[Arcane] Looking For More Ways To Improve - WOL Available

I am currently looking for my ways to improve my DPS. My epeen status is in the low percentile and its becoming quite frustrating tbh. I feel as though I am doing something wrong but Can't really spot it.

Look At The Arcane Stats
    raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/kel%27thuzad/skillvex/

10M Normal
    worldoflogs.com/guilds/180011/

MY UI:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jav4G5yUeQQ

I use the same addons but instead of combustion helper i use arcanometer to help me + Nug Bar to help keep a track of arcane charges

I came in on Elegon (The final kill). I figured I would have better responses than on the mage forums in wow. My Rotation Goes as follows..

Prepot
    Mirror Images
    Nether Tempest
    AB 6x (I Sometimes get 2 Missile Procs which I hold until I can pop my alter time)
    Line up my Arcane Power with my Trinkets (usually happens when I have 6 stacks or a few seconds after)
    Alter Time
    2x Missile
    Arcane Barrage
    Fire Blast
    2x Missile
    Repeat the rotation while maintaining 90% mana

Missiles are Priority and then scorch when I am below 90%

AB until below 90%.. Missiles and if I have no Missiles .. I spam scorch until I have a missile proc or am above 89%.. By the time I spam scorch I should be at 91 to 92% mana which then I can spam a AB

When the boss is at 15% I forget about conserving mana and hit the boss with everything I have. AB .. Using Arcane power if it is up .. at 3% I pop a barrage and continue the rotation. IF I run out of mana before the boss is down then I pop a mana gem and continue the rotation of spamming AB (This has not happened yet)

Lately I haven't been to lucky on getting 2 missiles at the start of my rotation. I wait 5 seconds before my trinkets expire.. even if i don't have that 2nd missile but I have 6 stacks with 1 missile and my trinkets are about to expire I will go ahead and pop arcane power and alter time just to get the extra trinket juice.

Movement fights to keep up my 6 stacks of Arcane charge I sometimes pop Arcane explosion if I cant get a missile or a arcane blast out. Although I am having some trouble with that on Will of Emp

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
    Last edited by Skillvex; 2012-12-19 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your reasoning for using Fire Blast in your opener with Nether Tempest?
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Spreading additional dot damage. I have 1 second left by the time I cast everything (Arcane power, alter time, 2 missiles & barrage) Usually I have 5 to 6 seconds left on my Nether tempest so as a filler I place a fire blast on my target by the time that is casted I can repeat my normal rotation. Would you feel replacing it with something else would be more beneficial or would it be pointless to even use fire blast in my rotation?

Deleted
    Seems weird that you have only 1 second left.
    I'm able to AM*2 / Blast / Barrage every time. Then Alter time pops back Missiles*2 then normal rotation.

I have doubt that using all your mana when the boss is @ 15% is a dps gain. Did you test it or it just seemed it was the right thing to do ?

Deleted
    - Your haste is too low. 3056 is one of our haste plateaus
    - Your weaponis horrible. You cannot compete with players wth 49x weapons this way
    - replace mastery with int on your wrists
    - Use expertise on gloves since you still have to reforge in hit
    - Aim for T14 boni. You need to have at least 2p bonus, better 4p bonus (neglectable as soon as you have acces to hero gear)

To sum up: A few small mistakes with concerning you gear. But biggest p roblem is you weapon and the lack of T14.

In fact... you have quite a high item-average, but the items are not... really good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    - Your haste is too low. 3056 is one of our haste plateaus
    - Your weaponis horrible. You cannot compete with players wth 49x weapons this way
    - replace mastery with int on your wrists
    - Use expertise on gloves since you still have to reforge in hit
    - Aim for T14 boni. You need to have at least 2p bonus, better 4p bonus (neglectable as soon as you have acces to hero gear)

To sum up: A few small mistakes with concerning you gear. But biggest p roblem is you weapon and the lack of T14.

In fact... you have quite a high item-average, but the items are not... really good.
    These are good points, however, I still think there's a problem somewhere, cause I have no T14 (bad luck :>), and Elegon NM wand and seems to have better results. Maybe we should take a deeper look .

Ive talked to a few arcane mages that are ranked high on my server. All three of them suggested to do this as it will be an increased dps gain. I know last night it increased my dps by a small portion. It would be almost pointless being at full mana when a boss dies as a mage.

Weapons: Theres really nothing I can do about my weapon. Nothing has dropped and I am the number one DPS who gets gear and I have used every bonus roll I get on elegon, LFR elegon, Sha, and LFR Terrace. I will be capped with conquest and will be able to gain a pvp weapon for a small dps increase. I have been told by several people that my weapon is part of my issue.

As far as my wrists. I at one time did have intellect but felt it would be more beneficial to have more mastery. As far as reforging I am using Reforgelite and Ask mr robot. I just started using Simcraft and I am still trying to find my way around it. Ive heard you can simcraft your character and it will give you the best results on what to do with your character as far as gemming/enchanting/reforging.

Any other suggestions would be great