Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Yes, because SoI totally got nerfed for single-target.
    I was more or less referring to its general state since before the AoE nerf, and not making a direct correlation to the recent nerf. Nonetheless it's absolutely ridiculous that Paladins have had their AoE heal nerfed (which let's face it, was only useful for mass trash pulls and not so much on raid bosses) while Blood Death Knights remain... unchanged.

Is there any confirmation on this yet? I tried to ask a GM and he moved it as a bug report, I know GMs are clueless but this coming at the odd time it did, after being an integral part of how we played for so long, without warning, no blue post or hint about it means it could still be a bug.

They can't possibly say it wasn't intended.. That'd give out the message that Pallies solo old raids = stealth undocumented nerf. DKs solo challenge modes = working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Back in Cata, i recall them hotfixing AS (i think it was AS at least). It wasn't until people started asking questions that GC came out and said that there had been a change and that they were sorry they hadn't let us know beforehand.
    Don't know about Cata, but in Mists, the silence from multiple targets was gone, and it wasn't until weeks later that they just made a passing mention that "ranged silence on one target is already good enough, no need to make it 3".

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Well, that's any consideration i was giving to resubbing out the window. I was considering coming back just for soloing old raids after my financial situation cleared up a little, but if soloing Najentus is now going to be a challenge (the healing from a 20+ pack SoI meant staying alive wasn't a problem, but the shield from him meant gathering packs for vengeance was very beneficial), and thus make me frustrated before i'm even properly into the instance, then i think i'll keep my cash. For most soloing, it's not too bad, but for the times when it's beneficial, it's a heavy nerf.

I don't understand the mentality. Are we really that much better than other tanks in all ranges of content?

Back in Cata, i recall them hotfixing AS (i think it was AS at least). It wasn't until people started asking questions that GC came out and said that there had been a change and that they were sorry they hadn't let us know beforehand.
    Just go ret and kill him in 20 seconds.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    I find it funny that there have been no blue response to this..
    - It's all over both US and EU forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    I find it funny that there have been no blue response to this..
    - It's all over both US and EU forums.
    They generally don't mention hotfixes until they update the hotfix post. This is pretty much standard procedure.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

good, another reason not to use a prot paladin in challenge modes

thanks blizz

also second wind is 100% completely and totally balanced!

I see lots of crying on something that only effects us when we solo old raids or do challenge modes. As far as effecting me as a tank in a raid it hasn't.
    I do not like that you say "only" here...
    so just beacuse you are fine with the change for your current raiding means we who for example mainly does CM's or farm old raids aren't playing the same game?
    There is way more then one way to play this game sir! they have to find a balance. not just changing one thing straight off the bat to solve one issue when another one pops up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

prot paladins can heal ok on wind lord, nerf

dks can solo lei shi, ok

i like how things at blizzard work, dont you

I was JUST about to make Paladin my main tanking alt.

Looks like DK or Warrior for me. Or hell, even Guardian Druid.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post

dks can solo lei shi, ok

Issue: Frost Bomb does too much damage to players.
    Solution:
    - Nerf the glyph by 50%, making it useless with Frost Bomb
    - Nerf the damage it does to players by 20%
    - Nerf the duration to be +2s, virtually ruining PvE rotations
    - Reduce Deep Freeze by 1s
    - Nerf Mage Armor by 10%
    - Nerf Spellsteal by tripling the mana cost, making it near useless in any situation
    - Nerf a bunch of other stuff

I really love how Blizzard does balancing.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I was JUST about to make Paladin my main tanking alt.

Looks like DK or Warrior for me. Or hell, even Guardian Druid.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 05:27 PM ----------

Issue: Frost Bomb does too much damage to players.
    Solution:
    - Nerf the glyph by 50%, making it useless with Frost Bomb
    - Nerf the damage it does to players by 20%
    - Nerf the duration to be +2s, virtually ruining PvE rotations
    - Reduce Deep Freeze by 1s
    - Nerf Mage Armor by 10%
    - Nerf Spellsteal by tripling the mana cost, making it near useless in any situation
    - Nerf a bunch of other stuff

I really love how Blizzard does balancing.
    I think GC should just go back to what he was doing in beta. Talk to people and see their opinion (but in the end the he'd still have the final word) so we could see what are his plans and show him why some changes are bad.

Most of time he only answer stupid things in Twitter like "when are you leaving Blizzard".

10+ Year Old Account
    GC just responded to my Tweet regarding the nerf.

Well now we know for sure it wasn't a bug. At least they are intending to compensate us with a SoI buff though.
    Last edited by Xothic; 2012-12-20 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post

dks can solo lei shi, ok

Works perfectly with the "Alright, Gentlemen" meme.

Couldn't resist:

Please do not post meme or meme-like images. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-12-20 at 10:58 PM.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

looks like most of the fun spells are bug that will be nerfed sooner or later

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I was more or less referring to its general state since before the AoE nerf, and not making a direct correlation to the recent nerf. Nonetheless it's absolutely ridiculous that Paladins have had their AoE heal nerfed (which let's face it, was only useful for mass trash pulls and not so much on raid bosses) while Blood Death Knights remain... unchanged.
    Because DK self healing isn't as related to how many targets you have on you as it is for paladins ? Also because DK take a lot more unmitigated damage than paladins and actually need that self-healing to survive . The two classes are very different, I'm not sure you can compare them like that.

This nerf doesn't change much for raiding, it only really affects challenge modes and 5-mans.

In challenge modes, you'll still be able to heal your party in a reliable way as a paladin though, while Death Knights won't. Well, they never did anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-12-21 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just did Bug Island for Shado Pan again. Died because mobs are so clustered. Wish I played a DK or a warrior now.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Because DK self healing isn't as related to how many targets you have on you as it is for paladins ?
    Uh yes it is. More targets, more damage taken, more self heals.

As for patch notes

Classes•Paladin•The self heal from Seal of Insight will trigger approximately 33% more often.

Woop de doop :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Uh yes it is. More targets, more damage taken, more self heals
    Because DK self healing isn't as related to how many targets you have on you as it is for paladins ?
    Of course you will heal more. It is nowhere near what a paladin can (could) do though, because one is based on the damage you took during the last 5 sconds, and the other is based on vengeance. Which is why I formulated my sentence that way.