Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Go to 5:30 of this video and understand the government is lying to you about assault weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yATeti5GmI8

Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    Storage aid? Here in the UK, if you can't afford a safe, which isn't that much and certainly less than half the price of a firearm, you aren't allowed a firearm.

If you're unwilling to spend the money to protect firearms from theft and getting into the wrong hands, you shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

Safes aren't expensive at all.
    A simple safe costs around 100 dollars in the US. These are basically boxes of sheet metal. Someone could literally lift them up and carry them away, or break into them in 5 seconds with a crowbar. A good safe, will at least cost you 2,000. And even then it needs to be bolted down properly. As someone mentioned, many rental places such as apartments do now allow bolting of safes and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    More then that. We need to allow the ATF to keep records. We need to allow them to ask gun dealers to check their inventory and report losses. We need to allow them to keep track of where guns used in crimes came from (the ATF says most such guns come from about 1% of the dealers, but they are not allowed to keep track of which ones these are). We should also have background checks for all sales to make sure they are legal. Right now, NRA sponsored laws make all of that illegal.
    ATF does yearly inspections of every dealer, matching inventory to records. They keep track of firearm trace data as well. Not sure what specific info you meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Honestly? I think it would probably be good for the country. Either compulsorty military service or compulsory civil service. I may be the only liberal in the world who feels this way though.
    I'm fairly liberal, and I have no issue with my own country's drafting process.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    People don't invade Switzerland because of their national policies and history of neutrality. Or guns, yeah must be guns...

I'm no scientist but I'm pretty sure Grenade Launchers aren't cosmetic :P
    It's not the grenade launcher that makes it illegal, it's that it has rails on which one could be mounted. Civilian availability of an under-barrel grenade launcher is slim (illegal) to none (legal). Then you still have to find ammo for it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    LOL..Unstable? You sir are labeling. isnt that discrimination?
    No. And I'm pretty sure the court would agree based on the whole "chainsaw in a lawyers face" comment.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Those of you calling for mental disorder checks b4 gun ownership. Please be advised. The quack science of Psychiatry DSM-5: Every Human Emotions Now Classified as ‘Mental Disorders’

“Mental disorders” named in the DSM-5 include “General Anxiety Disorder” or GAD for short. GAD can be diagnosed in a person who feels a little anxious doing something like, say, talking to a psychiatrist. Thus, the mere act of a psychiatrist engaging in the possibility of making a diagnoses causes the “symptoms” of that diagnoses to magically appear.
    This is called quack science and circular reasoning, yet it’s indicative of the entire industry of psychiatry which has become such a laughing stock among scientific circles that even the science skeptics are starting to turn their backs in disgust. Psychiatry is no more “scientific” than astrology or palm reading, yet its practitioners call themselves “doctors” of psychiatry in order to try to make quackery sound credible.

many other sources out there, but here is one. http://www.naturalnews.com/038322_ds...diagnosis.html.

Im done for now. Going back to kill more stuffs in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you already knew. Then dont require others to "prove" anything when you already know what they are speaking of.
    Others were asking for evidence. It's not my position to provide it, as I'm not the one making the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Honestly? I think it would probably be good for the country. Either compulsorty military service or compulsory civil service. I may be the only liberal in the world who feels this way though.

Define compulsory civil service. I don't want to force people to work in the millitary.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    My point is that if you want to look at Switzerland and their gun culture, you can't cherry pick bits and pieces while ignoring crucial differences. For example, the primary basis for the Swiss gun culture is the mandatory military service requiring them to take part in their armed forces, while the basis for the US gun culture is the rights of the individual and very, very distinctly separate from the armed forces.
    Then why are veterans rights to bear arms under attack here in the US as well? They have served, they are trained, etc etc, yet they are still victim of all of this because they will have their rights taken away. People in the US are free to take armed courses if they so desire, or are taught by their fathers or mothers, and many do. The ones who don't are usually thugs who have stolen guns from law abiding citizens, or have purchased them through other illegal means. Most of these shootings are by felons who have stolen guns, or people who have acquired one illegally. The video I linked earlier shows prosecution of certain crimes involving firearms dropping to the LOWEST they have been since 2001 in the last 2 years. This means more people out on the streets carrying illegally obtained weapons and using them in crimes, more specifically drug and gang related crimes.

Should law abiding citizens be punished because our legal system is failing? Possibly even failing purposefully to push an anti gun measure? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    It's not the grenade launcher that makes it illegal, it's that it has rails on which one could be mounted. Civilian availability of an under-barrel grenade launcher is slim (illegal) to none (legal). Then you still have to find ammo for it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 06:19 PM ----------

No. And I'm pretty sure the court would agree based on the whole "chainsaw in a lawyers face" comment.
    Its called the 1st amendment right. Until they take that, i can say anything i want except "FIRE" in a theater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggySweetness View Post
    Should law abiding citizens be punished because our legal system is failing? Possibly even failing purposefully to push an anti gun measure? I think not.
    I ask you again, and please respond this time. Point to a single post where I have supported the abolishment of the second amendment.

Its called the 1st amendment right. Until they take that, i can say anything i want except "FIRE" in a theater.
    Well, you probably need to read more on your country's exceptions to the 1st amendment..... but I don't think he was saying you would be prosecuted for that statement. Although, technically you could, given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    It has nothing to do with "How it looks." An assault weapon is not an assault rifle, so selective fire capabilities are moot. The term "Assault Weapon" was coined by the 1994 ban.

It's pretty specific as to what the ban deemed as an "Assault Weapon" and has nothing to do with it looking aggressive, but it has specific features. The "not a word" debate is just a load of malarky.
    : a pistol grip, a folding or telescoping stock, a flash suppressor or threaded barrel, a bayonet mount, or a muzzle-mounted grenade launcher.
    So if I attach any of those to my hunting rifle it is now an assault weapon.
    With the exception of a grenade launcher which is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    More then that. We need to allow the ATF to keep records. We need to allow them to ask gun dealers to check their inventory and report losses. We need to allow them to keep track of where guns used in crimes came from (the ATF says most such guns come from about 1% of the dealers, but they are not allowed to keep track of which ones these are). We should also have background checks for all sales to make sure they are legal. Right now, NRA sponsored laws make all of that illegal.
    There is a background check on all weapon purchases currently. ATF does keep track of weapons dealers sell, they are required to keep records or lose their license/business. Most of the weapons used in any gun related crime are stolen or purchased illegally, mostly from people who stole them and then sold them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you'll understand when people call you unstable for saying violent things like that. You know, first amendment and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    You wouldn't even need scissors in 50 years...

When did we stop caring about what we leave behind for future generations?

when you stop racking up trillion dollar debts and leaving it for our children to pay back then i will start worrying about guns

the debt will tear down this nation before guns ever will and when the crash happens caused by the debt you are going to wish you had a gun when the riots start

And it's my First Amendment right to call you unstable. Thanks for playing.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Can you please provide a link to one of these "inexpensive" safes you have over there?
    http://www.thesafeshop.co.uk/product...gun-vault.html

240 dollars. There are plenty of others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggySweetness View Post
    A simple safe costs around 100 dollars in the US. These are basically boxes of sheet metal. Someone could literally lift them up and carry them away, or break into them in 5 seconds with a crowbar. A good safe, will at least cost you 2,000. And even then it needs to be bolted down properly. As someone mentioned, many rental places such as apartments do now allow bolting of safes and such.
    Safes here have to bolted to the wall or floor for obvious reasons.

A good safe doesn't cost 2000 dollars at all, don't be absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The Swiss have mandatory training and very strict storage laws, something the USA is sadly lacking.
    That's...totally an idea I support.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I ask you again, and please respond this time. Point to a single post where I have supported the abolishment of the second amendment.

Well, you probably need to read more on your country's exceptions to the 1st amendment..... but I don't think he was saying you would be prosecuted for that statement. Although, technically you could, given the circumstances.

Right! Just as the talking heads in your tv that call for shooting people they dont like or disagree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right! Just as the talking heads in your tv that call for shooting people they dont like or disagree with.
    I've never seen television personalities do that.