Alt character: DK versus Ret Paladin

So my guild is starting to branch out with new things to do on our off days from progression, and an alt raid is one of those things we'd like to do. Our current alt roster has an opening for a plate DPS, and I'd like to take that just for something a little different to keep it all fresh.

First off, I hate warriors. I don't know why, but neither Arms nor Fury feels like much fun to me.

That being said, I've been having a difficult time deciding between rolling a Death Knight or a Ret Paladin. I prefer the playstyle of Ret; I like how fast it starts to feel once haste levels start to climb high. But, I've been told that Ret paladins aren't doing "that" well this tier. Sims and WoL reports can kind of confirm that to a point.

Death Knights are looking really strong, and I do enjoy Frost. I can tell by WoL and sims that 2h frost is doing mighty fine these days.

My question is, am I accurate on this? Are DK DPS really much better than Ret paladins? Should I bother messing with a Retadin at the moment, or stick with the Death Knight for safety?

(And yes, I'm aware that it's just an alt run. But we're planning to do equally as well as our main run does, which is currently 9/16 Heroic, with 2 more kills "hopefully" coming within the next day or two. So every advantage I can get will help make that a reality)

Death knight because we're awesome.

Maybe telling us what your current main is would help us determine which class would be better suited for your alt?

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Maybe telling us what your current main is would help us determine which class would be better suited for your alt?
    My main is a Warlock, but that doesn't matter much. I've played one of everything at level 85 (boredom. I like leveling alts) and at least 5 of those (Paladin, Death Knight, Warrior, Hunter, Rogue) were all at least around the 390-ilvl mark after 5.0 hit, so I've seen all of their mechanical changes and whatever. I'm not asking "which class do you think I'd prefer to play" so much as I'm asking which of the two are actually performing better in a heroic raiding scenario