Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Just saw that in the news and having an AK-47? Wat?
    It is possible it is an AK-47, but I would not bet on it, the media is notorious for getting their firearms facts wrong accidentally on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I have yet to see a compelling reason why any civilian needs a firearm with a detachable magazine.

And the only counterpoints to this are either irrational fear or threats of violence. Both of these scream "mentally fragile/weak individual" to me.
    Why is it okay to own a firearm without a detachable magazine, but not one that has a detachable magazine?

Anyway, here's how I feel about "need"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Full autos are not banned to this day, harder to get and expensive yes, banned no.
    Government banning and confiscation of common items has happened in the past, or have you forgotten Prohibition?
    Yes, at the current time confiscation is unattainable, but that does not mean it always will be. Heck, we can void the entire Bill of Rights in the future if we wanted to.
    Why are you speaking in completely in hypotheticals? There will never be a time in our lifetimes that firearms will be banned. End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    It is possible it is an AK-47, but I would not bet on it, the media is notorious for getting their firearms facts wrong accidentally on purpose.
    Well I'm not gun savvy but assuming it is I don't think anyone should hold that kind of firepower. Assuming the guy had it. I didn't hear anything about an AK-47 though. The situation is over that I know of.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to see a compelling reason why any civilian needs a firearm with a detachable magazine.

And the only counterpoints to this are either irrational fear or threats of violence. Both of these scream "mentally fragile/weak individual" to me.
    Makes it easier to reload at the range, makes it easier to render a firearm safe, easier to replace damaged feed related parts.

Makes it easier to reload at the range, makes it easier to render a firearm safe, easier to replace damaged feed related parts.
    I have yet to see anything compelling.

Because it makes it easier to kill massive amounts of people. Any sort of "home defense" can be accomplished with a revolver, or you're fucked anyway.

Deleted
    Just saw that in the news and having an AK-47? Wat?
    Most likely a semi-auto one (if the media didn't fuck the name up again, altho it already somewhat did by calling it an AK-47).
    Last edited by mmoc68ceb3652c; 2013-08-20 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Was he referring to a democracy like the US or a monarchy?

But that logic doesn't make sense, for all the gang members would be a thing of the past. It is a perpetuating cycle, more guns won't create less gang members. Think about the exponential affect of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and drones. These past actions have increased the amount of young muslim men who want to kill innocents and blow themselves up, not reduce.
    Ah yes, everyone know gang members will not want to break the law by having an illegal gun.

Deleted
    Well I'm not gun savvy but assuming it is I don't think anyone should hold that kind of firepower. Assuming the guy had it. I didn't hear anything about an AK-47 though. The situation is over that I know of.
    Well AK-47's are capable of fully automatic fire, even in the USA they are pretty rare, more likely it was a semi-automatic clone. No different to a semi-auto hunting rifle really, but AK-47 sounds much scarier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Why are you speaking in completely in hypotheticals? There will never be a time in our lifetimes that firearms will be banned. End of story.
    Never thought pot would be legal to smoke in my life time 20 years ago either. Times can, and do, change. You know no more about the future than I do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Why is it okay to own a firearm without a detachable magazine, but not one that has a detachable magazine?

Anyway, here's how I feel about "need"
    this pretty much sums up the whole need thing
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    It was probably something like a mini-14. If he was using an actual AK, they would have reported that he'd done the shooting with a low-grade nuclear weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well AK-47's are capable of fully automatic fire, even in the USA they are pretty rare, more likely it was a semi-automatic clone. No different to a semi-auto hunting rifle really, but AK-47 sounds much scarier.

Yeah much scarier. Still not fond of the clone or the hunting rifle either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Why do you need to own two houses? Or a recreational vehicle? Or a bicycle? Or two computers?

It has nothing to do with need.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, everyone know gang members will not want to break the law by having an illegal gun.
    I wasn't saying that; she said she doesn't care if they shoot each other because she thinks it will reduce the amount of gang members, however gang violence and gang deaths leads to more males joining the gangs for retribution, camaraderie in poverty, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Why do you need to own two houses? Or a recreational vehicle? Or a bicycle? Or two computers?

It has nothing to do with need.
    Were any of those designed to kill?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to see anything compelling.

Because it makes it easier to kill massive amounts of people. Any sort of "home defense" can be accomplished with a revolver, or you're fucked anyway.
    So you support the idea police should go back to revolvers then?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a whole safe full of guns sitting in my closet. Guess how many people I've killed with them. I'll give ya 3 tries.

So you support the idea police should go back to revolvers then?
    I wouldn't be surprised if he wants police to "use their words"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Oh, so now you're moving the goal posts and adding the qualifier that it's designed to kill?

Give me a break. Guns used in illegal capacities are the vast, overwhelming minority. The sky isn't falling, Chicken Little.