Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    The folks in the Mage forum are raging over the Arcane nerf and are calling for Affliction's head. I don't think it'll be pretty when they notice the Destro/Demo buffs and presume it means Afflic won't get nerfed beyond the GoSac thing.
    It makes sense though since if they're looking at our specs compared to theirs, we don't "theoretically" have all three specs within a couple thousand dps of one another. The Demo and Destro buffs were justified, but Affliction not being on that list with nerfs is kind of a shocker though that doesn't mean things can't happen last minute.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-02-20 at 04:45 AM.

So with the new buffs to Destro and Demo, can anyone else see Destro being top dps for warlocks?!

I mean, just looking at the itemization on the ToT Raid gear, mostly crit. Im thinking its going to be a destro > demo/affliction Patch, I mean, why make all this green fire stuff and have the spec that uses it the most being last out of the 3 specs!

After seeing them changes to Destro and Demo, Im looking more and more forward to patch 5.2

This expansion brings alot of love for us. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ganja0102 View Post
    So with the new buffs to Destro and Demo, can anyone else see Destro being top dps for warlocks?!

I mean, just looking at the itemization on the ToT Raid gear, mostly crit. Im thinking its going to be a destro > demo/affliction Patch, I mean, why make all this green fire stuff and have the spec that uses it the most being last out of the 3 specs!

After seeing them changes to Destro and Demo, Im looking more and more forward to patch 5.2

This expansion brings alot of love for us. <3
    Demo's already way above destro single target and it just ~18% damage buff

I don't see destro passing demo up.

Yay for Demo buffs, boo for Destro buffs.

Less chance I have of playing Destro the better. But hey, atleast I might actually able to be Demo in 5.2 :3

Deleted
    WoW ... WoW ...

I can only say 1 thing - to strong buffs for demo. I expected more like 10% buff max. It will be changed for sure but. Im shocked that blizzard is actually doing what they wroted o.O

The changes buffs Demo much more than Destro, not just because the values are higher, but also because they didn't receive the GoSac nerf (no, pets are not an option for Destro). The buff to Destro is very minor, since it doesn't affect our nerfed CB and SB, which can be the majority of our damage on many fights. Overall, I think it's fair since Demo does not have as much DPS utility in certain situations, e.g. single-targeting adds. Quite happy if these changes go through.

Also, have they fixed the SB sniping bug yet?

Deleted
    These demo buffs make me feel like a big purple demon inside <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    It makes sense though since if they're looking at our specs compared to theirs, we don't "theoretically" have all three specs within a couple thousand dps of one another. The Demo and Destro buffs were justified, but Affliction not being on that list with nerfs is kind of a shocker though that doesn't mean things can't happen last minute.
    Aff is still going to get a nerf, I'm 99% sure. I mean, GC has said it's going to happen multiple times.

To be honest, I'd rather get a rough nerf tomorrow rather than a post-patch hotfix mega-nerf a la 5.1 Fire Mages.

Doing some quick napkin math these buffs will bring Demo up to about 132k, but destro only up to about 126k single target.

However, right now the sims I based this math off have affliction at 132k, but I'm sure that will drop given the GoSac nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Doing some quick napkin math these buffs will bring Demo up to about 132k, but destro only up to about 126k single target.

However, right now the sims I based this math off have affliction at 132k, but I'm sure that will drop given the GoSac nerf.
    What is your quick "napkin math"?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I'm glad for the buffs; I'm enjoying affliction but I wasn't looking forward to doing it the whole expansion. Also, never know when a terrible encounter is going to rear its head. Horridon looks like one. Don't get the self hate though.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadence View Post
    Yay for Demo buffs, boo for Destro buffs.
    What about your Destro-playing brother-in-arms? You're not the only warlock in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    What about your Destro-playing brother-in-arms? You're not the only warlock in this game
    I despise Destro, and all who use it, with a passion.

Deleted
    I hope the demo changed are getting nerfed or destro will be getting additional buffs, this patch should be all about getting destro back as a viable build, demo is more then capable of that, especially after the gosac nerf to aff. The last thing I want personally, is to be stuck in Cataclysm land again, where we were forced to play that god awful demo spec, which is still the most horrifically booring of the 3 specs.

I have been playing both demo and destro a lot lately since we have everything on farm because I fear affliction will get the nerfbat come next patch. I have to admit, destro would need one hell of a buff (more than it currently has with the new patch notes) to pull ahead of demo or affliction. While destro might be fun for soloing and maybe some dailies or 5mans, I would not like to play it as my main raiding spec. I am really rooting for demo/afflic to be top this coming tier instead of it being afflic/demo like it has been this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    What is your quick "napkin math"?
    Took the sim numbers for the buffed spells and multiplied them accordingly. I also made sure to account for the nerf to GoSac for destro.

Deleted
    demo +11%. destro +6% (with gosac that is).
    thats my napkin math and numbers from simulation craft t14hc presets
    Last edited by mmocab4042b3e7; 2013-02-20 at 10:54 AM.

Damn I might actually get to play other specs than Affliction this tier.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still not enough. Once a couple trinkets are gained, aff will reign supreme again. Pandemic + trinket choices this tier are just too strong and favor aff's mechanics too well. I'm assuming they're discussing lowering Pandemic below 50% extension, since that's the biggest cause of Aff being so high, but at minimum, I expect the next round to hit aff pretty hard. Now that the almighty blue gaze has hit the purple class finally.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    Still not enough. Once a couple trinkets are gained, aff will reign supreme again. Pandemic + trinket choices this tier are just too strong and favor aff's mechanics too well. I'm assuming they're discussing lowering Pandemic below 50% extension, since that's the biggest cause of Aff being so high, but at minimum, I expect the next round to hit aff pretty hard. Now that the almighty blue gaze has hit the purple class finally.
    There's no doubt about affliction still remaining king. The whole thing with these buffs was to simply help balance the other specs or just to increase them flat out. It will most likely be: Affliction > Demo = Destro. Regardless I'm rolling Demo MS/Affliction OS next tier and these buffs gave me all the more incentive to do so.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-02-20 at 03:23 PM.