certainly not opposed to preventing those with mental disorders, that will/can cause them to hurt others, from having weapons. I just think we need to be very specific on what those are. And honestly it needs to be a case by case situation in my opinion. Is that more time consuming? Sure. But in the end I think it's more fair then saying "If you have X mental disorders you can't have a gun."

I know quite a few guys who suffer from PTSD that wouldn't harm a fly unless their lives, or their families, were in danger.

So in my opinion it is definitely a case by case situation.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ts-At-The-Door

im sure this will piss a bunch of liberals off once its signed
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

15+ Year Old Account
    http://freepatriot.org/2014/03/23/di...ng-gun-owners/

so Dicks thinks their policy overrides state law?
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

So many stereotypes are reinforced with that website...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So many stereotypes are reinforced with that website...
    yep look past what it is because of the site because you know the actions of dicks are bs but you dont care typical of you its all about your shitty push for more gun laws
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    The article to the right of it saying "Rumsfield says a trained Monkey can do better then Obama" That's just shit I hear on MMO-Champion. Sheez. Off-topic but still.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Glad to see him go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Glad to see him go.
    well lets just go ahead and pile on here im also hearing he was trafficking guns too
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    well lets just go ahead and pile on here im also hearing he was trafficking guns too
    Pretty ironic huh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Pretty ironic huh.
    its beautiful because those are the ones who want to restrict us on guns and they pull shit like this and even better there is no plausible defense for it
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Not surprising activity from a Democrat. Just wish it was Feinstein would have made the story so much better. I have no doubt out corrupt attorney general will find a way to get him out of this mess.
    Last edited by ugotownd; 2014-03-27 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ugotownd View Post
    Not surprising activity from a Democrat. Just wish it was Feinstein would have made the story so much better. I have no doubt out corrupt attorney general will find a way to get him out of this mess.
    Well, I guess no one knows the need for gun control policy better than a liberal who's trafficking guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Well, I guess no one knows the need for gun control policy better than a liberal who's trafficking guns.
    What's ridiculous is the fact that Lee has been crusading for gun control for years.

He authored SB-47 for the 2013-14 session and SB-249 for the 2011-12 session before that, both of which were attempts to ban bullet buttons in California.

And now he's caught trafficking guns?

Priceless.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing is that people will completely dismiss this and continue to blindly follow our politicans.

We obviously have to have trust that they are doing their job and have our best interests at heart, I mean we did vote them in. But to follow them blindly without any critical thinking of your own astounds me.

But hey, the government can never and will never do bad things, mmmmk?