Thread: HDMI splitter

HDMI splitter

So I was wondering whats the best why I could go about this, I wanna hook up my xbox 360 and my ps3 while having my PC hooked up to the same monitor but my monitor only has 1 DVI and 1 HDMI output. I have my PC hooked up through the DVI atm and the xbox hooked up with the HDMI would something like this work? (image below) If so how would I switch it between the xbox and the PS3 would it go by whichever one is on? I don't know much about this kind of stuff so that might not work at all lol. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Last Attempt; 2013-01-26 at 10:52 AM.

You need HDMI switch, not splitter.

Switch is meant for multiple input devices (like 2 consoles in your case), while splitter is meant for multiple output devices (having the game show up on two tv's at the same time). Here are some alternatives, no clue about quality. What you want is a model that supports HDCP just in case you'll need it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    The reviews seem to say so:

Pros: It's dirt cheap compared to many alternatives and works flawlessly. There is no degrade in quality of the sound of picture that I can tell, and no input lag added. No power is needed for the unit to operate (aside from what it receives via HDMI cables).

Cons: The only con that I have for this unit is that it has an auto-switching feature built in that i find slightly annoying, mainly because there is no way to disable it. In my scenario, I have a PC, PS3, and Xbox hooked up to it. For example, if I turn on my 360 while viewing my PC, it automatically switches the signal over to the 360. It's a tad annoying since there is no way to disable it

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I too would recommend getting one where you can turn off the auto-switch if you can. Mine is great otherwise, but I could be playing my Xbox and then something I programmed my PVR to record starts - so the PVR starts up and the feed switched over to that in the middle of a game. Aaaah!

Overall auto-switch is good though, it would be a pain to have to go all the way over there and press a button every time I change devices.

But to answer your question Charecters: Auto-switch, at least on my switch will change over to whichever device is powered up next. There's also a manual button to cycle round the different inputs. Mind you mine wasn't exactly expensive, so I'm sure you could find something better.

What you need is a HDMI Switch not a Splitter. I would recommend checking Part # HDMI-3DSW-3P.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought this one and I love it.

I have it setup so my AppleTV has lowest priority, then my PS3, then my laptop, the autoswitching makes it so I never have to physically change which input it uses. It'll automatically switch to the device that is on with the highest priority.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2013-02-22 at 08:37 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)