Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've never even looked through a telescope...

Glasses make it hard for me to use telescopes... and if i take them off i can't see anything it's pointed at

Deleted
    1977 or 1978, not sure which., through my first telescope..
    Copious amounts of times ever since 8)

10+ Year Old Account
    when i was 7/8 i think. wasn't too terribly impressive.

I haven't so far. I'll make sure to post again in this thread when I do.

Think I was around 16 (it would've been 2000/2001). Took a telescope out on the back porch and looked at it on a really good night. It was awesome enough that I'll probably never forget.

If I ever have a ton of extra money, I want to get one of those really badass telescopes. The one I have is the cheap Wal Mart special. Good for looking at the moon, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-12-23 at 06:17 AM.

I looked at it a few times with binoculars when I was in middle school I think.

Never a telescope though

never......now that i tihnk about it i dont think i have even used a telescope before

I would've been like 8 and my father took my out with a little home kit telescope, I was most likely not that impressed. Fast forward a decade and a bit and I took my father along with me during a uni astronomy class with some real professional equipment avalible and seeing the moon through that equipment was mind blowing. Actually seeing the depth in the craters was impressive.

As with everything these days, there are telescopes that you can use... online.

Here's an article to get you started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Through a telescope ? never done that. Have used binoculars though, and even that looks amazing.

Deleted
    Looking to the moon directly through a telescope, which is bigger than binocular is actually very bad idea. It's very risky for your eyes (especially when full). Even Venus can be dangerous because of that.
    So yeah, I suggest binocular

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Uhm. Never. I live in New York lol, I don't think people do that where I live. It's too crowded and too many buildings and trees.
    I lived in New York and I first saw the moon through my own telescope when I was like 10 or 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I have, if I did I don't remember. The moon is massively boring to me, I'd rather be looking for nebulae.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I used to have a fairly decent telescope but I sold it. Too much light noise where I live to really get good use out of a decent telescope.
    You can get filters to help with that.

Deleted
    I don't think I have, ever, looked at anything through a telescope.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was 15, at an observatory. Astronomy has never held any particularly interest to me, however.

Yes I think a trip to an observatory to get a real good look at the sky would be very fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mrmmmm probably nine, at the Sydney Observatory.

I still stargaze quite frequently. Eastern Washington is perfect for this - not much cloud, no light pollution. I take my reflecting telescope and set it up in the bed of my pickup with some Mozart playing from my iDock :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.