Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Our raid is stuck on Elegon.

This boss has been a pain for us. We usually have to pug a few (But we get geared and competent pugs to fill in spots).

We had 2 really good attempts getting to the final phase, but we always die pretty quickly.

Since we pug, I can't say exactly what our raid comp will be. But for our attempt we had:

Druid / Warrior Tank
    Shaman / Priest Heals

Afflic Warlock
    SV Hunter
    Ele shaman
    Arcane Mage
    Ret Paladin
    Boomkin

We generally aimed to have 4 stacks of debuff, but for our best attempt we tried it at 3/4 for 9 total stacks.

We die generally within the first 30seconds of the final burn phase. Only the tanks were clearing stacks, could that be the problem?

LOGS: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1f...?s=7458&e=8033
    Last edited by Dyss; 2012-12-20 at 03:50 AM.

You should never have to clear stacks in P3, just rotate CD's. Your Ret, Mage, Boomkin, and Ele are low, with Boomkin/Ele on the incredibly low end. They really, reallllly need to pick up their DPS. Your Boomkin, Warlock, and Ele Shaman are incredibly low on Sparks, they should not be at 460k, 722k, and 1.7m respectively damage done throughout the fight in that link.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2012-12-20 at 03:54 AM.

We had problems too.

1.) Timing is key. Make sure you check HP %'s to make sure you don't stack an annihilation followed by orbs. It's unnecessary damage.
    2.) Make sure you stack ranged and healer as much as you can while resetting stacks often.
    3.) Try to go for 4 sets of orbs (which will give you 5 stacks per phase). Have healers and tanks help as much as they can. Once you get the 4, focus boss until floor disappears.
    4.) Save raid cooldowns for the last phase, healers will def need em.
    5.) Don't die to silly mechanics. This includes not dying to adds in transition phases, to the gravity boss and the fact you have too many stacks.

Keep at it.

I'm sure other people will comment on your logs.

Good luck.

in your longest pull raid dien on catastrophic anomaly thats enrage timer run out ande moore ppl need to be at 100k dps +

thx for feedback.

The reason the boomkin was low on spark dmg was because i was helping him, which mightve been a mistake.

Every dps has a spark assigned to them. It's very important that they can achieve eliminating the orbs before they reach the end. Some classes lack burst, that is why healers and tanks can help out the most in need.

Quote Originally Posted by raeloneq View Post
    Every dps has a spark assigned to them. It's very important that they can achieve eliminating the orbs before they reach the end. Some classes lack burst, that is why healers and tanks can help out the most in need.
    What about boomkin?

And yeah I see that our dps needs to do a little better

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Until you're lowest dps can at least top 80-90k (with at least 3 or 4 people well over 100k) you really don't have much of a shot on this boss, not trying to sound mean. I'm actually perplexed how that's possible for you're dps to be that low unless they're not even standing in the inner ring at all.

Like others said, make sure you stop dps on boss so you can kill the last add in p1 before orbs spawn so you don't stack the explosion with orbs. Make sure you can kill at least 4 orbs in each transition, less than that and it's a giant uphill battle (especially with your group's dps), and don't die to silly stuff like too many stacks or adds/floor in p2.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranged and healers should never be above 5 or 6 stacks. There's no excuse really. As far as I can see, tell your raiders to research the best specs and talents for each individual fight, they seem to be using Cata specs...
    Looking at the kill times for the other bosses, you really do have a major DPS issue, regardless of gear.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

We generally have 2-3 dps stay on elegon full time. But the rest of the dps dps the add down.

We usually have only 2 adds spawn in the first phase 1. We have quite a bit of adds on the second phase 1

Should we keep the add up longer so we can get more dps on elegon?

One thing to note about your comp, make sure your Hunter is using an Attack Speed buff pet, as that's the only buff you're missing.

From the meters alone, the fact that a Hunter is on top is a HUGE problem, and this doesn't seem to be a mechanic problem, it's more a personal rotation/DPS problem.

The only person I can really help is your Mage, Rala, and here's some tips you should give to him/her:
    - Fire Blast should be completely removed from the bars. This spell is worthless unless you're Fire. (or soloing stuff as Frost with the glyph)
    - Incanter's Ward brings sub-optimal DPS. Tell them to use Rune of Power. If they don't want RoP, tell them to go Frost and use Invocation.
    - Because the adds hit really hard, Arcane Explosion is not a viable option to use on them. Tell them to use Blizzard instead.
    - Swap PoM to Scorch. Arcane has no mobility and should you need to move even slightly, you want a spell to use to keep casting. Scorch can also be used as a filler to hold a 6-stack of charges as you let your mana regen.
    - I don't know what the first haste breakpoint is (as I don't play Arcane; I know most of it), but make sure they hit it as it's really vital for Arcane.

If they still have a problem with DPS, try Frost. It doesn't require as much stats as Fire and Arcane do.

But your main problem is that EVERYONE is lower than a HUNTER, on top of their actual numbers being what you should be pulling on a boss that DOESN'T have increased damage taken (on top of a +50% to boot!)

Finally, if you guys are shooting to kill 4 waves (which you should), make sure to completely ignore the 5th wave and just have everyone DPS Elegon. Free DPS time! Also, I'd recommend trying to kill all 6 pylons simultaneously, as it makes him spawn less adds if that's a hassle for you at all. (Plus you get an achievement!)

TL;DR: All your DPS need to look into their classes and rotations a bit as their DPS is ridiculously low for Elegon. They're pulling about half of what they should be.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I noticed from the logs you are stacking your cd's in the last phase, try and spread them out so that you are poping one as the last one ends rather than having them all go off at once. It gives you much more time that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your Afflic Lock should be able to near solo P2. Don't assign him to a charge, have him taking MF, during P2 if he keeps full DoTs up on the boss he can SB:SoC right before the sparks spawn and then spam SoC until they are dead. Even on the fourth or fifth spark he should be able to get them all to around 20% health on his own so just assign one DPS with high burst to two sparks or place the tanks on the extra charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyss View Post
    We generally have 2-3 dps stay on elegon full time. But the rest of the dps dps the add down.

We usually have only 2 adds spawn in the first phase 1. We have quite a bit of adds on the second phase 1

Should we keep the add up longer so we can get more dps on elegon?
    Elegon switches phases at Heath percentages (85 and 50%) not after a certain number of adds, so no. My guild finally got this down when we put our three best DPS on Elegon full time and had the other three manage the add. When we got to the orb phases, we killed 4 sets and had everyone switch to Elegon while the fifth came our, for both rounds. Dpsing the columns quickly is important, but we usually had a DPS stay on Elegon while the other 5 DPS, healers, and tanks took down the 6 columns.

After that, make sure people are not standing in pools, that tanks taunt off the anomalies quickly (they hit hard), and in the final phase, people stack on elegons back side, pop lust and burn everything. We do not have anyone clearing stacks.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Brister; 2012-12-20 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Typo

You say you're aiming for 4 stacks of the buff. I hope you're saying 5 stacks, so you're killing 4 waves of orbs?

The buff is given when they spawn, so if you kill 4 waves, you have 5 stacks, and you completely ignore the 5th wave to dps the boss full time.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

I picked on the boomkin b/c that's what I play. I saw 60% uptime on touch of the titans. First log I found for myself was around 80%, you should absolutely make sure everyone is a starman for as much as possible, clearing stacks only when necessary and then only for a fraction of a second.

Not sure how you are handeling pillars but this helped us a lot:

Assign one dps to each pillar. Make sure they are standing on the edge as they come up like the ranged do in first phase. You have about 10 second before the floor drops to dps the pillars with +50% damage. If you are standing on the edge when the floor falls you will not fall but will have the debuff. This brings the pillars down very quickly which means far less adds on the second transition. By the time floor falls most of our pillars are at about 30%, even will low dps, using the debuff will result in very, very few adds.

Have everyone rush middle and as soon as the adds come up and when they catch up to the raid rotate aoe stuns on them. Its hard to rotate healing cds in pugs so you should be using vent/mumble.
    Last edited by a13hockey; 2012-12-20 at 11:15 AM.

ur ranged should be clearing stacks whenever necessary to lower overall raid dmg.. this means mages/boomys/ele shams sitting on the edge of the circle jus barely inside so they can jump in and out before total annihilation goes off. also periodically clear dmg for orbs cause they seem to hurt..also have everyone raise their dps. oh and the mage breakpoint for arcane haste is around 3056 if i remember correctly.. its pretty easy to achieve.. then u just need to stack mastery

People can write long paragraphs but its a dps problem.

Go back and optimise rotations, figure out how to hit the boss between sparks spawning and so on. By the time p3 starts boss should be at about 35%. This means you can whittle 15% off of him while sparks are travelling. Pay attention to his health %'s and this will give you an idea if people are maxmising uptime or using the spare time to pick belly button fluff.

Use pots, seriously, twice a fight.

your dpsers.. have really really low dps.. thats your problem.

Your mage... he used his arcane power(unglyphed) only twiice on a 9m+fight...
    he used alter time only once.. (alter time is incredibly good as arcane).
    He did not use flask.
    he used 0 pots.
    i dont even see a foodbuff there..

Same thing with your lock..
    no flask/pots/foodbuff
    only 3 uses of Dark soul: misery

well i cba going throu all ur members but,
    My advice whould be, flasks, pots and foodbuff (it costs like nothing but helps alot)