Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Wonder how the anti gun folks think that would have ended if he wasn't armed?
    They do not like discussing it. Much rather talk about a mass shooting and call it a epidemic, when it it not one. More people die on the highways from crashes over each 4th of July than in the worse mass shooting on record here.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Great!!. Have fun. It is always exciting to try out a new firearm. Hope it fits what you want it for.
    yup sure fun when someone tries out a new firearm in a Walmart...…

oh and what happened to these brave gun owners coming to the rescue
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...oting-n1039011

"Ain’t much I can do for the kids," he said. "So I just made my way out."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'll just say I'm probably in the minority in that I support the 2nd Amendment but do not myself own any firearms.

They are too loud and expensive for my taste but I respect peoples right to defend their property with them. I do own a hunting crossbow though and like knives and such. But I just don't like the ear shredding nature of guns personally but don't begrudge people owning them.
    Glad to hear you do. Sounds like you understand why it is important also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Saw it online, not a single mention of it across 4 different stations reporting news.
    It's just become so common now that it's not news as such I guess...

Those poor people...

Edit: Now it's cropping up, about time, was starting to seem like they were being downright flippant.
    It has been on Fox News since early afternoon. Constant coverage.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

- - - Updated - - -

It has been on Fox News since early afternoon. Constant coverage.
    I'm not in the US though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Sounds like the shooter in this instance was, shockingly, a white supremacist.

We need a blanket ban on white people buying guns until we can figure out what the hell is going on and why so many white people are being radicalized. /s
    How do you know that? And the Garlic festival shooter also had material about ISIS. Which was he? A white supremacist or a radical Islamic terrorist supporter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    yup sure fun when someone tries out a new firearm in a Walmart...…

and with that AceofH's claims "it was a gun free zone" are shown to be bullshit

well, anyways, Thoughts and Prayers™
    see you all in a week or two

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'm not in the US though.
    Ahh. That makes sense then. Can you get BBC there? They may have had it on early also.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know that? And the Garlic festival shooter also had material about ISIS. Which was he? A white supremacist or a radical Islamic terrorist supporter?
    got a link for that?

They do not like discussing it. Much rather talk about a mass shooting and call it a epidemic, when it it not one. More people die on the highways from crashes over each 4th of July than in the worse mass shooting on record here.
    Someone does not understand that cars are both more populace in this country and used by a multiple of 1000x vs a gun.

Someone also does not understand an accident vs a mass shooting.

You really don't understand how statistics work, nor do I believe you would care since you just like to spew your agenda.

and on top of all that
    In 2013, 99.4% of car deaths were accidental in nature. In sharp contrast, only 1.8% of gun deaths were accidental.

The new data, released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, shows that the gun death rate hit 12.2 per 100,000 people in 2017, up from 12 in 2016 and 10.3 in 1999 (the earliest year of data available). The gun suicide rate increased to 7.3 in 2017, from 7.1 in 2016, while the gun homicide rate remained flat at 4.5.

The total gun death rate surpassed the car crash death rate of 11.9 per 100,000 people, as the rate of car crash deaths has steadily decreased while the gun death rate has increased over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    got a link for that?
    hahahh good luck getting that one from him. he will just put you on ignore if you push for actual proof on anything

10+ Year Old Account
    got a link for that?
    I will try to find the source. I know I read it and it stated he had reading material on both subjects.....

Here we go....https://video.foxnews.com/v/60662119...#sp=show-clips

Jul. 31, 2019 - 2:13 - Federal investigators have reportedly found a gas mask, bulletproof vest and reading materials on white supremacy and radical Islam in the Nevada apartment of the Garlic Festival gunman; Claudia Cowan has the details.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-08-03 at 11:44 PM.

I will try to find the source. I know I read it and it stated he had reading material on both subjects.....

Jul. 31, 2019 - 2:13 - Federal investigators have reportedly found a gas mask, bulletproof vest and reading materials on white supremacy and radical Islam in the Nevada apartment of the Garlic Festival gunman; Claudia Cowan has the details.
    so the proof is someone said it on fox news...

wow
    just

wow

10+ Year Old Account

so nothing about ISIS, and in the same video "urged his followers to read a book on neo-nazis", considering all the other stuff he was reading, the radical islam stuff was probly more of a "I want to know my enemy" type research rather than something he was espousing to

but Im sure the FBI will release something more concrete in a few days

10+ Year Old Account
    so nothing about ISIS, and in the same video "urged his followers to read a book on neo-nazis", considering all the other stuff he was reading, the radical islam stuff was probly more of a "I want to know my enemy" type research rather than something he was espousing to

but Im sure the FBI will release something more concrete in a few days
    ISIS is a radical Islam group. He was a radical deranged individual, which explains his mental condition is the real cause of the shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Wonder how the anti gun folks think that would have ended if he wasn't armed?
    Probably like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

I am waiting for the day when some people will finally understand that having a gun does not mean you are actually able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Probably like this:
    Still doesn't prove their point. I have concluded most of them are from other countries anyhow, and thankfully their opinions don't count.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

I got my license to carry so I pull my gun out and I start to hide.
    LOL somebody needs to link the youtube video of women shooting perps right now

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I don't say buy into the idea that the 2nd Amendment is a self-destruct button caked into the constitution; I mean its initial purpose was to not have a standing army due to the lasting legacy of the English Civil War and Cromwell; BUT Its legal function now seems sound enough, private ownership of firearms for self defense seems rational to me. Like why I carry a knife or pepper spray or things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

ISIS is a radical Islam group. He was a radical deranged individual, which explains his mental condition is the real cause of the shooting.
    The perfect solution to this is to cut health care especially mental health funding like the republicans are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    There are only 2 ways to stop these situations from happening and anything else is just symbolic virtue signaling.

1. Completely ban and confiscate all firearms.
    2. Investigate and punish extremist behavior much more vigilantly/harshly.

Both actions are incompatible with the current state of the Constitution. Without some cataclysmic event or level of revolution, might as well get used to this stuff or move.

To be clear, I’m a supporter of gun elimination.
    Which is not going to happen in the US. It is a good thing for the weaker to have the option to have a tool which can help equalize their chances of surviving an attack. Would be great if someone could invent a tool which would instantly stun and incapacitate a human without killing them. Until that is the case, I will continue to use my firearms for self defense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I don't say buy into the idea that the 2nd Amendment is a self-destruct button caked into the constitution; I mean its initial purpose was to not have a standing army due to the lasting legacy of the English Civil War and Cromwell; BUT Its legal function now seems sound enough, private ownership of firearms for self defense seems rational to me. Like why I carry a knife or pepper spray or things like that.
    I think the Second Amendment served 2 purposes. The one was to have a militia which could be called upon in case of the need. Secondly, was to give the people the right to keep and bear arms for self defense. The Supreme Court seems to agree with that, as they ruled the right of the people to keep and bear arms is a right separate from the militia and can be used for self defense.

Carrying a knife and/or pepper spray is certainly better than nothing. But they do have limitations. I am sure you aware of those.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the Second Amendment served 2 purposes. The one was to have a militia which could be called upon in case of the need. Secondly, was to give the people the right to keep and bear arms for self defense. The Supreme Court seems to agree with that, as they ruled the right of the people to keep and bear arms is a right separate from the militia and can be used for self defense.

Carrying a knife and/or pepper spray is certainly better than nothing. But they do have limitations. I am sure you aware of those.
    True, I don't contest those legal rights and the history of law around the 2nd Amendment. But one of its initial purposes is sadly void since we do have a permanent standing army and no sign of disbanding it.

As a person born in the UK I kind of like that history since it shows some degree of links, and how events in Britain did actually impact the constitution. In many ways, the US is just an extension of and offshoot development of the processes already ongoing in Britain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.