Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    probably not paranoid, but at least more concerned

on the other hand, going by what other people in this thread think, weapons aren´t capable of anything, so what are you talking about?
    I don't think anyone's disagreeing that weapons can hurt people. What we are discussing is that we shouldn't punish the majority because of the few mentally ill people that hurt others.
    Last edited by TwoNineMarine; 2014-06-04 at 02:11 PM.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    I guess you missed the direct quote from the article you linked where it contradicted itself....Did you miss that?

Unlimited uses on a knife. Someone doesnt carry around hundreds of rounds anyways....
    This is ironic considering the above picture of the guns being carried in Target

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I don't think anyone's disagreeing that weapons can hurt people. We we are discussing is that we shouldn't punish the majority because of the few mentally ill people that hurt others.
    yeah, we have a very different understanding of punish, having some stricter laws that make it harder for gun trafficking isn´t something i would consider a punishment or at least not regarding the majority
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

And yeah being close to family and friends who are able and willing to help can make things much easier.
    you have no idea of what he just said, did you? Hes talking community, not jus friends and family - a concept that seems to be growing more alien in my country of America.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, we have a very different understanding of punish, having some stricter laws that make it harder for gun trafficking isn´t something i would consider a punishment or at least not regarding the majority
    To stop weapons trafficking is not a bad thing. But when you end up punishing law abiding citizens at the same time is when I have issues.

Like I've said before. I'm all for background checks and stuff. I like the thought of a Universal Background Check (to include private sales) but there is no way to regulate private sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    you have no idea of what he just said, did you? Hes talking community, not jus friends and family - a concept that seems to be growing more alien in my country of America.
    Yes. The whole continent of Europe has moved closer together to help each other. The countries there bicker with each other just as much now as they did before the world wars.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Another shining example of firearm ownership, brought to you by Open Carry Texas. Target is a dangerous place, guys. Make sure you're packing heat if you decide to go there. You never know what could happen.
    The best part about these demonstrations are that most of these guys are just wanna-be special forces with their tacti-cool gear, and if they actually got into an active shooter situation, they'd probably wind up dead.

"I've seen EVERY Jerry Miculek video on YouTube, I'm not worried."

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another reason that outdated Amendment needs to be abolished.
    It's interesting to me that we've gone from tighter regulations to abolishment. So much for those "that's a slippery slope" criticisms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    The best part about these demonstrations are that most of these guys are just wanna-be special forces with their tacti-cool gear, and if they actually got into an active shooter situation, they'd probably wind up dead.

"I've seen EVERY Jerry Miculek video on YouTube, I'm not worried."

- - - Updated - - -

It's interesting to me that we've gone from tighter regulations to abolishment. So much for those "that's a slippery slope" criticisms.
    Might as well get rid of the 1st as well. Don't need that pesky little bugger now do we?

15+ Year Old Account
    To stop weapons trafficking is not a bad thing. But when you end up punishing law abiding citizens at the same time is when I have issues.

Like I've said before. I'm all for background checks and stuff. I like the thought of a Universal Background Check (to include private sales) but there is no way to regulate private sales.
    so preparing for something that is very unlikely to occur - yes, sure, you´d be stupid if not, regardless how low the chances are

making laws that would regulate private sales - pff, no one would abide the laws out of inconvenience and everybody knows the chances of getting caught is very low

first scenario you´re risking your life, very unlikely, but that´s the point

second scenario you´re likely to sell a gun unknowingly to a criminal, risking your life and/or life of other people

Yes. The whole continent of Europe has moved closer together to help each other. The countries there bicker with each other just as much now as they did before the world wars.
    not even comparable
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account

not even comparable
    Not even comparable to what?

I'm saying that you'd have NO way of tracking what sales took place and what sales did not. Which would be the whole point yeah?

And if you are smart you are not selling to a criminal. I ensure that anyone I sell to has a Conceal Carry Permit. Having one of those shows they haven't committed any felonies. Because the police take those from ya if you do. Unless that person is on the run from the police and is calmly looking to purchase a firearm (which is highly unlikely).

15+ Year Old Account
    Not even comparable to what?

I'm saying that you'd have NO way of tracking what sales took place and what sales did not. Which would be the whole point yeah?

And if you are smart you are not selling to a criminal. I ensure that anyone I sell to has a Conceal Carry Permit. Having one of those shows they haven't committed any felonies. Because the police take those from ya if you do. Unless that person is on the run from the police and is calmly looking to purchase a firearm (which is highly unlikely).
    not comparable to pre world war one

law abiding citizens would have to let the government know and demand a background check prior to sale

10+ Year Old Account
    Tighter regulations require abolishment.

I'm not saying that firearms in society shouldn't exist. Plenty of things in society exist without having specific amendments.
    Eat yo vegetables

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another shining example of firearm ownership, brought to you by Open Carry Texas. Target is a dangerous place, guys. Make sure you're packing heat if you decide to go there. You never know what could happen.

pfft. It is not those type I am concerned with. It is the ones who can come in the middle of the night when you can not see them. What they are doing is permissible in Ohio also unless restricted by a local law or some places like court houses or schools, banks..etc.. Otherwise would not raise any concerns here. We are not paranoid when it comes to open carry guns.

I'm not saying that firearms in society shouldn't exist. Plenty of things in society exist without having specific amendments.
    If this was true, it would have already been abolished since it's been regulated before.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

You understand that asking responsible gun-owners to give up the only thing keeping the Diane Feinstein's away because "plenty of things in society exist without having specific amendments" is asking a whole lot of trust for people who aren't deserving of it, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was true, it would have already been abolished since it's been regulated before.
    I should say "The type of regulations I support would require an abolishment." Sure, some regulation continues to trickle in, piece by piece. Not really effecting anything at all. I'm asking for sweeping regulation, that would certainly require the abolishment of the idea that firearm ownership should be a right.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how carrying around semi-automatic rifles while shopping for Oreos is "just them exercising their rights!" Yet another reason that outdated Amendment needs to be abolished.

In reality, they're doing much damage for their cause. People feel uncomfortable around that shit. And rightly so. It's like if I went to a children's park and started screaming obscenities. Just exercising my 1st Amendment right.
    You may feel uncomfortable with it and some places it is not even legal , but to suggest they abolish that part of the Second Amendment is not only a pipe dream , but goes beyond being reasonable and many are not going to take you serous and such a stance can only hurt your chances of getting reasonable gun control laws passed.
    When it comes to free speech many places also have disturbing the peace laws. But we still need the 1st Amendment very much so.

I should say "The type of regulations I support would require an abolishment." Sure, some regulation continues to trickle in, piece by piece. Not really effecting anything at all. I'm asking for sweeping regulation, that would certainly require the abolishment of the idea that firearm ownership should be a right.
    And somehow, based on your crystal ball, the ones you want will have an impact on something?

I'm not even sure what is desired from you at this point, aside from just assuaging irrational fears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dream on. Not going to happen in the US as a board sweeping way you are implying.

10+ Year Old Account
    And somehow, based on your crystal ball, the ones you want will have an impact on something?
    No one can know for certain. But I believe that broad sweeping changes would have a positive impact.

I'm not even sure what is desired from you at this point, aside from just assuaging irrational fears.
    Hundreds of billions in societal costs, mixed with 100,000+ injuries, 30,000+ deaths. All over something that provides very little benefit to society. Doesn't seem very irrational.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Dream on. Not going to happen in the US as a board sweeping way you are implying.
    I wouldn't be so certain, Ghost. Second Amendment has been under attack for some time. Another 50+ years of mass shootings isn't going to convince people otherwise. I wouldn't get too comfortable.
    Eat yo vegetables

No one can know for certain. But I believe that broad sweeping changes would have a positive impact.
    Until you've got something more substantial than a hunch, modifying the Constitution isn't going to happen.

Hundreds of billions in societal costs, mixed with 100,000+ injuries, 30,000+ deaths. All over something that provides very little benefit to society. Doesn't seem very irrational.
    There you go again with your broad brush. Is abolishing the second going to prevent firearm suicides? Or justified police shootings? Or gang shootings?